Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Pain level?

Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM

wow1234 is on a distinguished road
Pain level?

On a pain level 1 - 10 1 being the lowest how painful was your recovery after you had your breast lift/aug?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM

savvy1710 is on a distinguished road
right out of surgery that day i was a 10 for sure. by day 2 i'd say maybe an 8 but i kept on top of the meds, that is a must! no incision pain, it was all in my chest. now I hardly have any pain unless I lift something that's too heavy. soooo worth it!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 PM

MASSGIRL is on a distinguished road
I had a beneli lift with augmentation and my pain level was extremly low....

I would say a 1 or 2

Only took pain killers when I woke up from surgery (nurse insisted) but after that I just took the ibuprofen......
The Following User Says Thank You to MASSGIRL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM

marie47124 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my full anchor lift/augment last Thursday and I'd have to say Thursday and Friday were probably a 7, this weekend was about a 5, but as soon as I got my drains pulled yesterday, it went down to a 2-1. I'm not even taking any pain meds anymore. The worst part of it was the drains, as soon as they came out, I felt 100x better!! Good luck!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by marie47124 View Post
I had my full anchor lift/augment last Thursday and I'd have to say Thursday and Friday were probably a 7, this weekend was about a 5, but as soon as I got my drains pulled yesterday, it went down to a 2-1. I'm not even taking any pain meds anymore. The worst part of it was the drains, as soon as they came out, I felt 100x better!! Good luck!!!
Oh thats great to hear about the pain level, also glad you are feeling a lot better!
The Following User Says Thank You to wow1234 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 AM

froogie is on a distinguished road
I had a lollipop lift with BA. I got 450cc, mod+, silicone, round, smooth, unders and my pain level was and 8 or 9 the first 4 days. It started to subside after I switched from Tylenol 3 to extra strength Tylenol. I would say it was down to a 4 to 5 until day 8. I was able to no longer wear the strap, which helped tremendously with the pain. Then maybe a 1 in the mornings after that until day 13. Now it is just an occasional discomfort or soreness. Good luck!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to froogie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 PM

newchangeoflife is on a distinguished road
I was lucky - I was a 1 from waking up from recovery. Very glad for that I am!
The Following User Says Thank You to newchangeoflife For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 PM

Momof6 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I just had my lift/aug this morning, and my pain level was an 11 on vicodin fresh out of surgery. I'm now about an 7 on vicodin, but like the first poster said, it's my muscles, not the incision. My Dr. told me to get up and walk around, and honestly, I think that helped alot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Momof6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM

scneaux is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor under the muscle w/ areola reduction. I'm 5 days post op. My ps gave me a rib block ( numbing meds injected throughout the chest area) so that eased the pain a bit when I woke up, but by the next morning I can tell you it was BAD! 10 plus. PAIN MEDS WILL SAVE YOU! I couldn't take deep breaths at first, I absolutely HATED that, but expected it. Every inch of my chest hurts, I never realized how much i used my arms, reached for something, just opening bottle of pain meds! This forum has a lot of great tips for managing all that. I tried driving today (a lot of women do before 5 days) I HATED IT! it hurt to maneuver the steering wheel! My visible swelling has gone down, but I know I still have plenty of internal swelling. I also have spasms constantly that annoy me lol. I have not had a pain free night yet, waking up at least once needing pain med. Sleeping upright doesn't help either, ahhhhh what we do for beauty! I do want to say that THEY ARE WORTH IT ALL!!! HTH! Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to scneaux For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 PM

I am just worried that after my surgery I will be in such bad pain I wont be able to stand being in the car I live 2 hours away. Should I get a hotel room or do you think I will be okay?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 AM

I lived 2 hours away also. I did get a hotel and was glad I did, even the next day the ride back was rough. Bring lots of pillows, blanket, pack a cooler with gatoraide, snacks (&bendable straws) and don't forget SUNGLASSES! hope this helps!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by scneaux View Post
I had a full anchor under the muscle w/ areola reduction. I'm 5 days post op. My ps gave me a rib block ( numbing meds injected throughout the chest area) so that eased the pain a bit when I woke up, but by the next morning I can tell you it was BAD! 10 plus. PAIN MEDS WILL SAVE YOU! I couldn't take deep breaths at first, I absolutely HATED that, but expected it. Every inch of my chest hurts, I never realized how much i used my arms, reached for something, just opening bottle of pain meds! This forum has a lot of great tips for managing all that. I tried driving today (a lot of women do before 5 days) I HATED IT! it hurt to maneuver the steering wheel! My visible swelling has gone down, but I know I still have plenty of internal swelling. I also have spasms constantly that annoy me lol. I have not had a pain free night yet, waking up at least once needing pain med. Sleeping upright doesn't help either, ahhhhh what we do for beauty! I do want to say that THEY ARE WORTH IT ALL!!! HTH! Good Luck!

This is a pretty good description of my experience! The only difference is I had a benelli instead of the anchor lift. The positive thing is just like childbirth, you do forget
When I went to my PS two days after surgery I asked him why he did not tell me it would hurt so much. His answer was because you probably would not have done it. He probably was right! Once he removed my bandages that day my pain was relieved greatly. He had things wrapped so tight I could barely breathe! But still I think the pain level remained around a 5 or 6 for a few more days.
That was my experience. Some women just need ibuprofen. I guess there is just no way of telling how your body is going to react.
Good Luck with your BA. Whatever happens it will be worth it. And you will forget the pain!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by wow1234 View Post
I am just worried that after my surgery I will be in such bad pain I wont be able to stand being in the car I live 2 hours away. Should I get a hotel room or do you think I will be okay?

If it were me I would go for it and get home! There is no place like the comfort of home. You have everything you need and want there. Two hours is not that long and you will still be sleepy from the anesthesia. Plus if he gives you a chest block like many PS do your pain level will be less right after surgery. I think traveling the day after surgery might be worse.
You could always ask your PS his opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iris For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM

I lived 2 hours away also. I did get a hotel and was glad I did, even the next day the ride back was rough. Bring lots of pillows, blanket, pack a cooler with gatoraide, snacks (&bendable straws) and don't forget SUNGLASSES! hope this helps!!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM

MissLakeTime is on a distinguished road
Pain Level...

One thing I thought to mention after reading the other posts is ICE PACKS!!! If it's ok with your PS make sure you have ICE PACKS! I started out with 4 and I think I have 8 now so I had plenty to change out and maybe a dish towel or something to put over them and maybe some sort of heating pad type thing for your back, since you'll be in the car maybe one of those sticky pad things that produce heat for your back. My chest felt very heavy and my back ached. Keep on top of your pain meds! Also, agree with bendy straws, pillows, etc. Make sure your pain med lids are off or put them in ziplocs or something because you will not be able to take the tops off. I had to wake my husband one night because I accidently put a lid on and I coculdn't get it back off.. oops!! Also, wear stretchy pants because it is very difficult to pull your pants down and up to go potty for the first couple days. Also, remember pain meds can cause constipation so have some correctol or something on hand!

GOOD LUCK!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MissLakeTime For This Useful Post: