Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

African-Americans and Scarring

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 PM

SeaChelle is on a distinguished road
African-Americans and Scarring

I have very saggy breasts, and will need a full lift, but I'm worried about how the scars will look, especially the vertical scars. I've seen a lot of healed breast lifts on Caucasian patients, and the scars look really good after several months, but I'm afraid my scars won't look as good. Are there any African-American women on here who had a breast lift, with vertical scars? How do your scars look and how many months/years are you post-op?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM

Cookholmes is on a distinguished road
I had severe pstosis, so I ended up getting a full anchor lift.

The scars that I have are both light and dark. I am currently 8 weeks post op and my scars that were dark are starting to fade and the scars that are light are getting darker, so it seems to be balancing out. In general, I heal well. But I did not bruise either.

If you have not had surgery before and do not know how well you heal, look at any scabs or cuts that you have had on your body, if your skin is generally clear, you probably heal well. If you got your ears pierced and they produced a keloid, you may not heal as well, but it is not insurmountable.

I think that if you heal well, you should be fine. If you are prone to keloid scars, you can get treatment for it, it will just cost a little extra. What I would suggest for the scars in general is to start wearing a silicone sheet, that will also help with the scar apperance and feel. HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookholmes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 PM

buffy is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for before/after pictures, Dr. Pousti has an African-American breast augmentation/lift gallery on his website - just google "Dr. Pousti" and his website is the first link... the gallery list is on the right. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to buffy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Avi is 2 weeks post op

D Cup Diva is on a distinguished road
I had my full anchor lift in 2007, and a redo in 2010. My vertical scars are not that bad, but the ones underneath my boobs are horrible, and they extend all the way across the bottom of the boobs. I had to be careful of which swimsuit styles I choose, because the scars show from the side on me. I currently have CC for a second time, so perhaps if I have to get yet another redo I can have some type of scar revision.