Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Super nervous about what seems to me an odd lift and augmentation

Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM

CatEyeGlasses is on a distinguished road
Question Super nervous about what seems to me an odd lift and augmentation

So I guess I should start at the beginning. I am 27 years old with no children...breast-feeding did not cause my problem. More like a combination of bad genes and medical issues.

My left breast has always been larger and far more droopy than my right. It always made me unconmfortable but now after loosing 40lbs. It has become a Big problem. Good luck finding a swimsuit that does not highlight thAt for the world. I can't even wear a lot of clothes.

As if that was already not bad enough, 3 weeks ago I discovered a large lump in the larger left breast. To rule out cancer, the surgeon choose to remove it along with an inch margin all around the tumor. Well thank God it was not cancer but now that poor breast looks worse-more deflated.

At the consultation with my PS he suggested that I get a lift only on the left and add a saline implant to the right to balance size and position.

My question: have any of you ever heard of this type of thing before?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 PM

buffy is on a distinguished road
Hey girlie! Welcome to JBI. This is the best website for support and information!

Your story is not uncommon at all! A lot of girls have asymmetry of the breasts. There are many girls on this website who have had a lift on one side only, and augment on the other. When you make member you can see pictures! There are many PS websites that show before/after with situations like yours.

I am sorry to hear about your cancer scare, glad it turned out okay.

Congrats on your weightloss! I am 29, no kids, but had a lift because of weight loss!
The Following User Says Thank You to buffy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 PM

boobdiva is on a distinguished road
Hi CatEye!

I had asymmetry my entire life due to scoliosis and a slight chest wall deformity. My right was bigger than my left. I had a BA done in 2003 to even it out. My PS filled my left breast more than my right.

The reason I joined these forums is because the BA did not correct my asymmetry and I have never been happy with my result. In fact, now my right one is SUPER droopy.

So I've just spent the last couple months doing a lot of research on this site and trying to find people who have been in my situation. Luckily we are not the only ones! Do some searches and you will find many, many threads discussing asymmetry.

Like you, I have no children. I will be 29 next month.

Good luck in your quest for new breasts! Feel free to ask me anything - I am still in newbie status as well, but I have scheduled consults with two doctors and hope to have my revision done by the end of this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to boobdiva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks so much ladies for your kind words. I feel like I am way behind on the learning curve. It makes me feel so much better to know that I am not weird or alone in my one sad saggy boob!

Cheers for medical intervention!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Hi

Welcome to JBI - you will get a lot of support and information here and you will meet a LOT of lovely ladies too.

First of all I am so glad your cancer scare all turned out ok and CONGRATULATIONS on losing 40lbs - that is AWESOME!!

I have read a lot about ladies needing lifts on one side only and asymmetry in breasts is more common than you realise. Even ladies needing just a BA will often have more CC's put in one side to balance everything out.

I just had a full anchor lift with a BA and it really wasnt at all bad. Once you get past your fears and anxiety (most of them unfounded you soon realise) then you are left with lovely (perky) boobs to be proud of. I know how it feels to hate my breasts and now I feel so much better.

Good luck to you and let me know if I can help in any way.

x
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 AM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
Yeah...it's not uncommon. And sometimes a lift is the only way to correct asymmetry. Some people hope that there is another way around it, like internal sutures, but if the difference is great and it is sagging, chances are that you will need a lift.

I have a lift on one side only. I was probably about a half cup size bigger and much saggier on that side.

By the way, I went to a follow up and consult with my PS yesterday and he showed me a woman that he had done an explant on (took out her implants permanently) and then a lift. I was amazed. This woman looked spectacular at a nice 34B and she was shaped so nicely.

There's a lot that can be done, esp if you have tissue to work with.
The Following User Says Thank You to beckybee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks again! I know I am a newbie and can't see photo albums (or even thank people for their posts for that matter ) but can I FR and see photos? If so how do I do that? I feel like seeing real life would make me feel so much better. All the images I can see in the general photo albums are like 3 and 6 months post-op.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Cookholmes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CatEyeGlasses View Post
Thanks again! I know I am a newbie and can't see photo albums (or even thank people for their posts for that matter ) but can I FR and see photos? If so how do I do that? I feel like seeing real life would make me feel so much better. All the images I can see in the general photo albums are like 3 and 6 months post-op.
Hey you! You will be able to do all of that stuff when you become a "member" of JBI, but due to the rules, moderators request that people do not ask how they can become members. All I can say is that active people who make good contributions become members faster than others.

With that said, if you do a google search on breast asymmetry, will will find a ton of photos of befores and afters. Also, some of the physicians on this site may have galleries on their pages with cases of asymmetry that they have dealt with. HTH
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
Originally Posted by CatEyeGlasses View Post
That's the part that bothers me about the newbie status. It's like you're out there in the cold with no reference to go by. Keep posting and staying active!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 AM

LilyGirl is on a distinguished road
Hi. I had bad asymmetry and had to get a lift. I got implants as well, different sizes to try to correct this. Now swelling down a bit (6 weeks out) I am finding that I still have asymmetry, however PS did say this could happen. They still look great though and no one else seems to notice (or don't say anything negative). Most women naturally have asymmetry so I will live with it. Good luck with your surgery