Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Augmentation Surgery Post-Op & Recovery Forum Please post all post-operative and recovery questions in this forum.

Gummy Bears & Pec Muscles

Old 06-14-2010, 04:13 PM

Madelyn9136 is on a distinguished road
Gummy Bears & Pec Muscles

To all the Gummy Bear Girls,

I've read several posts on the forum that talk about a weird sensation you get when using your pec muscles. From what I've read, everything from certain exercises to everyday activities will cause this weird feeling in your chest. Some have described it as a gross feeling. Here's an example of one of these posts, http://www.justbreastimplants.com/fo...pecs-last.html

I don't think I've seen anyone with Gummies mention this sensation yet, so I'm just wondering if this happens with Gummies too?

I was set on getting the Gummy Bears, until I read about this feeling. I'm just concerned that I won't be able to tolerate it-especially since I work out pretty hard (I do P90X on a regular basis). I would think I'd get used to it after a while, but I don't know. Has anyone with Gummies experienced this? If so, how long did you experience it? Was it just after the surgery or is this something that will last forever? What did it feel like? Did it gross you out?

My PS is Dr. Adams in Dallas, and I know he's one of the best around this area. He recommended doing unders b/c you have less risk of caps contracture, bottoming out, poor mammogram readings, etc, but now I'm wondering if overs would be a better option. Though I'm not sure this 'feeling' is worth the risks that come with overs.

Any insight you girls have is much appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM

Little Mo is on a distinguished road
I have cohesive silicone implants but I don't think the feeling is any different if you have saline or silicone. If they are under the muscle they get compressed when you flex. I personally don't know if the sensation goes away as I still find flexing hard to do and I don't have my strength back at all yet.

Have you talked to your doctor about it. There seems to be a bit of a debate on whether push ups are a problem with unders or not. Many women do them and plenty on here do the P90X. I know at least one video on the P90X has a ton of push ups. My doctor does not recommend doing push ups. I think you should ask your PS.

I am having issues figuring out how to rehabilit my chest muscles. I don't know what exercises I should be doing to try and get my pecs to work again. Hopefully some others will chime in here.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 PM

yoyomom is on a distinguished road
This is a question of over or under, having gummy bear implant does not cause this problem. I am 3 months post op now and I can tell you I am only about 70% full strenth and hopefully it should get better.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 PM

PinkyS is on a distinguished road
I also have Cohesive Gel implants unders and just opening a car door my pec muscle flexes. It is definitely an odd feeling but I am getting use to it. My PS told me absolutely no upper body exercises at this point and I am 5 weeks post op. I can't begin to tell you what my arms are starting to look like. I am going to need to find something to help my arms out. I tried to do a push up and my chest got so flippin tight. I told this to my PS and that is when she said NO UPPER BODY stuff right now ughhhh!!! Everyone is different though, but if you are going under the muscle most likely it will occur, no matter what type of implant!!! Hope this helps....
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkyS For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 01:25 AM

Vic*Tori is on a distinguished road
I have gummys and I get the wierd feeling when using my pec muscles, it was more obvious at around weeks 2-4 but now only when doing things that are specific to that muscle group. And only in my righty?? My left is fine doing things...

So I think it is unavoidable if you are under muscle.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM

2bigdogs is on a distinguished road
Like the other girls said, it's not an implant type issue, it's an implant placement issue. The feeling we are talking about refers to the muscle squeezing something underneath that we're obviously not used to. I do believe that it will get better/go away in time as I don't notice it a tenth of what I used to. It's taken me a long time to get back to my normal arm/chest/tri routines but I'm slowly but surely getting there. You will too. (The only real hold up for me at this point is not wanting to do too much training and risk changing anything about my results. It's more mental than physical.) It's just a matter of talking with your surgeon and figuring out what holds the most benefits for you as you've already mentioned a few associated with going under the muscle vs over. And for what it's worth, I have a friend who actually likes that pec squeezing feeling. She loves to flex her pecs and watch them bounce around and her attitude cracks me up. Really, it comes down to personal preference.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 PM

Madelyn9136 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, girls! I figured you'd get that feeling no matter what type of implant. I guess I was just hoping that gummies would be different since I'm so paranoid about that feeling grossing me out! I don't think I'd mind it as long as you get used to it, and it sounds like most people do.

I heard back from the PS' Patient Educator today, and she said they've never restricted patients from resuming chest exercises long term, only 6 weeks from surgery. She also said patients initially have a strange feeling but it goes away. They have hundreds of patients that are personal trainers and patients that are physically active, and she's never heard any complaints long term.

So, this makes me feel better. I think I'm just being overly paranoid!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 AM

Aurae is on a distinguished road
pole dance and pec muscles...? Overs or unders?

I have my date already scheduled and I find this topic very interesting. I do pole dancing (advanced moves, so I just like to call it vertical acrobatics) and I am a bit confused and conceded with the whole over, under the muscle placement and feeling afterward. I certainly want to keep up what i am doing, though I know it will take time to recovery and work my way slowly back to my pole. Is there anyone who has experience with this...? It involves handstands, extended arm inversion, pull ups... My doctor told me that 90% of his augmentations are under the muscle, but that i would feel the implant when I contracted the muscle. Is this something I would just get used to after a while? He also suggested that i could have them over the muscle but that there would be more distortion when contracting the muscle.

I am going to have the cohesive-gel (gummy bear) implants, if that helps at all. I go for my blood work on Tuesday, and the whole over/under muscle thing did not seem like it would be an issue since more women are going to have them under the muscle. A few dancers have shared they have them under the muscle, but many of them are just working their way back to the pole now, or had them done years ago before starting pole.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated I did not know how to post a new thread on this, or if I needed to.

Thanks!