Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Anchor Lift/Implants with Twilight Anestesia??

Old 03-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Still sittin' high, cant wait for these babies to drop!

#1Mamma is on a distinguished road
Anchor Lift/Implants with Twilight Anestesia??

Need some opinions ladies...I am getting a full anchor lift with implants (unders, about 325cc's) and my PS said because im so small that we could use the twilight sedation instead of general anestesia. Im just hesitant because they also said that they do most lifts with general instead. Have any of you gotten a lift/implants with the Twilight instead? If so, how was it? I know they give you an IV but im not completely sure of the entire process! Any advice will help Thank you!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 PM

risa will become famous soon enough
Not sure about the twilight anesthesia. One of my friends is a DR (not a PS) and he says mainly the twilight is used by a DR like a dentist. For surgery such as a lift and augmentation, he said as far as he knows general is always used.
I am looking into getting a (slight) anchor lift with Silicone unders, HP, 300 cc's in September.
The Following User Says Thank You to risa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Ohhh, good to know...I was just considering it becuase it would save me $700! But i definatly dont want to put my comfort at risk! I also figured that he would not suggest it if it werent ok! But thats why im asking advice from others. Thanks for the imput though
Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

What size are you now, if you dont mind me asking? I just noticed we have about the same stats and desires for surgery
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 AM

risa will become famous soon enough
Good morning! Right now I am 5'4", 120 lbs, 41 years old. I am a SAGGY 34C from breast feeding my one son. I have put off surgery for years- mainly bec of the fear I have for going under. But this year I have actually met with a handful of PS's and have decided it is now or never.
I do not want to be larger than a C cup- I am too athletic and I don't want them in my way, Lol. But I don't want smaller than the bra size I wear now.
The Following User Says Thank You to risa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 AM

MommyMeggo is on a distinguished road
I had a lift and implants with Twlight. I was totally out of it but never fully asleep or unconscious. Didnt feel a thing or have a care in the world...I was scared of general so I didnt mind. And I LOVE my boobies.
no sickness and quick recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommyMeggo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by MommyMeggo View Post
I had a lift and implants with Twlight. I was totally out of it but never fully asleep or unconscious. Didnt feel a thing or have a care in the world...I was scared of general so I didnt mind. And I LOVE my boobies.
no sickness and quick recovery.
Hello MommyMeggo Thanks for the info! That is a little reassuring, I think im going to call my PS and let them know that I want to go with the twillight Which lift did you get, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by risa View Post
Good morning! Right now I am 5'4", 120 lbs, 41 years old. I am a SAGGY 34C from breast feeding my one son. I have put off surgery for years- mainly bec of the fear I have for going under. But this year I have actually met with a handful of PS's and have decided it is now or never.
I do not want to be larger than a C cup- I am too athletic and I don't want them in my way, Lol. But I don't want smaller than the bra size I wear now.
Yes, I feel the same way. I want to be no smaller than what I am now, but would like to be a full D, Just because i have been on the bigger side all my life ( my mother is a natural G!) so i think if I stick with the C ill be dissapointed...When is your surgery date, or do you have one set yet?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:45 PM

So I talked to my PS today and decided to go with the twilight. he said it would be perfect for me because im so small, that it should have no problem working correctly on me whoot whoot. $700 in my pocket Cant argue with that! Thank for the imput
Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM

scneaux is on a distinguished road
I personally would not go with 'twilight' for such a major procedure. Just my opinion, I'd research a bit. I've had twilight and gen for different procedures you are never unconscious for twilight u just don't remember. I also had halicunatuons on it. I know everyone is different, just puttining in my 2 cents. HTH & good luck!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 PM

SaggyNoMore is on a distinguished road
Ive had twilight a few times and love it but I would not want that while someone was actually cutting my nipple off, kwim? It's one thing for a scope but another thing for nipple removal. No way, for me! But, if you think you can handle it....enjoy that extra money.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 PM

uh-oh, now you ladies have me worried! Well my pre-op is thrusday, ill get into detail with them then and then make my final decision! So with twilight, are you unable to move or just extremely out of it and drugged up? If you can still move around, how do they keep you still??
Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Runninginheels View Post
The thing to remember with twillight (or general. Or anything involving surgery) is that everyone's body reacts differently. Period. Some say general was horrible and they were sick for days after having it, some wake up instantly and feel fine after it (like myself the few times I've used it, though I haven't had my surgery yet). Alternatively, some say they had a horrible experience with twilllight and could feel/see everything, etc etc....and some think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I would really talk to your doctor, do a bit of research (though do it with a critical eye....you see a lot of horror stories on the internet and it's easy to freak yourself out unnecessarily), and go with your gut. Your doctor has presumably been doing this a long time and there's a reason why he's given you this option.

(Btw, I noticed you're a newbie, so I'm not sure you know this, but in order to achieve a certain cup size appearance, you really have to go up one size. I.E. a D looks like a C....I would strongly suggest you take in pictures of what you want, visually (not just in size but in shape and placement), because a "c" means a lot of things to a lot of people)

Good luck!
That is how my DH and myself have been perceiving it. We trust this Dr. and he has over 30 years experience and I dont think he would suggest something if it wernt suitable for me. And I did bring in a photo with my consult but she was wearing a bra, so for my pre-op im going to bring a photo that is bare skinned Thanks for the words of wisdome, its muchly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to #1Mamma For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 AM

GermanBabe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MommyMeggo View Post
I had a lift and implants with Twlight. I was totally out of it but never fully asleep or unconscious. Didnt feel a thing or have a care in the world
Same here! I was completely out and don't remember anything!
The Following User Says Thank You to GermanBabe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Hmmmm not sure about this but I'm sure your PS knows best. For my full lift I was def under general anesthesia-it took him over 3 hours to do my boobies. It was AWFUL trying to wake up & I had to be rolled out in a wheelchair. Don't remember the drive home & not much of the first day or night. Very foggy. With my re-do (just switching out implants) I was under twilight. I popped right awake, walked out to the car, chatted with my mom otw home, and remember everything. Much easier than with general.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Thanks for all the imput!

Yes, I decided to go with the twilight! Hoping for the best, and im not too worried about it now, im just trying to trust my PS! And im defiantly looking forward to not being so groggy and out of it afterwards either! I was joking with my DH and said that it would be nice ( if i was conscious) if he could just prop me up while in the operating room and show me all the different sizers lol! But i have a feeling that thats not an option