Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Nervous about lift!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM

minniem is on a distinguished road
Nervous about lift!

Hi everyone. I was just looking for some advice out there. I went for my consult yesterday for breast augmentation. I was pretty much in denial about needing a lift. However, the surgeon was 100% positive that I needed one. He said that he could do saline implants over the muscle, but that would only be a temporary fix before they started sagging again. Just wondering if you guys could help me with my questions:

1) What do you use on the incision lines? Does the scar ever get to a point where it is not as noticeable?

2) Did you loose nipple sensation?

3) Will loosing or gaining weight after a lift make any difference?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM

buffy is on a distinguished road
Hi there! I had a vertical lift + augmentation 11 days ago.

There is a measurement to determine if you need a lift. The PS should measure you from the middle of your neck at the collarbone to your nipple. This distance in cm is how the doctor decides if you need a lift. I don't know the exact numbers (you could prolly find them on the internet) but I know that my measurement was 24-25cm and I def. needed a lift.

There are different types of lifts depending on the severity of the breast droop... do you know what kind of lift the PS wants for you?

As for your questions - I think you should ask your PS!!!!

I'm no PS but here are my answers
1. I'm not post-op enough to answer this, but I can tell you that my incisions are still "fresh" and oozy 11 days out
2. Yes, there is numbness in my breasts, but I gain more feeling back each day.
3. Yes, gaining/losing weight can affect your breasts post-lift and post-augmentation.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to buffy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Hi

Dont worry about needing a lift. I had a full anchor three weeks ago and the difference in my scars from day one to now and unbelievable.

I have lost sensation in my nipples at this point BUT let me tell you that I read a LOT on here about women who have had just a BA that have also lost nipple or breast sensation. With all breast surgery there is trauma to the nerves so you could end up losing sensation without the lift.

Yes, if you gain or lose a lot of weight then this will affect your breasts (even lifted ones).

Check out the "lets hear it for the lift" thread in this section - I started it to encourage anyone who needs a lift and is worried. You will see a lot of women who have shared their positive lift stories.

Once you make member status you can add me as a friend and see pics if you want - I am going to add them weekly to document the changes.

Good luck.
x
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 AM

maybeboobes2 is on a distinguished road
Looks like we are in the same boat.

I was also in denial. I had my first ps app last Friday who confirmed I have stage 3 Ptosis and will def need a lift no matter what any other surgeon trys to tell me. (see my signature for details).

I have my first consult with a diff ps tomorrow and can't wait to hear what he has to say.

I have seen plenty of before and afters online but find it hard and wish I could see some real pics.

I guess it comes down to this....what would you rather. Saggy Boobes or great Boobes with scars that will fade over time ? That is what I am trying to decide.

What type of lift did he say you need ?
I was told that mine will prob droop again but not or a very long time. (years)
Unless you are planning on loosing a heap of weight it won't matter.
Loosing nipple sensation depends on the individual and the surgery. Personally I can't stand anyone touching my boobes at this stage anyway so having sensation won't make a difference to me. They are off limits !

I hope this helps, stay in touch, Good luck and give yourself time to process any information you receive and I will pass on anything that I feel may help.
The Following User Says Thank You to maybeboobes2 For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM

minniem is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the advice! I am going to go for a consult with at least one other surgeon just to compare what he has to say. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing! No matter what I want to be happy with the results and if getting a lift is the way to do that then I will. Again thanks for all the encouraging comments!
The Following User Says Thank You to minniem For This Useful Post:
Kaz
Old 06-17-2011, 01:36 PM

ProudMommy9118 is on a distinguished road
I went with the first PS I went on a consult for, but he was 100% that I needed a lift, which type of lift was up in the air and I ended up with a lollipop lift. I am beyond thrilled with my results, they are more perkier and round than even before I had my son!
1. I use mederma on my scars, 3 times a day an massage the scar while putting it on. Your PS will give you his recommendation and I would stick to what he says.
2. I have noticed slight nipple sensation loss, but not completley and it seems to be coming back day by day.
3. I posted a thread about gaining loosing weight. This is totally a person by person case. In the past if your boobs got bigger/smaller with weight gain/loss then it will affect your boobs after a lift, and could lead to potential sagginess. My boobs never changed with weight fluctuations except when I breastfed. So I have lost 8-10 pounds since my lift, and my boobs are still high and perky. My doctor was also able to confirm this because he can tell if your breast is made up of fatty tissue or not.