Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Lift ladies feeling depressed looking at non-lift pics?

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Lift ladies feeling depressed looking at non-lift pics?

Hey Ladies,
I had BA and medial placement of nipples (moved them closer to centre of my chest, they pointed to the sides before) 2 weeks ago. Pre-op, my breasts were saggy, pointy and googley-eyed (hehe, pointed to the sides). I have always hated my breasts, never took off my bra, hated looking in the mirror, so I assured myself that a few little scars wouldn't bother me, and that ANYTHING would be better than what I had. I'm two weeks post-op and have me a case of the boobie blues

I had stretch marks on my boobs pre-op too, so I have those still, a scar all around my areola, as well as puckering. They are perky, round, facing forward, but are also wrinkley (puckered), scared (stretch marks and incision lines). When I look through the album section and see ladies with no scars (transax/crease incisions that can't be seen and no stretch marks ) I get so depressed. I know that it was never an option for me to not have scars, I had them to begin with, so this was the price to pay to get round, perky boobs. Rationally I know it's not right for me to be upset/sad, but I still am. I get so jealous when I see pics of perfect breasts with no stretch marks/scars. I just hope they fade with time, and lots of lotions.

Any tips on how to accept what I've got? After all, it's a huge improvement to what I had before.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:32 AM
they don't look that big in person

butterfly563 is on a distinguished road
Oh honey, I am afraid of these same things. Having a full anchor lift next month, and am already worried about my scars. Look at beautiful boobs that don't have scars and it already makes me a little sad. However, I have what I have. I have saggy, deflated breasts with stretch marks. The only thing I can suggest is that we try to accept that every body is different, and I can either live with what I have (which I don't want *lol*) or fix it and deal with the scars. There is no getting around the fact that those are the only two choices I have, and if I were happier living with what I already have, I wouldn't be getting the surgery in the first place. I am trying to keep my chin up on this, and I will probably have down days after surgery, but hoping that girls like us can pull together to help each other through it. Best of luck hon.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly563 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Hi Sweetie,

I am in the same boat (almost) as you. I had a full anchor lift on May 20. My scars (if you can call them that yet) as puckered and ugly. My boobs are yellow, black and blue. I have swelling by my rib cage and under my arms. I feel awful about how they look BUT they look a lot better than the deflated sad little "sock with rocks" that I started with.

I know (in my head) that the scars will fade - as will yours and we will look back and be so proud of our boobies. The puckering will flatten out (I know this because my tummy tuck scar was the same and I freaked out so much that I sent my PS a photo by email!!)

I am here to support you if you want - I know how you are feeling.

x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the replies ladies, it's always re-assuring to hear from other people who are going through the same thing! I really thought I would be the last person on earth to get boobie blues. I researched everything, looked at hundreds of before and after photos, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I really don't know why I'm focusing so much on what I can't have (round, perky, non-scarred breasts) because that is, and never was an option for me. I am really happy with how the surgery turned out, and they are so much better than my befores, but yet I'm still sad. Hopefully this just a phase, and I'll learn to accept my scarred, but perky new boobs
Old 05-27-2011, 04:18 PM

risa will become famous soon enough
And like you, Ladies, I am worried of the same thing. Nice post by the way, 1hummingbird.
I will have mine in less than 5 weeks. I am scared to death and am worried I will canx the morning of. I have talked endlessly about this for TEN years and now it is time. I am 'trying' to go into this with: it can ONLY be better than what I have now

Chin up- I am in your corner and cheering for you (all)!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to risa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Wow, the support on this site is just endless Thank you so much ladies for picking me up while I'm down! I couldn't agree more about ladies starting out with nothing (in terms of size) get great results. I too love the look of little nipples with implants. Round, perky, no stretch marks or big incisions. I just need to get over this and accept that mine have improved in a big way, and this is just the way they are. I hope I haven't scared anyone off from going through with this, because I too struggled with the decision to go forward with surgery and debated it for the last seven years. I am SO happy with my new set, but just get down when I look at pics of ladies with "flawless" results. Big hugs and thanks to all you ladies, I feel much, much better than earlier today and I'm giving all the credit to you!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 PM
mcw

mcw is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift too. I was miserable and couldn't believe what I did to myself 2 weeks out. Now at 7 weeks, they are STARTING to look semi-normal. My scabs are gone and my puckering has gotten a lot better. I hated my PS for a while thinking he did a shotty job, but now that I'm healing, I realize he did exactly what I needed.

If you'd like, send a FR. My pictures are out of order (cant figure out how to get them in order) and you can track my progress from -1 to 7 weeks out.

You'll get through this...we all do *hugs*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 05:54 AM

WOWZEE! Are you kidding me? I have never seen a pic of you before but have you seen you on the site and my oh my- What a GREAT picture!!!!! I think my jaw dropped. lol.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:28 AM

kitka is on a distinguished road
Ahhh, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I opted to not have a lift because first off, it added a lot of cost to the surgery, and second, I was scared of the scarring. Now, after all is said and done, I am almost second guessing that decision, wondering if it would have been worth it. I love the results but wish they were a little perkier (haha and that is almost an oxymoron when talking about 435 cc bags if silicone)
Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by kitka View Post
Ahhh, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I opted to not have a lift because first off, it added a lot of cost to the surgery, and second, I was scared of the scarring. Now, after all is said and done, I am almost second guessing that decision, wondering if it would have been worth it. I love the results but wish they were a little perkier (haha and that is almost an oxymoron when talking about 435 cc bags if silicone)
Well put. I say that to myself everyday: damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Hummingbird

I would like to add you look amazing in your pic. I guess we have to just hang in there and let everything heal. It will get better.

X
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Kris67 is on a distinguished road
I had a lollipop lift on my left and donut (areola)lift on right plus augmentation. I was expecting worse scars than I have so far, but my breasts were yellow, black &blue especially underneath- which is starting to fade. I started with saggy, stretch marked and uneven sized breast, so I am happy now- but i still have stretch marks, and so far one breast is tighter, harder and slightly higher than the other. But I love them and know it will get even better! My sister had a BA with lift over a year ago and loves hers and said it takes time to adjust and feel like they are a part of you.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:23 AM

sjguido is on a distinguished road
I haven't had my surgery yet (it's this friday! Yikes!) but I am getting a Benelli lift and I have a ton of stretch marks already from engorgement/breastfeeding my little ones. I'm worried that it won't look good and I will feel disappointed as well but I am hoping that the nice overall shape of my new boobs will offset that. I know it's going to take patience to see the final results so I am trying to prepare myself and hope for the best!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Zoomzoom is on a distinguished road
Wink

Hi there! Your pic looks great! Doesn't it matter most where people see you most...in your clothes? The picture of you in your bra looks fabulous! All of your scars will fade with time. I'm getting impatient now too waiting to d&f, scar cream, silicone strips...just keeping my fingers crossed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoomzoom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM

Cute-N-Sassy is on a distinguished road
I had the full anchor lift with BA and I was very blue the first couple weeks since the glue made them look awful now I'm 12 weeks post op, scars are healing well, shape is good and I am very happy.. Email me if you want to see pics.. Of right after as I have not posted them on here...

Lots of hugs, because it does get better
The Following User Says Thank You to Cute-N-Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM

GuiltyPleazure is on a distinguished road
Aww I think your girls are looking great! I can notice HUGE changes and the puckering has definitely gone down. I think give it some more time and they will settle even more and you will love them
The Following User Says Thank You to GuiltyPleazure For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 PM

FLTiger is on a distinguished road
This is one of the best threads I have read since joining.

hummingbird, you are right. It is so hard to see pics of those who have no scars, no stretch marks... The perfect set Everything we are trying to achieve. And the reason this thread is so good is the outpouring of so many (who by the way look AMAZING) who feel the same way. Since I'm a newbie I don't have pics yet, so let me describe me. I have been blessed with beautiful fair skin... That can't tan and has very little elasticity. My beautiful 9 lb baby girl caused stretch marks so bad on my hips, belly, breasts.. Oh, and to top it off my scars never go away. I have a scar from a full TT that 11 years later is still dark and highly visible. But I continue to fight for better! I want better (and fortunately my husband loves me for this) I will not accept average. I am doing whatever I can to reduce the scars (in fact will be going through a series of injections and laser treatment on my full anchor lift scars that are 9 mo old) as soon as I find a PS I trust to get my boobs right.. (whole other story) I will have that old TT scar revised. So my point in this rambling post (sorry!!) is that yes, there are those who look like they have it easy... But there are more of us who are fighting to look like we have it all... And will keep pushing the envelope till we get close!

Thanks for sharing your concerns.. It's a perfect example of why this site is so great..
The Following User Says Thank You to FLTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM
"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride"

hairgirl will become famous soon enough
at 1st its scary when you look at nonlift girls & you have all these scars & feel like frankenstien but trust me the scars fade & your lifted boobs will look great. I'm over 2yrs po from full anchor lift & you really have to look close to know I had a lift.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hairgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Happy2BahG

AzAng is on a distinguished road
hummingbird- Your new girls look awesome! I'm still a newbie and only got to see the one you posted on this tread, but the girls look great in a bra! I understand your emotions. I have been looking at some after pics and actually some before pics that look better than what I have. BF 4 kids, had 3 biopsies lots of stretch marks and scars. I get my lollipop and new boobs the end of July and keep thinking.. how bad are my stretchmarks going to look afterwards?? I am so glad to see the out poor of support. I know you will be so much happier with the girls perky bigger and looking straight

Originally Posted by hairgirl View Post
at 1st its scary when you look at nonlift girls & you have all these scars & feel like frankenstien but trust me the scars fade & your lifted boobs will look great. I'm over 2yrs po from full anchor lift & you really have to look close to know I had a lift.
This is awesome to hear!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AzAng For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Worth every penny.

just~for~me is on a distinguished road
Huh. You know what? Nope, I've never felt depressed looking at non-lift pics!

I am really sorry that so many on this thread are so worried about the scarring. For me, it was just a fact. I wanted the VERY best lift I could get, I had a LOT of extra skin, so -- I needed the full anchor. I didn't spend any time wishing things were different. I just did what I had to do.

I was so, so unhappy and self-conscious about the way they WERE, that things could ONLY get better.

I was unhappy naked, I was unhappy clothed. I was unhappy with the push-up padded bras, and I was REALLY unhappy in a swimsuit.

So, maybe now I am happy with all of the above. Maybe I end up with horrible scars and I am not happy naked. It is still a HUGE improvement!

Wait.

If the only alternative is how I was BEFORE... then nope, not even some horrible scars could make me unhappy naked!

I really just think it's all about perspective. Is the glass half-full, or is it half-empty?

Good luck deciding, ladies!
The Following User Says Thank You to just~for~me For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe