Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

How are you sure you need a lift?

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Woot!

MissAmberNicole is on a distinguished road
How are you sure you need a lift?

Ok so I am a 36C not full and I don't think I'm that saggy but I just wanted to know how I can tell whether or not i desperatly need a lift and can't just get by with implants?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to MissAmberNicole For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 AM

hotmama is on a distinguished road
i was droopy, not super saggy and wasn't sure either if i would need a lift or not if i wanted implants. when i went to my ps he noticed this and therefore suggested that i get overs. they would look better because i had the tissue to hide the implant and would sit right at the breast while providing a bit of a lift. he said that he wouldn't do a lift unless my breasts looked like empty socks sitting on my chest. i hope this helped you out a bit. if you try to get unders while being droopy, the implant is going to sit higher than your natural breasts and look ridiculous. you'll look like you have two sets of boobs on each side. Good luck!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 AM

karenb will become famous soon enough
My ps sais the American Board of Plastic Surgery recomends a lift if some of your aureola is at the bottom of your breast when you stand and look in the mirror (meaning there is no regular skin visible below it) anything higher then that can be fixed with the appropiate implant. Hope this helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karenb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM

JRABBIT is on a distinguished road
I had a lift as well as a BA. My PS said of your nipples are below the side crease of your boobies then he recommended a lift. If I didn't get a lift the chances of my nipples being low were high. I didn't want that to happen. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRABBIT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Woot!

Thanks all of that does help.

I looked in the mirror and while my breasts don't look like empty socks I don't have much skin cisible between my areola and crease?

So I don't know. i kind of hope I don't need a lift because that will be more money...

But I want great boobs so who knows.

I am going for a fake look of about a DD.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM

mz925 is on a distinguished road
I felt the same way, i didnt think I needed a lift as well friends and family agree with me. I went to several different doctors and they all said I needed a partial lift. I let my PS make the call on the LP lift he said he would not know if I needed it until he put the implants in. I got the LP lift and love them so far I m 2 weeks into it and the shape is amazing.

I know the thought of scars are scary but they do heal and go away.

Get a couple consults and do what makes you happy. If you are going that big i would get the lift.

Good luck.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Phenomom will become famous soon enough
A few things:

1. I agree w/ getting mulitple consults. I had 4, only 1 PS suggested a lift.
2. My PS chose HP 2 provide a non-surgical lift.
3. If U R a natural C it won't take many CCs 2 reach a DD. That said, U probably won't look fake.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
judy_rdh

Second and third opinions are a great idea. Nobody likes the thought of having a BL BUT.....it's better to have one if you need it. I should have had one with my first BA but the PS didn't emphasize the importance. My over saline implants stretched out my boobs even more over time. Two years later I have had the implants removed and a BL. I will have silicone implants placed in a couple months. My advice to you.....get other PS opinions! I could have saved myself alot of time and money I'll have some group pics posted soon if you're interested in seeing pre- first BA and post BL. Good luck!.................Judy

Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Woot!

Thanks that would be great!

I am going to two consults on the 18th. So I guess if both of them say i need one then I will go for it. Even though it's more money than I was expecting...

But it is better than needing it down the road I guess...

It's so sad, because I'm only 19. LOL I'm supposed to have great boobs!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:16 AM
judy_rdh

LOL....Ya know, I don't think my boobs were EVER as perky as they are now, since my BL. I'll let you know as soon as I get pics up and running.
Judy

Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Loulou

Loulou is on a distinguished road
Hi

I did not think I would need a lift but both consultations said that I did. I was worried about the scars. I had a benelli lift and BA my scars are just around my nipple. I am 2.5 weeks post op and have seen my ps today. He has told me that he is 100% confident that my scars will be invisible by 6 month post op. I love the shape he has given me and don.t regret having the lift done.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Do you have any kids? If you gained and lost weight that can cause you breast to sag a bit! trust me like the other girls my girls are amazing and I could not have had this shape without the BL...dont worry hun things will be fine and you will have amazing breast!!!!

xoxo
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Woot!

nO i'M ONLY 19 AND NO KIDS. iT'S PRETTY MUCH JUST FROM GAINING AND LOSING. tHEY AREN'T that SAGGY SO WE WILL HAVE TO SEE AT MY CONSULTS WHAT THEY SAY!

i WANT MINE TO LOOK LIKE YOURS!

Oops excuse the caps... I don't want to type it all over again. Stupid fingers.

I kinda hope I don't HAVE to get one because I already have enough saved for the BA and if I need a lift it will probably be a grand or so more.

How much was your BA and BL?

Thnaks girls!

I'm so excited to finally get this!

Right now I am a not full 36C and 160LBs and 5'5....

Hopeing to be a perky! D-F.

Yaya!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by MissAmberNicole View Post
nO i'M ONLY 19 AND NO KIDS. iT'S PRETTY MUCH JUST FROM GAINING AND LOSING. tHEY AREN'T that SAGGY SO WE WILL HAVE TO SEE AT MY CONSULTS WHAT THEY SAY!

i WANT MINE TO LOOK LIKE YOURS!

Oops excuse the caps... I don't want to type it all over again. Stupid fingers.

I kinda hope I don't HAVE to get one because I already have enough saved for the BA and if I need a lift it will probably be a grand or so more.

How much was your BA and BL?

Thnaks girls!

I'm so excited to finally get this!

Right now I am a not full 36C and 160LBs and 5'5....

Hopeing to be a perky! D-F.

Yaya!

I understand, as many on this board have said and I totally agree, if your PS says you need a lift then I would get it. So many options if you are scared of scares ect.

I am so happy with my results and could not have obtained the shape of my new "prides of joy" with out the BL.

Money was not a factor. Trust me I am not rich girl and work very hard for what I have but when it comes to my body I did my research and I did not even ask prices until it was time to pay.

I did pay $9350. for both. The BL will double the cost of the procedure....

I can send you pics of my before and after...
Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Woot!

Originally Posted by mz925 View Post
I understand, as many on this board have said and I totally agree, if your PS says you need a lift then I would get it. So many options if you are scared of scares ect.

I am so happy with my results and could not have obtained the shape of my new "prides of joy" with out the BL.

Money was not a factor. Trust me I am not rich girl and work very hard for what I have but when it comes to my body I did my research and I did not even ask prices until it was time to pay.

Thanks for the info...

Yeah I'd like to see the difference! PM if you want...
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 AM

MissOhio1986 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MissAmberNicole View Post

It's so sad, because I'm only 19. LOL I'm supposed to have great boobs!

lol..i NEVER had pretty boobs. not even as a kid watching them grow on my chest!!!!!

i damn sure do now!!! right now, in all the surgical tape and surgial bra, mine look cute and perky.. so just imagine once im healed.. and heck yeah, im providing lots of pics

i had to have a lift otherwise my cow udders would have been no more than inflated cow udders..... i just couldn't let that happen.

i think you'll make the best choice. im here for ya!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM

FemmePerfection is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mz925 View Post

My PS said that I needed a lift too. I was a little sad....but not at all surprised. My total cost including the lift will be $9323.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Woot!

Thanks for the info... Yeah I'm pretty prepared for a lift iif I need one and I want to have the best efect possible so if a lift will help that than so be it...

Thanks! I can't wait for my consults on Monday! I just want to hearwhat they have to say so I know whether I was thinking about the same thing or not?

Yay!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM

sweetiepie is on a distinguished road
What is the Non surgical lift??
Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 AM

pjsmama82406 is on a distinguished road
So I was SURE I needed a lift, in fact 2 out of 3 PS said I did too. Well, I didn't want the scars or the interference with future breastfeeding. But I also didn't want to have the snoopy look. I was borderline meaning my nip was at the level of my crease and I had A LOT of loose skin from BF my first born. Anyhow, I wanted a natural look and the PS I chose said I could have that without the lift and look great. Well, she was a genius b/c I am only 5 days post-op and haven't d/f yet and they look awesome. I am so glad I didn't get the lift, I love my results and think if I had the lift they would be too perky and fake looking. I know it is preference but if you haven't had kids yet you probably won't need one, but make sure you explain the results you are looking for, 'cause if you want a more perky high look you might need the lift. If you want a natural teardrop shape than just an implant might be enough. Remember also that a lift involves more scars, more pain, more chance of incision complications and possible loss of sensitivity as well as breast feeding complications. My mom had a lift and implants and she suffered from cc, incision separation and loss of sensitivity in addition to all the scarring. It doesn't always happen this way but you should think about it. This is just my opinion and you should meet with more than one PS to find out what they think.
Reply Subscribe