Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree9Likes

How was your experience with breast lift?

Reply Subscribe
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM

dmomma is on a distinguished road
How was your experience with breast lift?

I've read lots and lots of stories about everyone's experience with BA but not much on breast lifts. Any one who has had one, can you share your story? How was the pain? What type of lift did you get? Healing time? Were you alot smaller after? Did you get a BA with it?

Do you have to have them wrapped up like you would for BA? Can you shower?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 PM

MommyMeggo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dmomma View Post
I've read lots and lots of stories about everyone's experience with breast augmentation but not much on breast lifts. Any one who has had one, can you share your story? How was the pain? What type of lift did you get? Healing time? Were you alot smaller after? Did you get a breast augmentation with it?

Do you have to have them wrapped up like you would for breast augmentation? Can you shower?
Recovery is fine, just more incisions (depending on the lift) so you will need to adhere to the lifting restrictions. I had a full lift...crease, vertical to the areola, around entire areola.

I had internal stitches, a few outer stitches and skin glue. I could shower the next day.
I was in the given surgical bra for 24 hrs, then a sports bra. Never wraps, post op was the very next morning. Then at 7 -10 days to remove stitches-then 1 month (March 7th)
You dont really get "smaller" you lose loose skin and will be PERKIER. But a lift will not FILL you up.

However I had implants at the same time. Wouldnt have it any other way. My breasts were small and I had always planned on implants.
I am 2 week PO and back to normal for most everything. Just being careful with lifting. Im already sleeping on my side some. WOO HOO!

PixiePie likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommyMeggo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 AM

pumpkingrower is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift and I would do it again in a heartbeat. My surgery was 4 hours long. I have incisions in the crease (well, actually about a cm up on the breast from my crease,) from the crease to the areola, and around the areola. Oh my PS does implants trans ax so I have those too! I was wrapped for 24 hours post surgery. That was painful. Once he took the wrap off, I was told to wear a bra with wire 24/7 which I had to do through my 4 week post op. The worst part for me was the nausea from the pain meds. I went off of them day two because of that. I did nothing and I mean nothing the first 3 days post op which I think helped my recovery. It was pretty easy all in all aside from the nausea. I am already running again. I went back to work 1 week post op and was able to lift my 3 year old 2 weeks post op. Oh, and I was able to shower 24 hours after the surgery.
My PS removed a good deal of skin so I would have been a full cup size smaller without the implants which would have put me at a B. I seem to have settled at a D which is perfect for me. I look thinner now that my breasts are not hanging halfway down my waist.
Best decision I have ever made. I now have the breasts of a very perky 18 year old and that was something I never had. My PS actually said to me this past Monday, "You were probably destined to have saggy breasts from the moment you got them." He is right. I went from an A to a C overnight when I was 13. They were never perky. Now I have what what I wanted all along!
Best wishes!

Sunshinekat817 and Boobiana like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpkingrower For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 AM

photomomv is on a distinguished road
How was your experience with breast lift?Amazing and way easier than I thought it would be!

Any one who has had one, can you share your story? I had breastfed three babies, gained and lost enormous amounts of weight, and my breasts were loose, saggy, wrinkly blobs of skin! I wore a 38B and decided I wanted to be around a D, so I decided on a full anchor lift with 550cc's.

How was the pain? completely manageable. I stopped taking pain meds after the second day. I'm on day 4 now and I'm taking nothing!

Healing time? still healing!

Did you get a breast augmentation with it? yep!

Do you have to have them wrapped up like you would for breast augmentation? They sent me home in a tight sports bra/gauze/steri strips. The gauze came off 48 hours later when I could shower. Now I just wear a sports bra with a band pushing them down.

Can you shower? After 48 hours!

Sunshinekat817 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to photomomv For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Miamimami89 is on a distinguished road
I was never extremely happy with my results but I gave it time to see if they'd end up as what I wanted...Nope I am going to go this summer for a redo for scar revision and more of a fake look. Make sure you are very clear about what you want/expect and what you're surgeon can give you. Good Luck!

Hot_Potato likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miamimami89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 03:23 PM

jerinova is on a distinguished road
Full anchor, lift only here. It was eeeeasy. I drove myself the next day to post-op the next day. Just had a strange feeling on my chest like my boobs were falling off. Was never really in pain.

I was in surgical bra on surgery day. Then went next day for post op, was put in a sports bra + surgical bra. After 1wk was in 2 sports bras. Then one sports bra from wk 4-6 and that was it!. I had drains, they were remove on day I think 4.

Size - of course they became smaller. Remember this is a lift only. Quite small. I had a lot of skin, that's what filled my bra. Now am waiting for my BA in a few months.

Showering, I could the next day but didn't. Showered on Day 3. Restrictions, I don't remember them cos they are not things I do...like lifting weights.

Most annoying thing was going to work in a sports bra. It was comfy but made my chest look funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerinova For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 PM

stormy river is on a distinguished road
I've read lots and lots of stories about everyone's experience with breast augmentation but not much on breast lifts. Any one who has had one, can you share your story? How was the pain? What type of lift did you get? Healing time? Were you alot smaller after? Did you get a breast augmentation with it?

Do you have to have them wrapped up like you would for breast augmentation? Can you shower?
The pain isn't bad at all!!
I got an aureola reduction with anchor lift.
I got 500 cc high profile silicone.
Was able to shower 2 days later & got to go to a sports bra the same day.
I absolutely love my results, I am still taped up. I change the tape every couple days. The tape helps the scars & keeps the aureola from stretching back out while healing.

I am so happy
The Following User Says Thank You to stormy river For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2011, 06:19 AM

coby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by photomomv View Post
How was your experience with breast lift?Amazing and way easier than I thought it would be!

Any one who has had one, can you share your story? I had breastfed three babies, gained and lost enormous amounts of weight, and my breasts were loose, saggy, wrinkly blobs of skin! I wore a 38B and decided I wanted to be around a D, so I decided on a full anchor lift with 550cc's.

How was the pain? completely manageable. I stopped taking pain meds after the second day. I'm on day 4 now and I'm taking nothing!

Healing time? still healing!

Did you get a breast augmentation with it? yep!

Do you have to have them wrapped up like you would for breast augmentation? They sent me home in a tight sports bra/gauze/steri strips. The gauze came off 48 hours later when I could shower. Now I just wear a sports bra with a band pushing them down.

Can you shower? After 48 hours!
Hi There, how long do you have to wear the sports bra for after the surgery? I am also getting a lift and BA. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM

dmomma is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing your stories. Im surprise that a breast lift is not all the painful! I figure it would leave you in lots of pain. Now I really cant wait until I get my breast lift.

I know I'll need a full anchor lift because of all the sag I have. I hope I can deal with having smaller boobies for a while until my ba

Sunshinekat817 likes this.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM

WA637 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing your stories. Im surprise that a breast lift is not all the painful! I figure it would leave you in lots of pain. Now I really cant wait until I get my breast lift.

I know I'll need a full anchor lift because of all the sag I have. I hope I can deal with having smaller boobies for a while until my breast augmentation
I havent had mine yet i will on monday!!! But i too am doing the lift and then a few months later the augmentation. Good luck!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 AM

suzycreamcheese is on a distinguished road
i had my implants and uplift seperatly.
I had my implants last july, as the surgeon believed i could get away without an uplift, but it turned out i did need one after all, so had my uplift 4 days ago - anchor on my left, lollipop on my right.

The uplift has been sooooo much easier than the implants. No muscle trauma for a start and ive had full use of my upper body.
It was painful when i first woke up, but apart from that its been fine. Ive been a little bit groggy and tired the last couple of days, but thats probably because i think i overdid it for the first two days because i felt so well.

Really, the uplift part of its just been a breeze
The Following User Says Thank You to suzycreamcheese For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Diamondmami

diamondmami is on a distinguished road
thanks for posting this question, i was also curious =)
The Following User Says Thank You to diamondmami For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2011, 07:35 AM

hoodywho is on a distinguished road
Hi! I am officially 6 days post-op today, and had a full-anchor lift (incision under the crease, around the aereola and down to the crease with small implants. This has been my experience so far:

I've been blessed with a perky set of natural set of D's/DD's. All throughout my 20's and 30's, I was constantly asked if I had implants, who was my doctor, saline or silicone, etc. My friends were envious by what I had naturally. Well, this all came with a price. I didn't have children but as my 40's approached, the sagging began. About two years ago I started to do Crossfit and lost 30lbs. I went from a full D/DD to a deflated and saggy C. They sat low on my ribcage and from the profile, they just made me feel heavy because of their location. They bounced too much when I ran and just generally made me depressed when I looked at my otherwise toned body that I worked so hard to achieve.

Enter Dr. Chong! I have two friends who had procedures by her, and she spent nearly two hours with me in the consultation. Before even examining me, she spent a great deal of time educating me on the various types of lifts, the candidates for each, implants with a lift and all of those choices as well. I ended up choosing a full anchor lift (my nipples pointed too far downward to achieve a good result with anything else) and small implants under the muscle (275cc salines) to restore the fullness on the upper portion of my breasts. Since I had a fair amount of breast tissue to begin with and a large increase in size was not my goal, we decided this would give me the best result.

She told me most the of the pain I would feel would be from the implants themselves, and she is right. From weightlifting, I have a very strong pec muscle (I'm not a competitive weightlifter, but I do lift heavy) and this contributed to a decent amount of pain. (Now, remember I've never had children or any other kind of surgery or major injury so I have no frame of reference for pain.) The Vicodin and Valium wasn't enough so she prescribed Percoset and had me increase the Valium dosage by 50%. This helped to relax the pec muscle for more comfort.

Like I said, I'm 6 days post-op, and go back today for a check-up (I went the day after the surgery to check/change the dressing). I still have steri strips and a fair amount of brusing. My incisions don't really hurt, but on occasion, I do feel a little pull here and there. I can still shower, I stand with my back to the shower and pat them dry. I snip off any strips that have started to lift/curl, and re-tape where necessary.

Because of the size implant I chose, I am not a lot smaller, I am almost exactly the same, just a perkier version of myself. She removed some tissue during the lift/tightening process.

Obviously I'm still healing and there is more to my store left to unfold, but so for for me, the lift was not the most painful part.

Good luck and feel free to ask my any questions!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodywho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM

coby is on a distinguished road
Thanks for offering to take questions. Your before size sounds like mine and my doc suggested full lift with like 250 to 275cc to obtain the fullness. Any reason you went with saline? Also, did you have over or under the muscle? How long was the surgery? Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 PM

hoodywho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by coby View Post
Thanks for offering to take questions. Your before size sounds like mine and my doc suggested full lift with like 250 to 275cc to obtain the fullness. Any reason you went with saline? Also, did you have over or under the muscle? How long was the surgery? Thanks for sharing.
I chose saline for a few reasons: First, I was a little bit freaked out by silicone being in my body. I know women get them all the time and I'm told they are currently more popular, but if a silicone implant ruptures you may not know about it for a long time. I have a good friend who had a silicone rupture a few years back and the surgery to scrape it out wasn't pretty. Just this week, she had to have a biopsy and what they found was old silicone. Second, if saline ruptures, you know immediately and you basically just "pee" it away. Since I was going under the muscle and did have a good amount of breast tissue to work with, my PS felt I would have a good and equal result with either. Thirdly, my husband and I are selft employed (we sell insurance). One of the questions on an application for health insurance is whether or not you have silicone implants. (If you have group insurance through an employer, this is not an issue, but for us being a very small business, it is an issue.) This is reason enough for some companies to deny coverage. Going without health insurance is not a risk I'm willing to take. So for the safety factor and future insurability and everything else being equal, saline it was.

My surgery was booked for 5 hours but I think it took just a little bit less.

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. I am now officially one week post-op and feeling pretty good! Doing light housework, going to work, etc. I haven't driven yet, though. I have a sports car with tight suspension and it hurts a bit to turn the wheel. Hopefully in a few days I can drive. I'm cleared to start exercising by this weekend, starting with walking.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM

wow1234 is on a distinguished road
Then health insurance companies will not deny you if you have saline? I have heard of being denied but I thought it didnt matter what kind you had. Thats good to know!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire

Tundra is on a distinguished road
I had a lollipop lift on my lefty and although I am happy with how perky my boob turned out I want a revision in the future to go bigger, have a scar revision, and areola reduction.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 AM

newchangeoflife is on a distinguished road
I was scheduled for a breast lift/BA tomorrow, but because of the lump discovered, it got pushed off to 3/1 (lump turned out to be a fibroid, ie, benign).

I'm a 36F that hangs and sways in the wind, so I'm going for a lift plus a 300/325CC augmentation. I simply want perky. 12 more days! Methinks it will be a lollipop lift as well.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:24 AM

azalea11 is on a distinguished road
Donut Lift Only here!
hey girl! I had my donut lift about a month ago.
It was actually a breeze for me. I had mine done under Local anesthesia.
I went on 9 consults before I chose my Dr.

#1 Every other Dr. i saw wanted to do it under general anesthesia. I was uncomfortable about that because I never had any kind of surgery before. I didnt feel right undergoing general for the first time 'electively'. Having been through the experience, I am so glad I went with local.

#2 Every other Dr wanted to do a full anchor lift with the vertical scar. it turns out I didnt need to have all that scarring after all. The Donut lift did the job. I cant picture my results being any different except having more scarring - so do your research and see if you are a candidate for the donut.

#3 Every other Dr. I went to wanted to do implants and the lfit at the same time. The more i interviewed the Dr's and asked a gazillion questions, they agreed that the best way to do it is the lift first, let everything settle. And a few months later go back for the implants. This was the Dr. I wound up going withs theory from the beginning. Every PS agreed it was the toughest procedure to do at the same time...and there was alot of guess work involved. Some dr.'s were already planning my 'revision' (can you imagine?) Not saying alot of people dont have success with doing at the same time, Im just speaking my opinion and my experience talking to dr's.

#4 Pain - as far as pain goes...not bad at all...It feels like sunburn on your boobs. Just took it easy, didnt lift anything. I had my procedure done on a friday and was back at work on Tuesday, i took one day off.

#5 Results - Im happy with my results, but it all depends what look you are going for. The lift reduces your sagging only, it does absolutely nothing for upper pole fullness. If your nipples are pointing down, they will now be in alignment and give a more perkier look. Imagine the bottom of your boobs looking different, but the top staying the same. I think it also depends on how big you are to begin with. I used to be a D, with weight loss I was then a saggy B if that, so I didnt have much to work with. The more fuller you are, i think the more fuller/perkier look you will have in the end.

Hope this helps
Old 03-18-2011, 08:41 PM

EmeraldGreen is on a distinguished road
Great thread, thanks for posting it...Also I was wondering if you have set up an appointment yet?
Reply Subscribe