Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree19Likes

Lift vs. No Lift

Reply Subscribe
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM

littlemissmomma is on a distinguished road
I was on the fence too- my PS said I could get just the implants and it might give me the lift I need/look I wanted- but on the off chance it didn't I did not want to have to go through another surgery/recovery however far down the road. I opted to do both at once to ensure that I get what I want.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM

NewerMe2012 is on a distinguished road
Go with the lift.... I had a BL&BA and my breasts look soooo much better! I have seen girls who needed lifts and didn't get them but went ahead with the implants..... and it looks weird. Their nipples are lower or the breasts seem to hang further down than they should.... I say if you are under, get everything done at once.

I'm three weeks post op for my BL&BA.. It's a long recovery for me. I won't lie. I am pretty much in constant discomfort. Not pain necessarily, but discomfort. Lots of burning sensations and my skin seems hypersensitive to the lightest of touches.... but I can squeeze them gently and it not hurt. It's weird....

Good luck and keep us posted. Feel free to FR me when you become a Member.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 AM

gardner is on a distinguished road
I was border line a lift thought we might have got away with just Implants.Now 12mths after implants I'm booked in for a lift 5thsep I'm just wondering if u lose any size or fullness with a lift I'm a 12 DD now
I say go the both
Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Psyche. is on a distinguished road
I'd say definitely go with the lift and implants. I had the same issue when I first started my consultations and well both ps said they recommended implants and a lift. I have not yet had my surgery but I think I made the right choice. *Fingers crossed*.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Butterfly Jak is on a distinguished road
From what I've read if you are borderline your best getting them both done at the same time. I was put off when the first surgeon I saw said I would need a lift too, but so many people who only got implants then few years later ended up going through a second surgery for an uplift. The weight of the implants can obviously make them sag more over time and it's more sensible to just go through one surgery instead of two.
I have decided to go ahead and am booked in for 3rd September for both although not decided on size yet, nothing huge, just natural looking and perky
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

apa1128 is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat. My PS asked me what was my ultimate goal, and I told him to replace what I lost. He said if that's the case then he's confident I'll be fine with just the BA. With his technique he stitches the pocket so that it gives you a small internal lift, and he thinks I'll be fine. He said it would be at least 5 years (if at all) that I may want to come back for the BL. He also gave me an estimate for the benelli, but it's just cost prohibitive for me right now. I feel good a out my decision because I'm not going to big, and I don't want 18 year old boobs on my 38 year old body!
Send me a FR if you want to see my before's......

gryphon and jinxy75 like this.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM

alblac2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MissMyTatas View Post
hi guys,

so i'm in need of a little help here. i'm scheduled for surgery on April 14th (can't wait!) for a breast augmentation. However, all 3 PS consulatations i went on recommended a lift and breast augmentation. the 3rd consultation i went on (which happens to be the PS i chose), gave me the option of not having a lift. she says i am within 'that grey area' and either decision is a good one.

after thinking about it for a couple of months and going back to her for a second consult, i decided to only do the breast augmentation. i really want that natural look and my main goal is to get back that fullness and volume i lost. i used to be a 32D, but after breastfeeding 3 kids, i deflated to a 32A. needless to say, by boobs look like empty tube socks.

but again, i really like the natural look and want to achieve fullness. what do you guys think? my other thought is that i can always go back later and do a lift if i am not happy with the results - a few years down the road - not immediately.

has anyone been in the same situation as me??

looking forward to hearing from you!
My PS mentioned lift at consult, he also said I was borderline. I told him to tell me what he reccommended. He said that he thought I could get the look I wanted with just BA and if I needed a lift later on I could get it then. He said at this point the risk of the scarring outweighs the risk of not getting a BL. He suggested that I just do implants for right now which I am happy about b/c I really don't want to have to get a lift right now.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM

cantwaittosee is on a distinguished road
I went to three different PSs before choosing one, and all three recommended a lift, but all three also said I was borderline. I ended up not getting the lift (I'm ok with my nipples not being up so high, as long as they're not too low). I'm only 4 days out, so I can't give the best advice, but I know I hated them the first day and totally regretted my decision. Four days out, though, I'm feeling much better about my decision and think it'll end up just fine. I'll have to post again in a few weeks and let you know how it's going.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 AM

cantwaittosee is on a distinguished road
Oh, and my PS told me that the majority of women that don't get the lift in my situation end up happy with their decision to forgo it. He said the lift basically takes you from a "third base" result to a "home run" result and give you the extra wow factor. The fact that he said most women like it fine without it pushed me over the edge.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Lara Croft

MadisonM will become famous soon enough
How did I miss this post originally? I have pics in my albums of my first BA when I was on the fence for needing a lift but followed my original PS's advice and didn't get one. They looked fine for a few months, then bottomed out. I ended up getting a revision just over a year later with a full lift, internal bra and got larger implants as well, with a new PS. (Wish I'd found him to begin with).

So from my personal experience, if on a fence for a lift... Get one.

whitme likes this.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Bolle is on a distinguished road
I had a similar situation. If you just do augmentation you are going to need a lot of volume to fill up the "socks". I am a 32b on a good day and was 34DD when nursing meaning I got some extra skin. I was told to be able to fill the extra skin I need at least 300-400cc and I would be a 32D.
I am 115 pounds, 5'7 and small framed. So when I was nursing, my boobs entered the room before me. I exercise a lot and did not like the extra weight. I was told I need an anchor lift to get perky breasts and smaller areola and was recommended 240cc to 250cc to be a small C, full B.
It all depends on what you want, if you go with augmentation only, you would need to get bigger implants, the likelihood of sagging down the road is higher and your areola might get bigger after implant.
A lift will give you more scarring, longer recovery, probably more pain but more customized for your body and what you want.
I wish I could just have an augmentatiom but after 3 kids which were all breastfed for 12 month+, an augmentation is not realistic for my body and for what I am looking for.

BraveNewGirl likes this.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 AM

BraveNewGirl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
Same here, my first 3 consults said I definitely needed a lift. I did some research and I too was in that gray area, my last and final consult said it was an option, and it was cheaper if I did everything at one time. But it was my decision, I just wouldn't look "perky". I could always wait to see the outcome and have it later if I wanted. I ended up not getting a lift, my age and the fact that I'm long waisted (length of trunk area of your body) was my deciding factor, I didn't want to look "perky", just natural. I'm happy with my decision, pics are posted, and if I need a lift later on I'll go for it!
Hiya goldie, I was also told to get a lift but went without one. I am interested to see how you have held up, so to speak. I tried to look at pics on your page but didnt see any. Do I need to FR in order to view them? thank you
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by MadisonM View Post
How did I miss this post originally? I have pics in my albums of my first BA when I was on the fence for needing a lift but followed my original PS's advice and didn't get one. They looked fine for a few months, then bottomed out. I ended up getting a revision just over a year later with a full lift, internal bra and got larger implants as well, with a new PS. (Wish I'd found him to begin with).

So from my personal experience, if on a fence for a lift... Get one.
OH MY GOSH! I was in your same position, on the fence about lift. I too decided not to get one but am starting to feel like I may be bottoming out almost 6 months PO. I hadn't heard of that being an issue in this situation. Is it common for those on the fence who dont go with a lift to bottom out?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 AM

Hey ladies. I was in this same boat wondering wether or not to go with a lift. I just created a social group for gals who are contemplating lifting or BA alone. I know that your input would be very helpful to many other women out there who are going through the same thing. Please join the group and share your experience. Thank you

dimontee and gryphon like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BraveNewGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Mommiesn is on a distinguished road
I would tell you to go ahead and do the lift now...get it done at once because changes are you will wind up doing it later anyway. I am about a week out from my 1st lift and 3rd BA. I was freaking out about having scars but I can say it is looking good already. I had a donut lift and also have unders. I hope that helps.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:34 AM
2 PAs said I'm border-line needing a lift

strawberryshort is on a distinguished road
I am in the same boat. 2 PSs said I was borderline needing a lift. I have 9 cm between my crease and areola and she said she likes to see 6-7 cm. I am scared of the pain of the lollipop lift. Also, it makes the surgery a lot more expensive. I am a saggy 32c/d now, but when BF'ing was a full 34DD and liked it. I don't want to bottomout if I don't have the lift though. Not sure what to do. I have a third consult 10/9/12 though so i"ll see what he says.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Diva01

Diva01 is on a distinguished road
Same situation here. I was borderline lift and opted not to get one. My nipples are a little low and I have s bit of upper pole fullness rather than lower fullness but I'm okay with that for now. I'm only 5 months post so not sure how they'll hold up.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM

gryphon is on a distinguished road
how do I join your social group?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM

PeachesC is on a distinguished road
We have similar measurements but I am considering no lift. Wondering if you had before and after photos. I can't decide. Thanks I think I need one but dr says I dont
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM

Miriya is on a distinguished road
I'd go with the Dr. advice... Maybe get a second opinion. *M

Originally Posted by PeachesC View Post
We have similar measurements but I am considering no lift. Wondering if you had before and after photos. I can't decide. Thanks I think I need one but dr says I dont
Reply Subscribe