Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Like Tree9Likes

Laser treatment for scars, anyone?

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Laser treatment for scars, anyone?

Hello
So yesterday was my 8 month (almost) post op visit and everything went well. He likes the way everything looks but he doesnt like my incisions, so he suggested the laser scar treatment as an option.
I was wondering if anyone has had it, if its worked for you or any info on it at all...

I have areola incisions and from what I see in the mirror everyday, they are not bad at all. I mean they were a tiny line right after surgery and for the first few months and now they are a bit thicker. But by looking at my boobs you cant see the scar, unless your up close and personal looking for it. However my doctor thinks it should be better, sooo. Any info at all would be great Thanks girls
Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Update!!!!

Today I had the laser treatment done, Fraxel I believe was the name of it. The whole process in all took about 2 hours, but the treatment itself took about 5-8minutes!
First I had this white lotion looking gel applied to my breasts and incisions. (which I would like to add I think look great already) than she wrapped me in surran wrap and let me get dressed.
I had to leave the cream on for 1 hour, so it could numb my breast area.
After about 1hr 30minutes I was back in the room getting my laser! The laser looks just like one of those man electric shavers-Except it has red lights on the top, it also has this big hose coming out of it to go back to the computer/machine its connected to.
While she used the laser she also used another hose that blew out ice cold air, to distract us from the heat of the laser! so the extreme heat from the laser was cancelled out with the coldness. (for the most part anyways!)

Overall it was kind of uncomfortable and when she hit a spot that was not numbed OH BOY! However she was very positive and said that my scars will be near invisible (even though I though they were before!)
While I was in there she noticed my stretch marks and said the fraxel would help with them as well, so I got them lasered too! I have to go back for one more treatment and she said the results will be great!

Right now I can see a difference already-My breasts are also super swollen and red right now. I have to avoid sun exposure for the next 3 weeks, and than apply sunblock everyday.

Just an update for anyone interested!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Bambi777 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for posting this!!! My PS offers this a year out if my scar treatment cream isn't effective!! Was there an extra cost to you? If you don't mind me askin!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:02 PM

Lilac Ann has a spectacular aura Lilac Ann has a spectacular aura
Hi VictoriaC ~ long time since I've talked to ya'

My surgeon offered me a complimentary Fraxel laser treatment when I gave him all my pics to make the video. Though by the time I got around to getting it done, about 7 month's later, my incisions didn't really need it since they had healed up nicely. So instead he did my thyroidectomy scar. I had 3 treatments and my scar is barely there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Ann For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Hello No there was no additional cost to me for this treatment, im going back in 4 weeks (im not sure if I added that above!) And they didnt say anything about an additional charge either.

Hey barb! I was just thinking about you tonight, and asking the girls in the chat if theyve seen you around! You were so helpful to me before BA and after! Thanks again for that!
Yay-So it is called Fraxel, im happy to see it has worked so well. I am looking forward to seeing how the stretch marks turn out. I hope well, like I said in my post above they were so hopeful! I wasnt even going in to get the strecth marks done! Just an added bonus I guess

BTW-It was a bit uncomfortable at first, but it was short and worth it if it makes things only better! Right now My chest area feels like it has gotten a sunburn. In some areas worse than the others...But nothing unbareable!

Thanks for replying ladies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 AM

Lilac Ann has a spectacular aura Lilac Ann has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by VictoriaC View Post
Hey barb! I was just thinking about you tonight, and asking the girls in the chat if theyve seen you around! You were so helpful to me before breast augmentation and after! Thanks again for that!
Yeah, I'm still around. Glad I was a help and you are very welcome!
Stay in touch!
Barb
Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 AM

I actually already see a difference! My scars werent obvious before we decided to do Fraxel but according to him he said they could look much better! So far I can see a difference! on my stretch mark area (the middle/Cleavage area) It could be because its swollen but they said after another treatment my incisions will be done and than I should 2 more for the stretch marks (so 3 in total)
I also got an airbrush tan the day before, which limited the area they could Fraxel on. (my boobs were not sprayed I kept them covered)

Im pretty excited and they said in cases like mine theyve been very successful with the stretch marks! I wish I could get them on my thigh/butt area, where I have them! lol-But for now I will stick to just this!

BARB-Yes please stay in touch! I miss you girl!!

Last edited by Lilac Ann; 05-20-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Update: 5/20/10

Today was my second session of my Fraxel laser treatment.
It was the same as my first visit: Get numbed for 1 hour than have the laser treatment, which once started takes about 10-15 minutes.
Its a hot laser and also evened out by cold air blowing on the where the laser is, and with he numbing cream already in place, you can barley feel a thing. Well this time I barely felt a thing.
The numbing solution was on for a little over 1 hour, but the lasers were a turned up to a stronger setting. Each time they turn the lasers higher and higher and go to the skins starting point to help the regrowth of new skin.
Or thats how I interpeted their explanation of it.

After my first treatment I was so happy with my results I cant imagine how awesome they will be after this one which is my second one. I am not getting the third one starting until fall due to the fact that you CAN NOT go into the sun for 3 weeks after the treatment and need to be mostly covered and an spf 50+ for 2 months after.
So for this summer I have to wear bandeau tops and a high spf, which I dont mind since it gives me an excuse to by more swimsuits! :-)

I hope this information was useful, and if you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me

D Cup Diva likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Update: 11/5/10

Hello everyone. Heres an update!

Last week was my third session of the FRAXEL laser. I arrived 1hr earlier then my appointment time to get the numbing cream, as usual. Once that time was up I started my treatment.
She applies the cold air at the same time as the laser to cancel out any heat I may feel from the laser. Which was none this time. The only discomfort I felt was from me being so cold my nips were at attention.

As for the results. I am very happy, The red and white stretch marks (old and new) are no where to be found and my incisions are not visible to the non-breast implant experts eye.

My post op laser instruction: Keep lasered area OUT of sunlight for atleast 3 months. Apply an spf whenever that skin will/ma be exposed. (even in a V neck or etc on a cold day and the sun is shining. Apply healing lotions, such as vitamin E, or another product that promotes healing.
Do not scrub with soap, or towel to dry. Pat dry and rinse with water.

I HTH anyone interested!

D Cup Diva likes this.

Last edited by Victorious*; 11-10-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:30 PM
~*Nothing is worth more than this day*~

modern_illusion is just really nice modern_illusion is just really nice modern_illusion is just really nice modern_illusion is just really nice modern_illusion is just really nice
I want to talk to my PS & see if this is an option for me.

I'm not happy at all with how my scars turned out. He suggested a scar revision - so, he'd basically cut the scar out, re-stitch, and then HOPEFULLY I'd heal better this time around....but he couldn't guarantee it, and it'd cost just under $400.

I'm going to give him a call next week and see if he offers this, or can refer me to someone who will do it. The idea of having stitches again was just NOT something I wanted to go through.

Thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to modern_illusion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM

Your so welcome! You should suggest it! My surgeon did not charge me for it and suggested it. Im so happy that he thought of this otherwise I would be all stretch marked up....As for my scars I thought they were decent before, now they are just no where to be found. I am amazed everytime I look in the mirror.
You should exhaust all your options before you go in for a scar revision. Goodluck!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
thanks for this post. so glad to hear it worked so well for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 04:51 PM

Update 2.22.11

Today was my 4th Fraxel treatment session, once again at no charge to me. My surgeon does this no charge, as he was the one who stated he did not like the way my incisions looked. I was not un-happy with them, but there is always room for improvement and anything to help my stretch marks I am for!

So today I was numbed for about 1hr 15minutes before I was started (hair removal while waiting) and did not feel a thing, it was a breeze. The longer you are numb the less you feel, which of course makes sense. There werecertain spots she wanted to do that were not numb, and to be honest I wasnt in any severe pain. It was weird and felt sort of like electricity in those spots.
I am red now and sore feeling like I got a bad sun burn.
I have strict post op rules to follow, just like last time.

Certain washing techniques, certain pat dry after the shower. Absolutely no sun at all...etc.

Overall: I am very happy with my results so far and cant imagine how I will look after this session! I will keep you posted with my results once things in my bra have settled down.

I will most likely have 2 more treatments after the summer is over so I can enjoy the sun and not have to worry about messing up the resurfacing!

D Cup Diva likes this.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 AM

blondespa is on a distinguished road
Thank you for posting your updates. They are very helpful!

How much improvement did you see after your first 2 sessions?
If it was significant..and you were paying,would you have done another session?

Thanks!!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 AM

danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough danzn16 is a jewel in the rough
i'm thinking about getting this done, i wonder the price range for this treatment?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:31 PM

blondespa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
i'm thinking about getting this done, i wonder the price range for this treatment?
It depends on how big the area being worked on is. Go check out some Dr's websites and they should have something on their website. Also sign up for their emails, sometimes they run specials on the laser

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by blondespa View Post
Thank you for posting your updates. They are very helpful!

How much improvement did you see after your first 2 sessions?
If it was significant..and you were paying,would you have done another session?

Thanks!!
Hello I am glad I could help you. After my first session I saw improvements. I however didnt think my incisions look too bad before, but I was mainly agreeing to the treatment because it was free and I was really upset with horrible my stretch marks looked.
I am happy I did it! The results are amazing! I did follow all of my post op fraxel instruction perfectly, which I think plays a big role in the end results of it.
Depending on the price... (since I dont know it) I would have definitely done another session, or multiple. I still until this day have great results from it and could not be happier

Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
It is something I would say to consider, Or even speak to your surgeon about if you are not happy with your incisions or stretch marks. My stretch marks were from pre BA and then additional ones that showed up after.
I unfortunately dont even have a clue how much this treatment could cost. I am guessing its not cheap. I could ask on my next laser hair removal appointment.
Goodluck ladies
Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 PM

vintage is on a distinguished road
VictoriaC, your posts are always so helpful Thanks for keeping a detailed record of your treatments and experiences. I'll definitely try this treatment if I need it (it looks like I'll be getting aerola incisions too).
The Following User Says Thank You to vintage For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Nothing can be accomplished in life without taking a risk

VictoriaD is on a distinguished road
This is very helpful! I was just thinking about getting something done for my (stomach) stretch marks too. But I already have a heat laser in mind to help speed my skin tightening back up as I gradually lose the fat left over on my stomach.. I'll have to see if one laser can address both of those. By the time I get my boobs done i'll have had my hernia fixed so i'll have the stupid smiley shaped scar under my belly button to add to. I'm a mess! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 AM

schocksie is on a distinguished road
Wow free LASER that's awesome!
Reply Subscribe