Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Types of lifts

Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 AM

minniem is on a distinguished road
Types of lifts

Hey all! I was just wanting your opinions. Would you say one type of lift is better than another? The reason I am asking is because when I went to my first consult the doctor recommended a full anchor lift. When I asked his nurse about the other type of lifts, she said that he only does the full anchor lift now because so many women were unhappy with the other types of lifts and that the results weren't as good. Anyways, that got me wondering. I have two more consults, both with doctors who do the other lifts as well. Just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Hey I would be wary of any PS who only does one type of lift. It's not a "one-size-fits-all" type of situation. There are 4-5 different types of lifts that I'm aware of, each for different stages of sagging. If you had severe sagging a crescent lift (least invasive) wouldn't be enough. If you had minor sagging a full anchor (most invasive) would be way too much. I'm glad to hear you've got a few more consults to weigh your options. It's possible you might need a full anchor but it would be nice to go with a PS that at least considered the other options. Good luck to you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1hummingbird For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
From least to most invasive/corrective:

Crescent Lift:
Does not remove any significant amount of excess or slack skin, just moves the areola up approximately 1/2 an inch. Can sometimes result in an oval shaped areola, as only the top portion of the areola is pulled up. This lift will NOT lift your breast mound.

Benelli or "donut" Lift:
Removes a bit of slack skin/tissue, but not much. Mostly does what the crescent type lift does... raise the areola a bit. Can result in puckering around the areola, as a "purse string" type suturing is used.

Lollipop Lift:
This lift involves an incision not only around the areola, but also a vertical line from the areola down to the crease, to allow the surgeon to tighten the actual breast mound a bit.

Full Anchor Lift:
The same as the Lollipop, but with an added incision starting from the inner crease point all the way across to the outer crease point. (like a smile). This lift is the most effective at actually lifting the entire breast mound.

HTH

Last edited by Dare; 06-22-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I would get at least 2 other consults and if they all day anchor then pick who you like the best. You don't want a full anchor unless you need one.
The Following User Says Thank You to madem_jenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM

Thanks so much for your replies! I am just nervous about making the wrong decision. So much to think about. I hope that after the next consult I will have more peace of mind about all of this. The plastic surgeon took all sorts of measurements before telling me that I needed a lift. He told me that I was in the grey area for needing a lift. I went back and saw his nurse a couple days later because I was so confused about the whole lift thing. She took some photos of me from the front and to the left and right side. She said that from looking at the front it doesn't appear that I need a lift, but when looking from the side it looks more like I do need a lift. I have my next consult Monday so I am excited to see what he has to say. Thanks again for the replies.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 PM

maisey_daisy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by minniem View Post
Hey all! I was just wanting your opinions. Would you say one type of lift is better than another? The reason I am asking is because when I went to my first consult the doctor recommended a full anchor lift. When I asked his nurse about the other type of lifts, she said that he only does the full anchor lift now because so many women were unhappy with the other types of lifts and that the results weren't as good. Anyways, that got me wondering. I have two more consults, both with doctors who do the other lifts as well. Just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks
I think all of the lifts are equally as good when they are used in appropriate situations. I did really well with a benelli, but that is only because I didn't have a lot of sagging and my breasts were tuberous. An anchor would not have been appropriate for me. I hope that helps you!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Katie84 is on a distinguished road
I don't have experience with lifts, but I know that when I asked my PS about them, he said he only does anchor lifts as well. I guess they figure if they're gonna do lifts, they may as well get it right the first time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Katie84 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM

aztecprincesse is on a distinguished road
I have heard of surgeons that will only do an anchor lift. I am not sure how I feel about it myself...if there is a high failure rate with other types of lifts I can understand why one might adopt that kind of limitation.

Check out some other surgeons in your area and see what they have to say. Never hurts to have another opinion. In the meantime, this is a great web page that explains the different lifts and when they are "appropriate". Determining what kind of lift would be beneficial is not absolute. One thing that IS for sure is that with an anchor you will probably have the best results almost guaranteed. The worst place to be is a "borderline" (like me...whose PPS thought I wouldn't need a lift and SURPRISE...after my implants we saw very quickly that I do)
Old 06-25-2011, 07:19 PM

aztecprincesse is on a distinguished road
THIS is the web page...sorry - forgot to post it in my last message

http://www.orangecountycosmeticsurge...juvenation.htm
Old 06-25-2011, 11:56 PM

CaliGirl313 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
From least to most invasive/corrective:

Crescent Lift:
Does not remove any significant amount of excess or slack skin, just moves the areola up approximately 1/2 an inch. Can sometimes result in an oval shaped areola, as only the top portion of the areola is pulled up. This lift will NOT lift your breast mound.

Benelli or "donut" Lift:
Removes a bit of slack skin/tissue, but not much. Mostly does what the crescent type lift does... raise the areola a bit. Can result in puckering around the areola, as a "purse string" type suturing is used.

Lollipop Lift:
This lift involves an incision not only around the areola, but also a vertical line from the areola down to the crease, to allow the surgeon to tighten the actual breast mound a bit.

Full Anchor Lift:
The same as the Lollipop, but with an added incision starting from the inner crease point all the way across to the outer crease point. (like a smile). This lift is the most effective at actually lifting the entire breast mound.

HTH

Thank you for posting this! I've been wondering what each type of lift there is and what they do.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
You're welcome
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 AM

I was just going to give an update that I went for my second consult yesterday. This plastic surgeon was a real nice guy. He spent a lot of time going over all the different aspects of implants and measuring me. I waited to see if he would suggest the lift for me, but when he didn't, I asked him. He said that there was no way he would do a lift on me and said that I was not at that point. So confused!!! All of these conflicting points on what to do is taking all the fun out of my implant adventure! I still have one more consult to go. Thanks for all your replies.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Worth every penny.

just~for~me is on a distinguished road
I just had a full anchor lift, so I am NOT anti-lift in ANY way.

BUT, if you have one ps saying FULL ANCHOR and another ps telling you that you don't need one AT ALL -- that really stands out to me.

I saw 3 ps over a 3-year period and they all said, unequivocally, without a doubt, that I needed the full anchor lift. I knew I needed it. I stood and looked in the mirror and lifted my nipple up to where it should be, too often to admit.

If you are not feeling like you need a lift, NO WAY would I go for the full anchor at this point. It is a lot of incisions and a lot more healing to do.

Good luck deciding!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Jessie86 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks ladies for posting so much info on the different types of lifts, I had no idea there were so many types, now I feel much more informed for when I go into my consults about what might be needed for me.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Obu

Obu is on a distinguished road
I can tell you that my friend had the Benelli lift (around the areola only) three weeks ago, and she is very disappointed. She didn't have extreme sagging to begin with, so the doctor told her she may not need the vertical incision. She told him she was ok with the extra scar if it meant a better result. However, he just did the Benelli. She now feels like they are still saggy...they aren't really, but they are also very new, and she knows that they will continue to drop over time. She's out of town and texting me how disappointed she is and that she can pass the "pencil test" now. I personally just had a full anchor lift 5 days ago. Though the incisions look like Frankenstein right now, I can tell that they are very perky, and I think I will be very pleased. However, I had a LOT of sagging from large implants (450 cc) on top of muscle, and I switched to 375 cc under the muscle, so there was a lot of loose skin to deal with - I really had no other option.

Good luck whatever you decide!