Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Still bleeding :(

Old 03-19-2011, 06:23 AM

Glitzyglam_girl is on a distinguished road
Still bleeding :(

I just got a benelli lift yesterday and have for the most part been taking it pretty easy. Are my incisions supposed to be bleeding on and off like this still now that it is the day after my surgery too?
The bleeding is minimal but still shows through on my surgical bra. I'm worried that they aren't healing or that this is delaying my incisions from healing
Please anyone let me know if this is normal!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:07 PM

NanaT is on a distinguished road
This is completely normal. I have previously had 2 crescent lifts, and i had a little spotting, light bleeding for several day. Last Tuesday I had a full anchor lift and I am still spotting a little today, so this is what.. day 4 PO. My doc told me to expect it. and that it could even be a substantial amount the first day or so. Fortunately I have not had a lot, but it is definitely spotting even through the gauze and onto my bra. I just change out the gauze pads to try to keep the bra cleaner. I have a couple spots that are fairly red blood, some darker blood and a few just clear yellowish drainage. All are normal.

If the bleeding increases substantially, or your pain level increases dramatically you should call your PS. However, do expect your bruising and swelling to get worse before they get better.

Good luck and hope you are happy with your results!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NanaT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM

Glitzyglam_girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
This is completely normal. I have previously had 2 crescent lifts, and i had a little spotting, light bleeding for several day. Last Tuesday I had a full anchor lift and I am still spotting a little today, so this is what.. day 4 PO. My doc told me to expect it. and that it could even be a substantial amount the first day or so. Fortunately I have not had a lot, but it is definitely spotting even through the gauze and onto my bra. I just change out the gauze pads to try to keep the bra cleaner. I have a couple spots that are fairly red blood, some darker blood and a few just clear yellowish drainage. All are normal.

If the bleeding increases substantially, or your pain level increases dramatically you should call your PS. However, do expect your bruising and swelling to get worse before they get better.

Good luck and hope you are happy with your results!!

Thank you so much, this is such a relief, phewww. I haven't really had any bleeding all day, thank goodness. But I was worried I couldn't move my arms an inch or I was going to risk bleeding out all over, eeek. Makes me feel a lttle safer to take another shower. It's just a pain to clean this stinkin spotted bra everyday rrrr.
I was also worried that my surgery was on Friday, just before the weekend and I didn't want to have to call my PS at home lol.
Thanks again hun