Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Infected lollipop incision...sort of

Old 06-21-2011, 10:47 AM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
Infected lollipop incision...sort of

My left incision around my areola at the bottom is red and not looking great. I sent my PS a pic yesterday afternoon and I got a call before 9am instructing me to start on Doxy (antibiotic) twice a day. I am worried. Anyone go thru this and have it turn out okay? Need some reassurance.

Also, I have been doing downward compression exercises as well as wearing the band and that side is actually more mobile than the other so I have been squeezing it to see the implant rise up and such. Right at the upper curve it is sore and when I bend over I can feel bubbling. Does that sound normal? I guess I am just worried because it is in the same breast as the redness.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 AM

risa will become famous soon enough
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your infection. You are smart to have called so promptly and get some antibiotics

I have not had my surgery yet but in regards to the soreness in the upper curve when you squeeze it- could it be bec of sore pec muscles? And the bubbling is normal- isn't that what other have posted they hear in the beginning? Sloshing and bubbling and such?

I wish I could be more help- but am sending TONS of support!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Hi sweetie - sorry to hear about these complications but good call on getting on those antibiotics.

I had a lot of soreness on the upper curve of my implant near the armpit area (is that where you mean?) and I even sent my PS an email about it. It was totally normal. Just keep an eye on your temperature and also of course on that sore part.

I wasnt instructed to do exercises or anything of that kind - my PS is the sort where he has you just leave it all to do its thing. If you are worried AT ALL then I would ask to go in for your PS to check you over (is he far away?) to put your mind at ease.

Sending you healthy healing vibes along with a great big hug.

x
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
thanks ladies...well...they dont look any worse so that is good. No real pain, fever, discharge or heat...so that makes me feel better. It really might just be the way I am healing on that one side. That was the larger saggier breast and it was more bruised so it just might take more time to look as good as the right. Thanks for the thoughts!