Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Recovery and children???

Old 07-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Boonies is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Recovery and children???

I'm a stay at home mom with a wonderful six year old boy. My surgery is scheduled for August 8 with a breast lift and revision from saline (12 years ago) to silicone.

Im concerned with recovery. How have the mothers out there kept a safe distance between you and the kids during recovery? How have you explained the surgery? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM

risa will become famous soon enough
I have one 8 year old son. I first thought I would get it done while he was at school. I am also a SAHM. However, based on the calendar, I had my lift (full anchor) and aug done last week.

I didn't tell him the day I went into surgery bec he is a worrier and sensitive. I thought it would be mean to have him concerned for me at the age of 8 when he doesn't even understand what I am really doing. However, since the surgery I can say it was a blessing that I did the surgery while he was home. He has been a HUGE help reaching for things and letting our dogs out back. Not to mention, it's been nice having him here while DH is at work.

I had playdates scheduled for him from day to day so he wouldn't be bored with his summer vacation.

I did tell him I had surgery on my chest bec we are a hugging family and he isn't allowed to hug me for a little while. So he gently hugs around my neck and gives me kisses.

He also understands that what goes on in our family stays inside the home. I have XBOX to threaten otherwise, LOL!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM

lovelivelaugh is on a distinguished road
I am a SAHM. My kids are ages 2, 4, and 12. I simply just told them mommy has an ahwe (however you spell it) and to make sure you don't bump into mommies boobies. They clearly understood that and made sure of it. I did not have any serious problems. Every now and then my 2 year old will run into but did not cause any problems.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM

AnnaGrace is on a distinguished road
When I went into surgery, I had to take a picture drawn by my 6 yr old daughter, per her orders, as a gift to the PS. She had drawn and colored her own 'before and after', Mommy with saggy boobs, and Mommy with round boobs. LOL..... She is my best little friend, and there was no hiding this from her, I am also very lucky she is a super secret keeper! :-) Not to mention- The PS thought the picture was priceless :-)
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM

emmadee is on a distinguished road
I have 3 kids (1, 3 and 5). I told my oldest 2 kids that mommy is going to have surgery on her armpits (I'm getting the transax incision). It really isn't lying. I told them that I wouldn't be able to pick them up or carry them around, and they would have to be very careful around my arms and chest.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Sissy03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by emmadee View Post
I have 3 kids (1, 3 and 5). I told my oldest 2 kids that mommy is going to have surgery on her armpits (I'm getting the transax incision). It really isn't lying. I told them that I wouldn't be able to pick them up or carry them around, and they would have to be very careful around my arms and chest.
I told mine the same thing.. that mommy had armpit surgery!! But I want you to know, I have a friend who had a revision from saline to silicone and she said it was NOTHING like getting them done the first time. She was up the next day. because your muscle is already used to having the implant it won't be bad at all!!! Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 AM

Casperelly is on a distinguished road
I'm interested in the answers! I have a one year old, who will be nearly two when I have my surgery. He enjoys running at top speed to me and jumping on me when I lay down. (: He's like a playful monkey! Which is why he's mommy's monkey. hehe.
Anyway, I also have a baby sister who will be just over a year, who is VERY cuddly haah, a brother that will be 3, almost 4, who also enjoys running as fast as he can at sissy and jumping into my arms, and an 8 year old brother with Aspergers. Now, he is VERY obedient for me, not so much mom and dad, but he also understands that right now, sissy is pregnant, and can't lift him like she normally does, and can't play as rough, and that he has to be very careful with my tummy. He also understood when I told him that sometimes next year, sissy will have a very sore chest, (I'm very open with him, you can't hide anything from Mr.Genius haha) and that he would need to help me more and help with bubby and sissy, so that I don't get hurt.
That was some rant I am sooo sorry haha. Anyway, interested for more answers!
Probably should have skipped the third cup of coffee.. Hehe (:
Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM

Boonies is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to tell my son to be gentle with hugs and not to bump mom's "boonies". That's what he calls them so I just had to use it for my username.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:52 PM

sprinkles2 is on a distinguished road
I have 3 young kiddos (1,2,4) I told my girls that mommy was having her chest fixed. It was tough on my one year old because he likes to cuddle before night night time. But my girls were good and patient with me, I think the first week is the hardest as far as recovery. But by the second week I was picking up my baby and playing with my girls (basically resuming mommys daily chores). Ive got hardly any pain now (just when I try to sleep). You'll be ok. Be patient with youself and your kiddo,