Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes

recovery time after anchor lift withe implants

Reply Subscribe
Old 09-29-2011, 03:53 PM

mom2000 is on a distinguished road
recovery time after anchor lift withe implants

Hi, I am having and anchor lift with 305 cc unders. I was told recovery would a long weekend. I am going in a Friday and returning to work the next wednesday. Does this seem realistic with all that is being done? WHat is anyones experience been like.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
That seems a little short. I originally took only 4 days (F-M) and ended up not going back until the following Thursday.

Also depends on how much pain you are in post op. I was out of it for the first few days, stopped taking the pain meds on day 4 made my head so foggy.

Was really sore for the first week. I would try my hardest to get a few extra days to recover.

Sunshinekat817 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to laineycakes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I have no heart, we removed it to make room for my boobs!

Adorabletwins is on a distinguished road
I had a full lift and 400cc under the muscle on a monday and went back to work on Saturday. I didnt last all day, I really think I should have taken a full 7-10 days.

Sunshinekat817 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adorabletwins For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM

My boss is pretty understanding, she agreeded that we would see how how I feel. I really hate sitting around, I like being active. I just hope I can make myself rest. I keep reading about a strap that people wear post op, it sounds like that is a pain!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:12 PM

AKADrea will become famous soon enough
I guess it depends on what your job is - I'm an RN so I took off 10 days, wishing I took off a whole 2 weeks. I'm still sore and work night shift (supposed to start back tonight at 11pm) and I'm not looking forward to it. I think after a week I'd be OK in an office.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKADrea For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM

I work in an Ortho. office in accounting. I sit ALL day anyway. I have not told anyone except for my manager so I will be in hiding in my office. Some people do not understand why I would want to do this. AS far as the incision site, what type of care does that require?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Bellamondo will become famous soon enough
I would go for at least a week....
The Following User Says Thank You to Bellamondo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM

Michelle100 is on a distinguished road
Full Anchor Lift

I had them done on Thursday and returned to work the next Tuesday. I thought 5 days was enough for a desk job. It's is any type of work where you have to be up moving around I would probably take an extra couple of days off. If you have the time there is no reason to rush it. Even after 5 days off I was still fatigued for another week after that.

Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle100 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM

happygirl74 is on a distinguished road
For me, I needed a full 10 days off and I was still very uncomfortable but managed.

Last edited by JBI_BA_Info; 10-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl74 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 07:37 PM

BlondeQT is on a distinguished road
I'm on week 3 and still get achy and my nipples hurt every time I get cold and I get tired faster than I used to.

I don't think I was back to my full self until this week. I stopped pain pills after 4 days, but I think it took a week to get the anesthesia out of my system By the second week I was much better and was able to to build my stamina. I mean I felt fine..... but my incisions hurt so I haven't been able to do all that I did before... yet.

You should take an entire week off - or more, if you can. Every one is different. Some heal faster than others.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeQT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Happy2BahG

AzAng is on a distinguished road
I took off a full 2 weeks and very glad I did. I wish you the best.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
I took a full two weeks off and even when I was back at my desk on week three I was tired and it hurt to move my arms.

I think I was a slow healer (I still get stabbing pains in Miss Lefty and I am post op 4 months!!)

Everyone is different and really until you get it done you wont know how much you can do and how soon. I would err on the side of caution and take as much time as you can.

You will have limited mobility and I read on here that one of the ladies told co-workers she had minor surgery on her rotator cuff to explain why she couldnt move her arms. Brilliant idea if you want to keep it a secret.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts on this. I will probably take it one day at a a time! Thanks for the idea about the minor surgery scenario! You guys are really awesome! I think I will be addicted this this site!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 PM

benzenecocktail is on a distinguished road
You gotta take into account arm weakness too. Will you be typing or writing a lot? My handwriting went down the toilet for a solid 2 weeks post op because my pec muscles were useless. Talk about unexpected side effects! Typing was surprisingly difficult too. Anything that used my hands/arms sucked and really tired me out. You will need to nap during the day. And eat frequently. Maybe think about going in for a couple half-days to see how you do. I definitely didn't think the surgery would be as hard as it was. You will be tired and uncomfortable. You will not want to work. Trust me. Be kind to your body!! If you do too much too soon, it could delay the dropping of your implants. Even little stuff like repeatedly reaching across a desk for a phone. Stuff like that. At 2.5 weeks post-op I got sick and threw up, and it caused bleeding in my left breast. Now I might get capsular contracture, we have to wait and see. So, just shows that you can damage things even if you're feeling better (I was already back at work at that point). Be careful and take care of yourself!
The Following User Says Thank You to benzenecocktail For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM

goodgal is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift with 550cc silicone unders 4 weeks ago. I stopped taking pain meds on day 2. I do not work outside the home but I did not want to do anything or go anywhere for the first two weeks but still had a family of five and horses to take care of. I managed but it has been tough. I think i may have overdone it and am dealing with a small hematoma and I'm always tired. Be careful and good luck to you
The Following User Says Thank You to goodgal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Angela79 is on a distinguished road
I only work behind a desk with not a whole lot of physical movement and I am back to work today (day 5 post op). I am a bit sluggish, but doing just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angela79 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 AM
On the long road to recovery :)

BluePlanet is on a distinguished road
Amazing to be back at work for some so quickly . I think it also has to do with pain tolerance. Some ladies may not be in as much pain as others because they normally are tough when it comes to feeling pain. I like to think I have a high tolerance. But I think it's because I had to deal through a alot of past pains to take care of my little angels, I can not be drugged up and breast feed.. Therefore my csection recovery had to be drug free. Same with my gallbladder removal. Lol I had just came off of maternity leave my job was not hearing it! I had to have surgery that Thursday and back to work on Saturday. mind you my daughter was only 3months old so you know all the ups and downs with the feedings lol. Hope that has prepared me for next week lmao!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost time!!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM
On the long road to recovery :)

BluePlanet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mom2000 View Post
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts on this. I will probably take it one day at a a time! Thanks for the idea about the minor surgery scenario! You guys are really awesome! I think I will be addicted this this site!
I'm addicted already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost time!!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM

GermanBabe is on a distinguished road
I had surgery on a Friday and went back to work the next Monday!
I am a nurse and I worked a 12-hour shift Monday and Tuesday. I took 1/2 a pain pill (hydrocodone) both mornings and I did okay.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM

AKADrea will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GermanBabe View Post
I had surgery on a Friday and went back to work the next Monday!
I am a nurse and I worked a 12-hour shift Monday and Tuesday. I took 1/2 a pain pill (hydrocodone) both mornings and I did okay.
You are crazy!!! (not in a bad way!) There's no way I'd be back at work then!!! (and I'm an RN too)
Reply Subscribe