Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Let's hear it for the lift!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Talking Let's hear it for the lift!

I wanted to start this thread for anyone that has been told they need a lift.

I see lots of ladies hoping they wont need a lift and I TOTALLY get that but I just wanted to let you know that if you DO need a lift then it isnt the end of the world. In fact, it can be pretty great.

OK so lets do the negative first (or at least I will cover what I was afraid of):

1) The scar.
My scar is only 3 weeks post op and there is still some puckering, which should be gone by 6 weeks. I had the same puckering with my TT and guess what? It did go by 6 weeks. We dont often walk around naked so really, who sees the scar anyway? With good scar treatment they fade soooo fast anyway. It really ISNT that bad.

Ummmm - that's it for what I was worried about.

Now that I have had it done lets look at the positives.

1) I have REAL boobs

2) I had the full anchor lift so my implant of choice was fitted and then the boob lifted and "trimmed" to fit it - YAY - nice firm, tight skin

3) My confidence has gone through the roof - I can wear a tank with NO BRA and girls dont sit on my thighs when I sit down.

4) My nipples are sitting in a GREAT position - nice and high but not too high.

Now, after the lift/BA did I freak out at the sight of my scary boobs? YES! Did I post a thread about it here? YES! Do ladies that have just the BA post similar "OMG I'm freaking out" posts? YES!!!!!!!

I hope this post helps anyone that is maybe sad that they have been told they need the lift because they were hoping to get away with it. I personally think having the lift is the best thing I have ever done aside from having my children but then it was breast feeding those four little sods that gave me my droopy sad boobs in the first place (kidding!!)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 04:55 AM

Scat21a is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this post kaz... I was in this situation a few years ago when told that I was borderline, so I opted to not have the lift then, and, guess what, I now have to goback to get it done. I have been very nervous about it, not just because of the scar ( mine fade well), but because the shape of my breast is being reconstructed significntly. I guess that this can be a positive thing, as the ps can improve things, but it just seems so much more drastic than just the implant. Apologies for the rambling thoughts... The best thing about jbi is seeing and hearing the success stories and getting confidence and instipation from them.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 AM

Babu is on a distinguished road
Thank you

I was scared to find out I needed a lift but not I can't wait to have perky boobies
Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Kaz

@ Scat - No apologies and you arent rambling It is a major decision and change to your body.

Yes, the shape is changed but for me they changed from droopy, little empty boobs (imagine a sock with a golf ball in the end) to rounded, perky womanly breasts

As long as you have a good surgeon who knows what he/she is doing then will never look back after you have had it done.

I cant wait to follow your journey and I will be here if you want me to "hold your hand" every step of the way. It is drastic and scary when you first see them all cut and stitched back together but now at 3 weeks out, I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I am SO happy that I did this.

Big (lifted boobie) hugs to you.
xx
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Kaz

Babu - you are going to ROCK those ta-tas sister!! I am excited for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 AM

DMorgan7 is on a distinguished road
I LOVE this post! And I totally agree! Yes, I would have loved to have nice, perky pre-op boobs and not have to have the additional scars and cost. However, that was just not in the cards for me, so I had to take the next best option... getting a lift. I've seen many pics of post-op lifts and realized that there can be many different types of results depending on implant choice, type of lift, and surgeon's work. I was expecting to have a decent lift, but did not want to get too excited in case mine did not turn out as perky as I had hoped for. Well now that my surgery is over, it is time to get excited!! They are so perky (I know they are still going to drop some), and I love them! Even with my implants being high right now, my nipples are still higher than they were pre-op. I finally have perky boobs and definitely feel that they are worth the extra scars.
The Following User Says Thank You to DMorgan7 For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Kaz

@DMorgan7 - high five my lifted sister

I am so happy that you are happy and I TOTALLY agree that the scars are worth having these great boobs.

Happy healing - it's an emotional roller coaster but I say lets throw our hands in the air (or as high as our sore boobs will allow ) and enjoy the ride!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Great, great thread. Nothing like a bunch of positivity to start the day! Thanks for posting such an uplifting thread Kaz
The Following User Says Thank You to 1hummingbird For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Kaz

*takes a bow and puts on her posh English accent*

Why thank you daaaarling.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Steelers Fan is on a distinguished road
Great thread and I totally agree. I couldn't be happier with my results. There is nothing like being able to rock a triangle bikini top at 33 years old and look the best I've ever looked My scars are barely visible at this point (6 months out) and my boobs are the perkiest that I can remember. I can wear dresses and shirts without a bra and love that I have no "skin touching skin" (that is exactly what I told my PS I wanted). I LOVE my boobs and wouldn't trade my BL/BA for anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelers Fan For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

I am only a week out from my ba/lift and I have never ever in my life had breasts that didnt sag. I had tuberous breasts and now I have beautiful breasts! My scar will fade and anyone that actually gets close enough to see it wont care anyway. I love them now...cant wait to see what the next 6 months brings. Lovely thread Kaz!
The Following User Says Thank You to madem_jenn For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 PM

maybeboobes2 is on a distinguished road
This is exactly what I need. Positive stories from positive people that have had or need a lift. It actually made me excited about my lift. Well done. Keep the stories coming.

My main concern is the scar so its nice to hear people talk about how well they fade.

I have 2 choices...saggy emtpy boobes that will get worse over time
or
beautiful boobes with a scar
and considering my husband is the only one who is going to see the scar then I know what I would prefer. At least in a bikini, top or dress I am going to feel confident that they look great and I feel great.

Second consult this Thursday so can't wait to hear what the PS has to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to maybeboobes2 For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM

samantham is on a distinguished road
I am two months out from having a benelli on just the left and still have some slight puckering. My surgeon said it takes up to six months for the scars to look good.

Although my nipples do look different now I am happy I had the lift because I had some major droop on lefty and if I just put an implant in there it would still be drooping and I would be unhappy. You really might as well get it all done and done right when you are going under the knife.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Happy2BahG

AzAng is on a distinguished road
I can't tell you all how excited I am to get my lift!! After I had my first pg I was in an F bra (probably actually larger) now I'm a tube sock with a lemon. I've had 3 biopsies as well.. so I don't have perty or perky boobs right now. Perky, bigger will be such a nice thing to have

My PS said, so you want a lift? You are borderline I could go over. Nope! Lift these babies now! Fill them up too

I am so happy to hear so many ladies on here love their lifts and their new boobs

My biggest concern was the implant size. I wasn't sure how much to make my boob look right. I do have a look in mind, but I do have a ton of stretch marks.
The Following User Says Thank You to AzAng For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 PM

AKADrea will become famous soon enough
Thank you for your stories! I probably need a lift, but haven't wrapped my mind around it just yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKADrea For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 PM

CatEyeGlasses is on a distinguished road
H thank goodness

Kaz thanks so much fir this post. I was beginning to feel really down about having to have a lift at my age (late 20s) and never having breast feed babies.

The idea of the scars and long recovery make me weak in the knees. But great boobs are worth it right? Just wish I could get the super small incision and that's it....
The Following User Says Thank You to CatEyeGlasses For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
DD's and loving them!

principessa is on a distinguished road
I think the hardest part for me to accept was why a teenager would need a lift. I just felt like my breasts got old before they even got to be perky. I know I only need a lift on one side but it still sucks. I'm not worried about the scar at all (I've seen my older sister with a four inch scar down her chest since she was 8 due to open heart surgery) so I'm used to it. I just hope it turns out the way I hope. Thank you so much for this post. It definitely made me feel a bit better.
The Following User Says Thank You to principessa For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Kaz

Originally Posted by CatEyeGlasses View Post
Kaz thanks so much fir this post. I was beginning to feel really down about having to have a lift at my age (late 20s) and never having breast feed babies.

The idea of the scars and long recovery make me weak in the knees. But great boobs are worth it right? Just wish I could get the super small incision and that's it....
I never had "perky" breasts either - even before kids and bfeeding. My sister was the one who got the big boucy boobs (still has them even though she has fed two children) and I got the height and good skin (according to her ).

Since my lift my boobs are rounded (or at least rounding out nicely now), full and soooooo perky. My nipple is in a great position and my areolas are a great size (I hated how big they were before). When I used to lay on my back my boobs sagged literally flat and to the side (my nipples even got saggy wrinkles - yuck!). I used to put my hands over them when my SO came in the room or onto the bed. I was so insecure.

NOW I am proud of my boobs and YOU WILL BE TOO!! I have had pain sure and the scar is there but it is already fading and the pain is getting less every day. It is short term stuff that in the long term will make you feel sooo much better about yourself.

Good luck
Old 06-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Kaz

Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I think the hardest part for me to accept was why a teenager would need a lift. I just felt like my breasts got old before they even got to be perky. I know I only need a lift on one side but it still sucks. I'm not worried about the scar at all (I've seen my older sister with a four inch scar down her chest since she was 8 due to open heart surgery) so I'm used to it. I just hope it turns out the way I hope. Thank you so much for this post. It definitely made me feel a bit better.
I am glad you are not worried about the scar - this is usually the thing that people dread the most so you are half way there. I am sure your boobs will turn out EXACTLY as you hope and you will be so happy that you did this for yourself. Looking forward to following your boobie journey.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM

buffy is on a distinguished road
Great thread!

I needed a lift because I had lost 60+ pounds. My neck to nipple measurements were 24cm and 25 cm even though I was only a 34B. (Down from 40C)

I am very happy with my results so far. My doctor even said that my nipples will be in the middle of my breasts after I have dropped. My nipples have NEVER been in the middle of my breasts! I'm so excited!