Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Best time of year

Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Monika is on a distinguished road
Arrow Best time of year

Hi ladies. I'm getting a breast lift and reduction(on one side) on June 27th. I live in Alberta, Canada. Where i live summer only lasts about 4 months and June is when it starts getting really nice. Now i know i have to wear a sports bar after the surger for a few weeks. What if i want to go swimming or if its really hott and i want to wear a tank top??? does the sports bra really get in the way??? im thinking about booking my surgery for september instead. But i do want it done ASAP. Please help!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM

sshana is on a distinguished road
I was suppose to get a lift on one side also and a BA on June 29. I rebooked for Sept. today for similar reasons. I have 2 little ones and we joined the local pool so I didn't want to worry about not being able to swim.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:28 AM

Jellybee is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I can't help with your question (it's winter in Australia). I just wanted to wish you good luck. I completely understand about wanting it done ASAP!!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:43 PM

maz1959 is on a distinguished road
Hi

Originally Posted by Monika View Post
Hi ladies. I'm getting a breast lift and reduction(on one side) on June 27th. I live in Alberta, Canada. Where i live summer only lasts about 4 months and June is when it starts getting really nice. Now i know i have to wear a sports bar after the surger for a few weeks. What if i want to go swimming or if its really hott and i want to wear a tank top??? does the sports bra really get in the way??? im thinking about booking my surgery for september instead. But i do want it done ASAP. Please help!!!!!!!
Hi!
My prefrence would be Spring or Autum!
It all depends what your PS wants you to do after BA, i.e wear a bra, its best to ask the PS.....but it shouldnt stop you from having a nice time, us woman always find a way to feel and look good!
Hugs Marion
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 AM

june5 is on a distinguished road
I was told to be careful of sun exposure for 1 year. It even stated on the aftercare that uv rays can come through clothing. Be careful and make sure you have extra protection so you do not end up with bad scarring.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM

mz925 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Monika View Post
I was able to take the sport bra off at week and was able to be free when I wanted. I would ask your PS, everyone is different. My PS said I could lay out but to put sunscreen on under and not to get the girls wet. I am now able to get in the pool at 1 month.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:49 PM

JayDee is on a distinguished road
I had mine done at the end of June. I wish I had waited until the fall. It is a bummer to be so hot and not be able to go swimming. My summer vacation this year will be so different. I can't wear the summer tops that I love because I need to wear the sports bra.

Don't get me wrong. I don't regret it for a second. I would, however, in hindsight have scheduled a fall or winter surgery.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Every PS and patient is different. Mine were SO high and compressed..square shaped, that I remember feelng VERY glad I had it done in the winter so I could hide under sweaters and high neck tops, but not all women experience that.

Also, per my PS instructions, I wore a sportsbra for a month, then no wires for another 2 months, so again...I was glad that it was weather I could hide them in.

If I had a redo, I would wait until winter again, JMO. Aside from them looking funky at first, I just would've hated to add to the overall discomfort I felt by also being hot on top of it.