Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Nipple after periareolar/doughnut lift?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 PM

locamia79 is on a distinguished road
Nipple after periareolar/doughnut lift?

The last PS I saw recommended periareolar lift with implants. I have stage 2 ptosis. I was glad because I wouldn't mind avoiding that extra scar you get with a lollipop but has anyone ever had problems with nipple after periareolar- stretching or elongating the areola? puckering around the areola?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 PM

lovelivelaugh is on a distinguished road
I am still in the healing process but definitely will let you know. I have heard of others getting this procedure done with the sutures that dissolve within weeks and their areola eventually stretched out. Not sure how much bigger. Run it by your PS and ask him what is the best suture option in your case. Tell him your fears and he should able to go over what his experience has been and what he recommends is best.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Yep, that happened to me. I had my lift done in January and my areolas have stretched a fair bit. Like lovelivelaugh said, talk openly with your PS about your concerns. My stitches were dissoluble, not permanent, which is why I think it happened. Don't let this fear stop you from getting the procedure though. My breast shape is soooooo much better than pre-op, and I will take these stretched areolas over saggy boobs any day. That being said, I have an appointment to see my PS in April to discuss a revision on the areola, but that is a minor procedure, so I really don't mind. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have an Q's
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM

Ugh was afraid of this. Asked PS and he said 'they shouldnt stretch' but got the feeling he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. I want the truth- good or bad! Anyone think about asking if they can do a nipple reduction right off the bat? I would be less than thrilled if I had to go back under the knife to reduce the size plus mine are big enough as is..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 AM

lalav is on a distinguished road
I just had the donut lift w augmentation this morning . I haven't seen it yet but my stitches do dissolve and I discussed the size of my aureolas w my ps . Told him I wanted them smaller . So hope I got what I wanted :-) will see tomorrow and will be posting pre op and post op pics as soon as I can .
Old 03-12-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by lalav View Post
I just had the donut lift w augmentation this morning . I haven't seen it yet but my stitches do dissolve and I discussed the size of my aureolas w my ps . Told him I wanted them smaller . So hope I got what I wanted :-) will see tomorrow and will be posting pre op and post op pics as soon as I can .
Congrats on new girls! Please keep me posted on what PS did to them and how they turned out!
The Following User Says Thank You to locamia79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Silvernickel777 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by locamia79 View Post
Congrats on new girls! Please keep me posted on what PS did to them and how they turned out!
Ditto that.

I'm thinking this is the route for my second BA. Happy healing!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
I had a periareolar lift 2 1/2 years ago. I also had an areolar reduction at the same time. My areolas were always on the larger side and it is common for areolas to stretch with any BA, not just with an areolar incision.

Everything looks great now, I really have no complaints. The scars are barely visible. You really have to look closely and know what you are looking for you see them.

If you are truly concerned ask your PS about an areola reduction as well. He is already cutting all the way around it so removing a small amount of it is not such a big deal.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:04 AM

klady is on a distinguished road
I was lucky and didn't have any puckering. I also had my areola size reduced. My areolas looked like they had sunbeams coming out of them for a few days but that has almost gone away ( 17 days post op today).

Good luck!