Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

My scars show through shirts! Benelli Lift ldys-After healing,how are your scars now?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:19 AM

LoveBunny is on a distinguished road
Unhappy My scars show through shirts! Benelli Lift ldys-After healing,how are your scars now?

Hi ladies!

I got a benelli lift with my BA over a year ago. I am so upset with my scars and I would like to know if my scaring is normal for this type of lift or not.

Here is what I'm experiencing... When wearing a bra and shirt my areola scars show through my shirt making it look like I have pepperonis on my breasts.. you can see the outline of my areolas! I'm so upset. Even through a thick-ish sports bra going to the gym! It's embarrassing as well as inconvenient. I can't very well wear a thick thick bra to the gym. That would be so sweaty. :-( And this isn't just with barely there bras, it's even with a few not so flimsy lace ones. It makes it hard to wear lighter colors and/or thinner shirts as they show through so much easier. It's really not a pretty look.

I'm hoping a scar revision would help them a bit as well as some massage earlier in the healing process. I didn't even try to massage the benelli scars. I don't know if would help. I'm desperate. Dr. DeWire is great, but has a habit of saying " we're our own worst critics" so it makes me feel bad thinking I'm always overreacting. So before going to him, I wanted to see if I had a valid concern or if it's a normal inconvenience with this type of lift. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Mkay is on a distinguished road
Sorry your scars healed not desirable for you. I have scars too mine are from a full lift and around my aerola is a thin white line the vertical line is almost gone but the anchor portion SUCKS... Thick raised bumpy ect. I know we don't want to hear this but sometimes this is how our bodies heal. But given an opportunity to get a scar revision I would try too... Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mkay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Tits on a stick

newbewbies2010 is on a distinguished road
It sounds like they are keloiding. I'm at 9.5 weeks, and while mine are still discolored and red, they are very smooth and flat. And I had a lollipop lift. I can understand how that outline would upset you, and after a year, it sounds like they won't go away. I'd ask your PS what your options are.
The Following User Says Thank You to newbewbies2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 AM

pinayprincess is on a distinguished road
Try ScarGuard MD. It completely flattened out my smart lipo scars, which were keloiding and raised. Buy it cheap online, don't pay for it in a PS' office. I think I paid around $30-$40.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinayprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
Sorry your scars healed not desirable for you. I have scars too mine are from a full lift and around my aerola is a thin white line the vertical line is almost gone but the anchor portion SUCKS... Thick raised bumpy ect. I know we don't want to hear this but sometimes this is how our bodies heal. But given an opportunity to get a scar revision I would try too... Good luck!!
I'm relieved to hear that your areola scars healed nicely. It give me hope! I actually had an allergic reaction to the dissolvable stitches my PS used. My incisions were "spitting" them out and got a little bumpy around them. That must be the reason they healed so wonky. I'll have to ask my PS if he could use another type/brand if I get a revision done.

My armpit incisions healed great, not bumpy and almost invisible now! So like you, a different area of my body healed differently. I think part of the reason is because the stitches in my armpits weren't the dissolvable kind, they needed to be removed so no allergic reaction.

I'm sorry to hear about your anchor incisions! Maybe you had an allergic reaction as well? I have read about a few ladies that have had reactions to that type of dissolvable stitching. Are you planning on getting a revision?

I know you're probably thinking armpit incisions?? Didn't you have a benelli lift? Well my PS inserts the implant through the armpit because he feels the milkducts harbor bacteria that can rub off on the implant during insertion so that is why he inserts them through the armpits. More scaring, but I'm okay with it because of his reasoning.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flitterflea View Post
It sounds like they are keloiding. I'm at 9.5 weeks, and while mine are still discolored and red, they are very smooth and flat. And I had a lollipop lift. I can understand how that outline would upset you, and after a year, it sounds like they won't go away. I'd ask your PS what your options are.
I didn't think about it maybe being keloiding. At least I now have a word to put to my issue when bringing it up to my PS! Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:25 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pinayprincess View Post
Try ScarGuard MD. It completely flattened out my smart lipo scars, which were keloiding and raised. Buy it cheap online, don't pay for it in a PS' office. I think I paid around $30-$40.

I have heard mixed reviews on ScarGuard. It works wonderfully for some and not at all for others. I'm so happy that it worked for you! How long after your procedure did you start using it? I'm over a year out and fear I'm too late.

I have also looked into Dermatix. I have read some great reviews on that product. Next time I'll have to jump on the use of one of these products if I get a revision. after my PS okays it of course. :-)
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Tits on a stick

newbewbies2010 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LoveBunny View Post
I have heard mixed reviews on ScarGuard. It works wonderfully for some and not at all for others. I'm so happy that it worked for you! How long after your procedure did you start using it? I'm over a year out and fear I'm too late.

I have also looked into Dermatix. I have read some great reviews on that product. Next time I'll have to jump on the use of one of these products if I get a revision. after my PS okays it of course. :-)
I've also been using scarguard. you can get it at walmart for $27 a bottle. It doesn't last long, so it will get expensive. I have to say that I think my scars look better since the two weeks I've been using it. I've also tried bio oil, mederma, and the silicone sheets, and none of those did anything I could see except the sheeting made my scars more red.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Loving the new boobs!

Sugarlove will become famous soon enough Sugarlove will become famous soon enough
It may not be too late for you to do something about the scars. You could still try the silicone sheets and the scarguard to see if they help. Its worth a try. I sure hope it gets better for you.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:01 AM

I'd try some sheeting or scar guard, but some parts are not just raised, they're hard-ish. I'll have to get the courage to call my PS soon.

Any ladies with pictures of their benelli lift on here? I'd love to see some others results.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:58 PM

maisey_daisy is on a distinguished road
Although I don't have this problem all the time, I did notice when I wear one of my spandex bandeau bra thingies, you can see the outline of my areola, just like you described. I think this is because of my permanent gortex suture under the skin. When I have it removed this summer, I think it will help with my situation. I sent you a message about the gortex thing already, so idk if you have one, but if you do...this might be the cause. I hope this helps!