Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Full Lifts & New Areolas

Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM

MommyMeggo is on a distinguished road
Full Lifts & New Areolas

So I am NOT happy with mine.
He revised them a bit to make them a tad smaller, they are still big but I dont mind that b/c my nipple is big.

Quick glance and in general, size-wise...they are the same. But my nipple position is not completely centered within the "circle" on either and one is shaped different, its longer on the bottom. BUT on my breast mound my nipples are even with each other as are my aerolas...so thank GOD. But seperately compared they are different from each other.

NOW, I understand I went in with big areolas, after 2 pregnancies and deflated from breast feeding but how hard can it be to make them exactly the same!?!?!? I mean I know i cant draw a perfect circle but damn, get something to trace!!!
Maybe this is just my anatomy??

Symmetry is an extreme OCD I have so this is not healthy for me.

Im quite upset...I dont think this will change as I heal. I believe the areola reduction "is what it is" right?
Breasts look great until I take my shirt of and start picking apart tiny details in whats wrong with them.

Anyone else not like their "new" areolas?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:37 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Hey MommyMeggo, sorry to hear you're not happy with your results. It sounds like you went through a pretty big procedure and to come out with less than perfect results... must be pretty frustrating!

I didn't have a full lift, but did have a benelli 4 weeks ago, and my areolas are ANYTHING but symetrical and it bugs the crap out of me too! My PS warned me that this would happen, but I was so focused on the lift I didn't think it would bother me...but it does He said to call if I needed/wanted a revision to repair any potential imperfections (he said this while I was on the operating table) so I plan on phoning in a few weeks to get a revision/areola reduction. I'm sure going under the knife is the last thing you want to think about right now, but an areola reduction/asymmetry correction is pretty minimal. Just under local, can be done in the office and little/no recovery time. Have you talked to your PS about it? if it's going to bug you, you might want to correct it. HTH!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 AM

I go on the 7th of March for 6 week PO appt. And Ill review it again then.
To see how they look once healed and my implants have dropped and "fluffed" if they do.

Ill discuss with my hubby too...his opinion is actually MORE important than mine. =)

Im also going to have a FTT in 2 years so I may wait til then.
But we will see. Ill DEF ask my PS about the cost and procedure of this revision when I go in again!

THANKS!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:01 AM

supernova is on a distinguished road
My nips aren't even..not to noticeable though..and my areola are not exactly the same.. my PS showed me a paper with a pic of how big my areola were supposed to end up. My nip just isn't centered..but ya know.. I've decided that my boobs weren't perfect before surgery or pregnancy and I shouldn't expect them to be perfect now
The Following User Says Thank You to supernova For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 1hummingbird View Post
Hey MommyMeggo, sorry to hear you're not happy with your results. It sounds like you went through a pretty big procedure and to come out with less than perfect results... must be pretty frustrating!

I didn't have a full lift, but did have a benelli 4 weeks ago, and my areolas are ANYTHING but symetrical and it bugs the crap out of me too! My PS warned me that this would happen, but I was so focused on the lift I didn't think it would bother me...but it does He said to call if I needed/wanted a revision to repair any potential imperfections (he said this while I was on the operating table) so I plan on phoning in a few weeks to get a revision/areola reduction. I'm sure going under the knife is the last thing you want to think about right now, but an areola reduction/asymmetry correction is pretty minimal. Just under local, can be done in the office and little/no recovery time. Have you talked to your PS about it? if it's going to bug you, you might want to correct it. HTH!

saw ur pics...
I thnk you look AMAZING....yours look pretty awesome. My left has the longer space on the bottom like your right one. But see, at first glance and without reading your post...Id never notice it. Mine are the same SIZE- diff shapes. I am wondering if he had to make them this way due to my natural asymmetry? hell i dont know anymore. Im "boobed" out- maybe I should try to forget about them for a day or two.

never the less I am 1000 miles away from where I was pre-op...and truthfully very very happy.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Awww...thanks for the kinds words We really are our own worst critics hey? I go through days where I am just so happy for the improvement, and then other days I nit-pic through every little imperfection. I guess this is the curse of being a woman, we over analyze everything!

Your results are just incredible! I'm glad you're happy, cause you look so great I can't see the difference in shape between the two, I couldn't find a straight-on photo. Either way, it sounds like you've got a few weeks to think things over before talking to your PS. Good to hear you've got the support of your DH too, he must be thrilled with your results as well. Happy healing!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1hummingbird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1hummingbird View Post
Your results are just incredible! I'm glad you're happy, cause you look so great I can't see the difference in shape between the two, I couldn't find a straight-on photo.
Well, this post is why i dont have a straight on shot.. LMAO....

thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:58 AM

pumpkingrower is on a distinguished road
I felt the same way for a while. I do not know if you remember, but I was a bit depressed because my right one was pointed at the bottom which was weird because immediately out of surgery, they were both perfectly round. It looked like the "t" incision pulled on it and pulled it down.
Well, now it is almost completely round again. I guess I just want you to know that in healing, they will change. It sounds crazy and if I had not seen it myself, I would not believe it, but they change. My left has gotten even smaller since surgery (assume that is from the swelling going down) so it is now smaller than my right. I am still swollen more on the right so I believe once that goes down, they will be closer in size, but even if that does not happen, the size difference is not anything that bothers me.
You might find that you are still unhappy, but trust me, they do change as you heal. Like I said, if I had not seen it myself I would never have believed that!
Best wishes!
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpkingrower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 PM

stormy river is on a distinguished road
I have to keep my aureolas taped where the incisions are & I'm 2 months out now. The doctor said it will keep them nice looking as I heal & they won't stretch. So far, so good, however I am sick of the tape & changing it every couple days. I am hoping I will get to stop using the tape Monday at my 4th post op.
Now, I don't know if keeping the tape on the incisions really helps, but my doctor thinks so & he is the expert!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire

Tundra is on a distinguished road
I know the feeling I'm def gonna get an areola reduction when I can.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM

pumpkingrower is on a distinguished road
No clue what my PS used for cutting. I can only say now that both areolas are perfectly round (even the one that was freaky shaped for a while) and are pretty much the same size. They just change so much post op. I never would have believed that if I had not experienced it myself. I mean I was embarrassed by the one that was "football" shaped. It is perfectly round now. Crazy!
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpkingrower For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Steelers Fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AgentProvocateur View Post
Resurrecting this thread...

According to my PS, they do use surgical nipple cutters, roughly 4cm. My PS said he will be using them to even up my asymmetry. Yay! Any of the ladies in this thread do you know if your PS used these?
Mine did, he described it as a "cookie cutter". LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM

NanaT is on a distinguished road
Like Steeler, my PS also uses a "cookie cutter" I have not seen them yet, because my surgery (3rd) was yesterday. I'm looking forward to having smaller aereola and having them nice and perky. I have been loving my implants for over a year now, but the crescent lift just wasn't enough. Hopefully, this will do it! can't wait for my big reveal tomorrow. I'm sure I'll feel like Frankenstein for awhile but I'm patient.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Mine have also evened out...YAY
Old 03-16-2011, 09:39 PM

coby is on a distinguished road
thats great news. i hope mine get made a little smaller as part of my bl/aug. i am going to double check at my pre op.