Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree19Likes

Lift vs. No Lift

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM

MissMyTatas is on a distinguished road
Lift vs. No Lift

hi guys,

so i'm in need of a little help here. i'm scheduled for surgery on April 14th (can't wait!) for a breast augmentation. However, all 3 PS consulatations i went on recommended a lift and breast augmentation. the 3rd consultation i went on (which happens to be the PS i chose), gave me the option of not having a lift. she says i am within 'that grey area' and either decision is a good one.

after thinking about it for a couple of months and going back to her for a second consult, i decided to only do the breast augmentation. i really want that natural look and my main goal is to get back that fullness and volume i lost. i used to be a 32D, but after breastfeeding 3 kids, i deflated to a 32A. needless to say, by boobs look like empty tube socks.

but again, i really like the natural look and want to achieve fullness. what do you guys think? my other thought is that i can always go back later and do a lift if i am not happy with the results - a few years down the road - not immediately.

has anyone been in the same situation as me??

looking forward to hearing from you!

Peachette likes this.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Crystal469 is on a distinguished road
Just wondering what the 3rd PS said...one said yes you need it...the other said you didnt...what did the last one say? If the 3rd one said yes than I would do it since it was 2 out of 3. If you dont do it you can always go back but you have to think that you will have to pay all over again for anesthesia/OR room...I dont like the "grey area"...it sould be cut and dry...once you put in the implant is it gonna be sitting high and your nipple pointing at the ground?...IDK hun...I had no choice...my PS said he would not give me implants without a lift...let us know what you decide...Good Luck!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal469 View Post
Just wondering what the 3rd PS said...one said yes you need it...the other said you didnt...what did the last one say? If the 3rd one said yes than I would do it since it was 2 out of 3. If you dont do it you can always go back but you have to think that you will have to pay all over again for anesthesia/OR room...I dont like the "grey area"...it sould be cut and dry...once you put in the implant is it gonna be sitting high and your nipple pointing at the ground?...IDK hun...I had no choice...my PS said he would not give me implants without a lift...let us know what you decide...Good Luck!!!
hey there,

so all 3 PS, including the one i chose, recommended a lift. however, she was the only one that gave me the option of not having one done since i am in the "grey area". she showed me a few pics of patients who look extremely close to what i look like now, who opted for no lift. the outcome was nice and natural. obviously, not so high-up and perky, but definitely full and nice.

so thats where i am torn. i know i could benefit from the lift, but will i be completely happy without it? decisions, decisions... =)

thanks for your insights though. i really appreciate it.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:47 PM

marie47124 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to have a lift, there was no getting around it at all. I had stage 3 ptosis. The way my surgeon explained it to me is, if you have ptosis, any grade, and you put an implant in it's only going to get worse. It may look good initially, but gravity and the added weight of the implant is only going to make you sag even more. I would really consider the lift if I was you, just because I wouldn't want to have to go back under the knife to fix something in a year or so, that could've been done now. Just my two cents

wico6768 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to marie47124 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by marie47124 View Post
I had to have a lift, there was no getting around it at all. I had stage 3 ptosis. The way my surgeon explained it to me is, if you have ptosis, any grade, and you put an implant in it's only going to get worse. It may look good initially, but gravity and the added weight of the implant is only going to make you sag even more. I would really consider the lift if I was you, just because I wouldn't want to have to go back under the knife to fix something in a year or so, that could've been done now. Just my two cents
thank you marie. luickily, i still have time to change my surgery details. i'll keep you guys posted on my decision process from here to 4.14. =)
Old 03-13-2011, 05:45 AM

goldie is on a distinguished road
Same here, my first 3 consults said I definitely needed a lift. I did some research and I too was in that gray area, my last and final consult said it was an option, and it was cheaper if I did everything at one time. But it was my decision, I just wouldn't look "perky". I could always wait to see the outcome and have it later if I wanted. I ended up not getting a lift, my age and the fact that I'm long waisted (length of trunk area of your body) was my deciding factor, I didn't want to look "perky", just natural. I'm happy with my decision, pics are posted, and if I need a lift later on I'll go for it!

lollypop123, Peachette and gryphon like this.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:55 AM

froogie is on a distinguished road
I would definitely go with the lift, especially if it is done at the same time and will normally cost a bit less to do both at once. I was told I needed it (my first time around for a consult back in 2005), and decided I wasn't up for it yet. I never had kids, never lost/gained a lot of weight, and was only 26 at the time. So this time around I was told I needed a lift again if I wanted implants. It would only make things worse with putting a heavy implant in there. My PS told me the recovery is the same. I got a lollipop lift and aerola incision for my implants, and no crease scar! I love my results. They are perkier and I love it!

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

wico6768 and smile-rdh like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to froogie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 06:09 AM

elizabeth2582 is on a distinguished road
My ps said that I am "borderline" for needing a lift. My nipples are at or slightly above my crease(when you become a member send me a friend request to see my pics). He said that we could get a nice result using overs. I go for surgery tomorrow! So I will update on how they turned out!

Caviemom85 likes this.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 AM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
That borderline thing is a tough one. The fact that really all three PS suggested a lift but the 3rd one said you could also go without says to me you would probably do better with the lift. Some PS will compensate with a bigger implant to fill up the breast instead of tightening and pulling up the breast tissue with a lift. Sometimes that can lead to "a rock on a sock" look.
If you are truly borderline you probably only need a benelli. I had one and I am very happy with it. It is not very invasive and the scars heal beautifully.
Good Luck making your decision!

wico6768 and Laineymae like this.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by elizabeth2582 View Post
My ps said that I am "borderline" for needing a lift. My nipples are at or slightly above my crease(when you become a member send me a friend request to see my pics). He said that we could get a nice result using overs. I go for surgery tomorrow! So I will update on how they turned out!
my nipples are exactly the same as yours, so it makes it even harder to decide. good luck tomorrow, elizabeth! keep us posted on your progress.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Iris View Post
That borderline thing is a tough one. The fact that really all three PS suggested a lift but the 3rd one said you could also go without says to me you would probably do better with the lift. Some PS will compensate with a bigger implant to fill up the breast instead of tightening and pulling up the breast tissue with a lift. Sometimes that can lead to "a rock on a sock" look.
If you are truly borderline you probably only need a benelli. I had one and I am very happy with it. It is not very invasive and the scars heal beautifully.
Good Luck making your decision!
thanks iris. is the benelli the same as a donut lift? need to look into that. all 3PS only spoke to me about the anchor lift without the scar on the crease - so basically the lollipop.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by froogie View Post
I would definitely go with the lift, especially if it is done at the same time and will normally cost a bit less to do both at once. I was told I needed it (my first time around for a consult back in 2005), and decided I wasn't up for it yet. I never had kids, never lost/gained a lot of weight, and was only 26 at the time. So this time around I was told I needed a lift again if I wanted implants. It would only make things worse with putting a heavy implant in there. My PS told me the recovery is the same. I got a lollipop lift and aerola incision for my implants, and no crease scar! I love my results. They are perkier and I love it!

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!
thanks froogie!! i'll keep you posted on my decision. =)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by goldie View Post
Same here, my first 3 consults said I definitely needed a lift. I did some research and I too was in that gray area, my last and final consult said it was an option, and it was cheaper if I did everything at one time. But it was my decision, I just wouldn't look "perky". I could always wait to see the outcome and have it later if I wanted. I ended up not getting a lift, my age and the fact that I'm long waisted (length of trunk area of your body) was my deciding factor, I didn't want to look "perky", just natural. I'm happy with my decision, pics are posted, and if I need a lift later on I'll go for it!
thanks goldie. looks like we have the same mentality, but its still a hard decision. i want to make sure i am 100% happy and content. i wish i could see what i would like with each option...lol. don't we all wish that was possible??

i'll send you a FR for your pics. hopefully i become a member soon. =)
Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by MissMyTatas View Post
thanks iris. is the benelli the same as a donut lift? need to look into that. all 3PS only spoke to me about the anchor lift without the scar on the crease - so basically the lollipop.

Yes, a benelli is the same as a donut lift. I do have pics. Feel free to FR when you become a member. Be sure to message me so I know who you are.
Iris
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 AM

newchangeoflife is on a distinguished road
Yes to the lift

I had a lift/breast augmentation on 3/1, and am very glad - prior to that I had 36Fs that hung and swayed in the wind, now (day 13) they're looking fantastic! I've been uploading daily pix of my recovery.

I had 325 CCs.

cremdelacrem01 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newchangeoflife For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM

gryphon is on a distinguished road
Smile No Lift pictures?

I have little doubt when i go for consult that the ps will recommend a lift but I'm not willing to give up nipple sensation or even risk the loss. I was hoping to see before and after pics from people that did not get lift but did get augmentation. Also for people that dont get lift whats the best aug procedure? Thank you
Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 PM

BreastDressed is on a distinguished road
Hi Gryphon!

First off, welcome to JBI!

I just had a full anchor lift and BA about two weeks ago. I shared the same concerns as you, not wanting to lose nipple sensation or the ability to breast feed. I actually went in wanting a lift and found out in my consult that I would need and implant because I had so little tissue to work with (lots of saggy skin). My nipple was actually moved about 4 inches, so I was very skeptical that I would retain nipple sensation, also when combining such a drastic lift with an implant the chances that you might lose sensitivity are even higher.

I am happy to report that I have full nipple sensitivity, and at only 2 weeks in! I actually had sensitivity from about day 5 or so. Keep in mind that many women, even with just a BA, lose sensitivity for months before it returns. The risk for losing nipple sensitivity is there whether you are just having a BA or if you're having a BA/BL. It is true though that the more complex your surgery the more risk factors there are.

I have photos posted but you won't be able to see them until you become a member. If you remain active and keep posting and fill our your profile, you should be a member in no time at all.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my results, and I attribute that mostly to my excellent surgeon and his skilled artistry in surgery. For a BL/BA you really want to find the most amazing surgeon you can, because the more skilled he is the better you will look and the better the chances are that you can avoid complications.

gryphon and whitme like this.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
If all 3 recommended a lift then I would go with the lift. If you aren't happy with the results and have to go back that's a second lot of surgeons fee, anestesia, operating room, etc plus having another surgery recovery time etc
Old 08-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Tatasagogo is on a distinguished road
I would agree, if all 3 recommended lift, I would have to say that I would go with that. 12 years ago I was in the grey area and got 450 overs. I was never natural. It did lift them a bit. I was never completely happy. I so wish I had gone under and a small lift. I also got pregnant afterwards and breastfed. Oh Lordy. Talk about unattractive. Anyway, that's my thoughts. Good luck!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 PM

lhelms is on a distinguished road
I think if all 3 of the PS you saw recommended the lift than I would probably do it. I don't think it adds that much to the cost or recovery and you will most likely need it later anyway.
Reply Subscribe