Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Benelli Lift and Puffy Nipples

Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM

runnergirl1975 is on a distinguished road
Benelli Lift and Puffy Nipples

Hi ladies!
I had a Benelli lift and am 4 days post op; I feel great but am stressing about my nipples; they're puffy and have a strange shape. The raise up from where the stitches are and I'm afraid they'll never lie flat. It looks like my boobs are wearing a little hat; it looks so weird. If freaking that they'll never lie flat and I'll be dealing with this awkward looking nipple situation forever. Any thoughts??
Old 06-26-2011, 05:06 PM

bebby will become famous soon enough bebby will become famous soon enough
Dont worry too much i have seen what w week can do to lift incision and its unbelievable. Congrats on your surgery and you too will see the remarkable differences aswell. Xx
Old 06-26-2011, 05:36 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Can you post pictures?

I just had a a circumareolar reduction and tightenning on both areolas...I am not seeing this sort of thing on mine.

I should add some closeup pictures of them as they heal. I would love to compare with others who have had the same procedure.

I do have a little bit of the crinkling skin..more so on the left than right areola. But I don't feel they look puffy. They seem pretty flush with the breast.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM

sittin high is on a distinguished road
Mine looked the same way after my benelli lift 3 weeks later after the steri strips came off. Do you have something on your incisions right now? Or have you already took off your bandages. With that being said everybody heals at different rates and you are still very early. Mine didn't look good until about 6 weeks post op. It is best to keep your steri strips on until they fall off. This helps the incisions lay flat also.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sittin high View Post
Mine looked the same way after my benelli lift 3 weeks later after the steri strips came off. Do you have something on your incisions right now? Or have you already took off your bandages. With that being said everybody heals at different rates and you are still very early. Mine didn't look good until about 6 weeks post op. It is best to keep your steri strips on until they fall off. This helps the incisions lay flat also.
Do you mean they didn't look puffy until 3 weeks after?

How long did you wear steri strips? My ps took mine off 8 days after surgery. Then he only put 3 on each areola and said to leave those on for 3 days. I actually should be taking them off today but I am just going to leave them on until they fall off.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:33 PM

I never had steri strips and took the bandage off after 24 hrs and just put another piece of gauze over them afterward; there is nothing pressing down the nipple/incision, I wonder if there should be?? I see my PS on Tuesday and will be asking him about this; I will sh*t my pants if my nipples look like this for the rest of my life. I will have to wear gauze forever to cover up the "party hat" look they have right now
Old 06-26-2011, 07:51 PM

I had my implants two years ago, so that shouldn't be playing a role in it, I hope. I'm afraid that where it was sewn up was just too tight or something and is therefore pushing the nipple up because it has nowhere else to go; I can only pray that it settles in time, but I just don't understand how it could, physically speaking......
Old 06-26-2011, 08:23 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
Mine were puffy and shiny and looked really strange at first after my vertical lift. Now they are nice and flat and I wish my nipple would stick out....the areolas are still so stretched at 3 weeks post op that they cant really raise up yet.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:25 PM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Party hat?! Lol. First off, I love that nickname. Second off, I hate the party hat! I have the same thing going on with mine (especially righty) and I hate the way it looks. Righty has less sensation, so when it's not hard/cold it's wearing it's party hat all the time. Looks terrible in a plain tank with no bra. Let's hope it goes away in time!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 AM

When did you have your surgery? I see my PS tomorrow and will be asking him about this FOR sure!! If I had known that I would have a "party hat" look forever I would have left them as they were
Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
I had my surgery 6 weeks ago. The party-hat look didn't start happening until about week 3-4 though, not straight out of surgery. Do you have sensation in your nipples? I think it's related to that, at least for me. No party hat on my leftie, which I can fully feel. Righty I have very little/no sensation, and it's almost always wearing a party hat now. It has a very, very delayed reaction to touch/temperature etc. Let us know what your PS says, I really hope it's temporary!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 AM

Amazingly, I have sensation in both nipples and they really aren't numb or sore at all; I REALLY hope that it's just an issue of being swollen, because this is NOT an attractive look. I'm wearing gauze over them under my regular bra because you can even see it through my bra. So much for wearing tanks w/out a bra, which was my whole goal with this surgery to being with......so frustrating. I will report back after tomorrow's appointment with my PS.
Thanks for sharing details of your surgery!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 AM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
I'm a year and a half post op from a lift and augmentation. Occasionally I still get puffy nipples. Cannot complain becuase my scarring is minimum and have senation in both.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM

D0ubleCupL0ve<3 is on a distinguished road
I had an areola reduction. At first they looked like a mess! Even a month later they still looked a wreck. I'm a lil over 2monts post op and they've def come along way, but they still arent 100%. I can see the incision line all the way around. It's white and my nipples are or course pink. I'm staying away from the tanning booth because that's suposed to make scaring worse. I think once I go tanning that white lines might appear more subtle. It's suposed to take up to 6months to heal though so don't worry.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM

buffy is on a distinguished road
I had a vertical lift, and my nipples looked "mis-attached" or glued-on for about a week. They were puffy and pointing down. I'm 3.5 weeks post-op now, and they aren't puffy anymore, and as time goes on they are looking more and more normal. My nipples are still low on my breasts.

I had my steristrips on for 10 days, and my doc is having me wear medical tape on my incisions for 3 months to minimize scarring. I change the tape every 5-7 days.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:12 PM

sittin high is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bbjay View Post
Do you mean they didn't look puffy until 3 weeks after?

How long did you wear steri strips? My ps took mine off 8 days after surgery. Then he only put 3 on each areola and said to leave those on for 3 days. I actually should be taking them off today but I am just going to leave them on until they fall off.
I wore them for 3 weeks post. My ps told me to leave them till they fell off to help with my incisions. They are flat now. But they were puffy and shiney for at least 5 weeks post. After that they started looking better. Every woman heals at different rates. So it all depends on your body. I also didn't use any type of creams or anything only coco butter after steri strips came off
Old 07-03-2011, 12:48 PM

maisey_daisy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by runnergirl1975 View Post
Hi ladies!
I had a Benelli lift and am 4 days post op; I feel great but am stressing about my nipples; they're puffy and have a strange shape. The raise up from where the stitches are and I'm afraid they'll never lie flat. It looks like my boobs are wearing a little hat; it looks so weird. If freaking that they'll never lie flat and I'll be dealing with this awkward looking nipple situation forever. Any thoughts??
I had an internal suture (gortex) and this caused my skin inside of the circle of the suture to puff out. Since I had this removed about a month ago I haven't had this at all. Do you have an internal suture? I think its pretty common in lifts to keep the areola from spreading out. Good luck and hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM

WholeNewMe is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift and my nipples look puffy too. I hadn't even thought about it or noticed with all of the other things I am analyzing on my boobs. When I read this I looked down and I knew exactly what you were talking about! I'm sure it's just due to the trauma of the surgery and will end up looking normal just like everything else eventually does!