Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Wrinkly areolas

Old 06-30-2011, 10:59 AM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Wrinkly areolas

Hey So...random Q here:

Before my last benelli, when my areolas/nipples would get "hard" (erect, whatevs!) my areola would shrink and kind of wrinkle up. When not hard, the whole area would be soft and look larger. Now that I have a benelli with a permanent suture (2 months ago) my areola stays the same size regardless of whether it is "hard" or "soft" and it does not get wrinkly when the nipple gets hard. This might sound strange, but I actually really liked it when it got wrinkly and smaller. Any chance this will still happen, maybe in more time? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I think it's because the permanent suture is really holding the skin together (it probably wants to stretch out with the weight of the implant) so there is no way it can shrink up and get smaller when aroused. Just wondering if there is hope that this still might happen as I continue to heal.

Anyone else experience this and did it eventually happen? I just think my areolas would look a lot more natural if there was more change between when they're soft and hard. Right now it's only the nipple that changes, but the areola kind of stays the same no matter what.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1hummingbird For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 AM

buffy is on a distinguished road
I know what you are talking about. Your descriptions fit me exactly. Before my lift, my areola would shrink and wrinkle too. It hasn't happened once in either breast since the surgery.

I'm only 3.5 weeks out, though... hopefully you'll get more responses!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM

1hummingbird will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the replies ladies! Glad to hear I'm not all alone on this and you know what I'm talking about. I had no idea what else to call it: wrinkly areolas. Who says that? Only on JBI! Also, it totally does not sound appealing or attractive, but I miss it! It made them look "real" if that makes sense. Mine still look a little "fresh" if you know what I mean. Like, worked on. Getting better and better each day, so hopefully they will continue to heal and will start working like real areolas should (wrinkly) hehe!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
I miss it too

I just got chills and as usually quickly peeked into my bra - nada!

I want my nipples back!!! I hope your wrinkles come back soon.

x
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 AM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
OMG...my areola's used to do this too. They would all look like nipple...big fat strawberries standing straight up. I miss that!!! I had a lift and my areola's look nice and big and flat...fantastic. When my nipples get hard now it is just the small nipple part BUT I can see my areola's trying to shrink down because the puckering around them gets more noticeable. I think it will happen in time but right now they are still tight with stitches and stretched with implant. Glad I am not the only one who used to get entire areola hard-ons.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 PM

stormy river is on a distinguished road
My righty got wrinkly right off the bat, but it took my lefty a lot longer to get there!!!! My lefty can still be a little sluggish, so I work with it.

work with it, aka, play with it & get SO to help.

They will get more & more sensitive with time.
HTH
Old 07-01-2011, 12:50 PM

missjj1 is on a distinguished road
OMG Humingbird - thank you for starting this thread. I thought I was the only one with "raisin-textured" areolas when hard. LOL. But I'm the opposite. I don't really like the way they look when they're hard and have gone out of my way to hide them under bras. Before recently discovering padded bras, I used to use (and still use) those silicone nipple covers you put over the whole areola area before putting my bra on. I like them smooth! I'm having my ba done in about 3 weeks, so I'm sure I'll be going through the same thing of wanting them back. Because if having smooth areolas mean I don't have sensation, they I'll settle for having my "raisin-ettes back. LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I guess I better start playing with my nipples. Poor DH we were all set to finally do it...it has been like 6 weeks between...getting my period, surgery, yeast infections from the antibiotics and now my period again. Now he has to suffer as I play with my nipples...lol