Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

What is it coming out of scar????

Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 AM

LilyGirl is on a distinguished road
What is it coming out of scar????

Hi all. I'm 5 and bit weeks post op full lift and BA. Tonight after shower I was looking at nipple scar to check if getting better. I noticed a little bit of scab and pulled on it. As I did a clear "stitch" type thing started coming out, not too far out because I didn't pull too far as it freaked me out. It didn't hurt but not much feeling around scar. Has anyone else had this happen to them or any ideas on what it could be?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 AM

risa will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a spitting stitch to me. Very normal. I haven't had my surgery yet but I am sur someone that has will answer you soon!

But that's what it sounds like to me When in doubt, call your PS!
The Following User Says Thank You to risa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 04:08 PM

I am hoping that is what it is. Problem is I live in Australia and my PS is in ********. I might have to send email and try to get what is wrong across that way I guess...
Old 06-14-2011, 01:50 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a stitch to me too. I had this the other night - something was poking out from my incision so I gave it a little tug and what seemed like thread came out - no pain and no problems.

I remember him telling me that this might happen when I had my TT and although it didnt, it made me not worry the other night when this happened with my boob.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Finally...celebrating my one year BOOBIVERSARY!!

WantzBigger is on a distinguished road
It sounds like a spitting stitch to me. I had one that kept poking out even up to 5 months. Once mine was pulled, there was no issue. Keep the area clean and dry, and keep an eye out for any colored discharge.
The Following User Says Thank You to WantzBigger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 11:41 AM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
It is more than likely a spitting stitch. I had several do that after my lift and augmentation. PS actually said I did not need to see him for those just lightly tug them out with a pair of tweezers.

Pretty easy and should not cause any pain just feels weird and sometimes leaks a little fluid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laineycakes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Thank you everyone. I was so worried it was the stitching from the lift. I'm am guessing a spitting stitch isn't anything to worry about. JBI rocks that you can put your mind at ease getting your worries out there!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM

jenni1 is on a distinguished road
Lilygirl..I had the exact same thing from my crescent lift incision the other day. It was like a little dark bump on the line of the incision and i took a tweezer to it, and out came a stitch that was about an inch long! I was freaked at first, then I just figured it was supposed to dissolve and didn't..but the incision is fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenni1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 PM

ldish949 is on a distinguished road
i had the same thing. It looked like a little piece of cotton poking out. My PS said if it is bothering me, to pull it out with tweezers (you must make sure they are clean!) He also said they can dissolve if you can bare with leaving it. I pulled mine out (i had 3 or 4) and there was a little tiny hole. I was afraid of getting an infection, but I was fine
The Following User Says Thank You to ldish949 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
Yep, it's a spitting stitch. I had so many of them, I lost count. Dr. Cohen had me pull them out with a pair of sterilized tweezers. The ones that I couldn't
get to, he took care of. I had to go in several times for him to remove them. I think my body pretty much spit every single stitch that he put in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAINAZ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 01:12 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I have one and I am just leaving it alone.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I ended up messaging PS as I was still a bit freaked out and of course you were all correct. Spitting stitch that should dissolve in a couple of months. He said if annoying you pull out if you can if not leave and it will dissolve. So thanks everyone, great to hear other people have had this issue too.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 AM
275 left/300 right mod+ silicone unders

CiaoCiao is on a distinguished road
thank god I came across this post, I just had one tonight, I have peri-areolar incisions and there was a little scab on mine and I lightly picked it and it came out and left a tiny hole behind (kind of like when you push a black head out and it leaves a little hole behind in the pore) and I hate holes so it freaked me out and disgusted me so bad and I was worried it would stay open, I lightly squeezed it to make sure no puss came out to see if it was maybe infected but only a little clear fluid came out and it looks like it's already closing up so i hope it heals on its own.