Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Too young!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM

La Glam is on a distinguished road
Too young!

Its official, I need a lift at the ripe age of 23. I had implants a few years ago and my PS at the time tried to avoid a lift. Now, I am struggling with the fact that I am only 23 and needing a lift. I am so scared of the scarring and, most of all, if will hinder my ability to breastfeed down the road. Anybody familiar with this situation? This was basically the reason I got breast implants in the first place so this situation was always in the back of my mind- just didnt think it would come this soon!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:16 PM

CatEyeGlasses is on a distinguished road
I totally feel your pain. Although I have never had implants,I still feel like I am too young for a lift (27). Oh well I guess that's not so young anymore

I just hear how women needed them after breastfeeding and I didn't even do anything great like that....mine is just genetics...

Oh well perhaps it's time to suck it up, get some great scar stuff, and enjoy being waited on during the longer recovery...happy thoughts
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 PM

maisey_daisy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by La Glam View Post
Its official, I need a lift at the ripe age of 23. I had implants a few years ago and my PS at the time tried to avoid a lift. Now, I am struggling with the fact that I am only 23 and needing a lift. I am so scared of the scarring and, most of all, if will hinder my ability to breastfeed down the road. Anybody familiar with this situation? This was basically the reason I got breast implants in the first place so this situation was always in the back of my mind- just didnt think it would come this soon!
I didn't have implants originally, but I got my lift on my right breast at the age of 20 (i.e. last year). I just had a revision to fix some scarring because my tissue wasn't strong enough to support the sutures the first time. I have heard it is easier on your tissues if you get implants and a lift in two different steps. Are you going to have to replace your implants? I have also heard that some PSs require you to change out the implant if it has been over 1year.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM

wow1234 is on a distinguished road
I had a lift and I am 23 also. I had to have the full anchor lift. The scars are not that bad I am thrilled with my results. I still produce breast milk(its odd I have always produced a little). Therefore hopefully you would still be able to breastfeed later on if you wanted to.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM

ProudMommy9118 is on a distinguished road
Hey Girl! I had a lift a few months ago, at 23 too! I however did already breastfeed, which is why I needed that dang lift I was so dissapointed at the time but am so thrilled with my results now! My breasts are perkier, and more round than before I ever got pregnant! Plus the scars really are not that bad at all.
I am undecided about future children, but I did talk to my PS about that and he said that with a lift, since they cut around the aerola it does come with a risk about not being able to breastfeed, I believe he threw out a number like 17% chance of not being able to.
Good Luck!