Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Overs or Unders - Would like your opinions please

Old 03-12-2011, 08:01 AM

coby is on a distinguished road
Overs or Unders - Would like your opinions please

Hi everyone, need some advice on this. My doctor said I could go either way and actually recommends overs for me. He said I have plenty of tissue or something like that. I have read that many people like to have "under the muscle". I am not sure what way to go.

I am having a FTT, Lift w/ Aug and an under eye tuck (not sure what the proper name is) and I am thinking that overs may be ok and easier to manage with the other surgeries.

Your input and/or experiences are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 AM

xboobs is on a distinguished road
most doctors prefer going under the muscle due to smaller risk of any complication(cc, bottoming out, rippling).
my PS also said i could go with overs, since i had enough tissue to begin with. i let her choose what was best during surgery and now i have unders.
yes, recovery wasn't easy, but it was worth it. i can't feel my implant at all, they have a natural shape, and i have no visible rippling(so far).
The Following User Says Thank You to xboobs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Rebe is on a distinguished road
I probly wont be to much of a help but im 2 weeks po and i have mine under the muscle with aeriola incision and i love them. day 3 was the worst for me. the soreness is just now starting to go away and my ps said i dont have very much swelling left to loose so im hoping they will continue to still sit high after the d&f.. good luck on your new additions!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 AM
♥ All paid for All mine ♥

Black Panther will become famous soon enough
i have overs and love them, they looked great right out of surgery, recovery was a breeze and i have had no complications, i can slightly feel one implant on my right side since i have lost about 10 pounds po but it doesn't bother me, if i had to do it over again i would still choose overs.. i think it's a personnal choice, both placements have pros and cons, go with your gut!
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Panther For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM

risa will become famous soon enough
Hi, Coby.
I have not had my surgery yet- scheduled for September.
I have talked to several PS in my area. For me they all said the same thing: Unders! Mainly because I am very athletic anone of my issues is sag so in order to try to alleviate that in the future it is best for me they are placed under the muscle. The muscle will 'help' to keep it in place.
Keep in mind, when choosing the size implant, if you go under, you lose about 50 cc's so go larger in your implant choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to risa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:03 PM

hoodywho is on a distinguished road
I had unders with a full anchor lift. Since I had ample breast tissue to start with, my PS told me the same thing: I could go either way. But, she preferred unders for me since I wanted a bit of a more subtle look. My pec muscle didn't loosen up until about week 3. I'm not just a couple of days past my one month mark, and I feel nothing at all, just a little bit of incision discomfort here and there.
The Following User Says Thank You to hoodywho For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 PM

mydesire is on a distinguished road
I would like overs next time when I go bigger, but Im a little scared bout mammogram readings with overs.
The Following User Says Thank You to mydesire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:25 PM

pumpkingrower is on a distinguished road
If you are worried about future sag issues, go with unders. That was my big issue. My PS and I were trying to minimize the need for another lift. I have ample breast tissue going in and will say that the breast tissue really helps the look of the lift. I ended up with lots of side boob which I love!
Best wishes!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpkingrower For This Useful Post: