Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Benelli or Lollipop????

Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM

Minla is on a distinguished road
Benelli or Lollipop????

I was told by one PS that I might need a lollipop or benelli lift, he wont know exactly until these implants I have are out. From the puckering and streching scars I have heard about after a benelli I was almost thinking of opting for a lollipop. Anyone have advice and anyone have either one of these?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM

LisaPSL is on a distinguished road
Smile

I had a benelli lift, saline implants and a nipple reduction and I did not have puckering or stretching scars. I am really pleased at the way mine look. Recovery has been a bit harder...but oh so worth it in the end. Good Luck!!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Both the benelli and the lollipop involve making incisions all the way around the areola, so you'd have the same chance of puckering with either one. the lollipop is the same as a benelli only it includes a vertical incision from the areola down, for the PS to remove extra skin and create a tighter envelope, whereas the benelli only lifts the areola. It just depends on the degree of ptosis you have. HTH
Old 07-28-2007, 10:53 AM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
Also, the amount of puckering will depend on how thin your skin is. I have very thin skin, so I had more puckering than most. Of course, I don't now, since both of my circumareolar stitches have been removed, due to infection. My body just rejected them. I didn't mind the puckering. I was just so happy to have smaller areolas.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAINAZ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Smile

Amen on the smaller areolas...ha ME TOO
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Happy Holidays!

elizabethmc is on a distinguished road
Said it quite nicely

Both the other ladies said it quite nicely about the lifts and the possibility of puckering. Rubbing vitamin e oil (with PS permission) is very good for the scars of a Benelli...this is what I did, I had one and have thin skin but didn't have any puckering or problems but the scars did take a year to flatten and fade, so you have to be patient sometimes....
The Following User Says Thank You to elizabethmc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I happen to like larger areolas, but I understand it's all subjective and a personal choice. Just wanted to throw that out there...cause I feel sometimes that PS's and such put too much influence and emphasis on this, and I've known women that never gave it a second thought until some PS said they should have thiers reduced. Large areolas, to me, make sense on large breasts, and I know a LOT of men would agree. I went on 5 consults, and one recommended an areolar reduction (a female PS) and I thought my husband was going to fall off his chair saying "don't even THINK about it" LOL. Anyway...just wanted to rep for those of us that have them and love them because I don't want young women that come on here feeling like their large areolas are "bad" and that men wouldn't like them. I mean if they really don't like them then fine..reduce 'em! But ..ah..you know what I mean. http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...distortion.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by elizabethmc View Post
Both the other ladies said it quite nicely about the lifts and the possibility of puckering. Rubbing vitamin e oil (with PS permission) is very good for the scars of a Benelli...this is what I did, I had one and have thin skin but didn't have any puckering or problems but the scars did take a year to flatten and fade, so you have to be patient sometimes....

Hi, just curious...at what point did your PS said it was cool to go ahead and use the vitamin E oil? I am contemplating a crescent lift with my redo, and have never had areolar incisions so I don't know when it's ok to start putting scar help on them. Thanks! (ps..you look SO awesome!)
Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 AM

JayDee is on a distinguished road
Benelli lift and BA: I'm just past one month out and have just a small bit of puckering left and my incision site is hardly noticeable already!!!

I am having other complications--major bummer. I wask looking at them thinking they would be looking so good were it not for spot on one that's not keeping with the program.

Dare--my husband too!! When I first told him this his biggest concern was leaving my areola area the same size. I said I could make them smaller. He let me know, without question, he likes large areolas.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
I happen to like larger areolas, but I understand it's all subjective and a personal choice. Just wanted to throw that out there...cause I feel sometimes that PS's and such put too much influence and emphasis on this, and I've known women that never gave it a second thought until some PS said they should have thiers reduced. Large areolas, to me, make sense on large breasts, and I know a LOT of men would agree. I went on 5 consults, and one recommended an areolar reduction (a female PS) and I thought my husband was going to fall off his chair saying "don't even THINK about it" LOL. Anyway...just wanted to rep for those of us that have them and love them because I don't want young women that come on here feeling like their large areolas are "bad" and that men wouldn't like them. I mean if they really don't like them then fine..reduce 'em! But ..ah..you know what I mean. http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...distortion.jpg
I apologize. I wasn't hating on women with larger areolas. I have a fairly small implant and so if I had not reduced my areolas, they would have taken over my entire boob. They did prior to my BA. I've always hated that. It's a proportion issue. There are beautiful breasts out there with larger areolas. Mine were just freakin' huge. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Smile No worries!

Nope..you didn't offend me at all. I just wanted younger girls that come on here researching to hear from someone that believes large areolas are beautiful, and that, in my experience at least, men very often agree, so they wouldn't assume everyone thinks areolas should be a specific cookie cutter size, and then feel pressure to have additional (reduction) surgery, unless THEY find them unattractive themselves.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:01 AM

Large areolas

My areolas were huge also for my breast size. I would have compared them to 2 pieces of bologna. I was thrilled that they could even be reduced. The thought of getting implants with my huge nips and then standing the chance of them even stretching bigger was unacceptable for me. Dare...yours look perfect for your breast size. No offense to anyone..totally personal choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaPSL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by LisaPSL View Post
My areolas were huge also for my breast size. I would have compared them to 2 pieces of bologna. I was thrilled that they could even be reduced. The thought of getting implants with my huge nips and then standing the chance of them even stretching bigger was unacceptable for me. Dare...yours look perfect for your breast size. No offense to anyone..totally personal choice.
OMG! Two pieces of bologna! LMAO! I can so relate!

I so needed a laugh today. THANK YOU! I haven't laughed in a long while.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by LisaPSL View Post
OMG...that's hysterical..how cute are you?! I guess mine were more like large pepperoni's
Old 08-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Smile

HAHAHAHA thats what I have now after surgery....PEPPERONI'S I traded in the Bologna!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaPSL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM

bikini4me is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dare View Post

Hi, just curious...at what point did your PS said it was cool to go ahead and use the vitamin E oil? I am contemplating a crescent lift with my redo, and have never had areolar incisions so I don't know when it's ok to start putting scar help on them. Thanks! (ps..you look SO awesome!)
could you explain why you would do a crescent lift and what that is? I will be getting a ba w/ a lift and I have a lot of sagging but my DH is worried about the scars w/ a lollipop lift.
you girls are hilarious! my aerola is huge too, not pepperoni size but not quite as big as bologna but close! ROFL! My DH doesn't want their size compromised!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM

As with areolar size, there are varying opinions on lifts too. It's a personal choice. What is your priority? If sagging is really troublesome to you then a more aggressive lift like a lollipop or full anchor, along with the inevitable scarring, is worth it. The scarring does fade to white for most women by the end of the first year. I've known quite a few women that happily traded sag for scarring.

Having said that, like your DH mine was not for it. When I went for my consults I wasn't technically saggy, my nipple was still above the crease line, but I was deflated from nursing and looked droopy. I remember him saying it was my choice, but his preference was no lift. His ex-wife had had a reduction with a full anchor lift and he said the scars were still pretty visible, though faded, 12 years later. He and I both would prefer a bit of droop over scars, but like I said..it's just personal preference.

In my case, the larger HP implants gave me back fullness and a lot of lift, my breasts aren't saggy, but if I get a redo to larger diameter without lowering the crease my areolas will likely be a tad low, so I'm considering a crescent lift.

Crescent lifts are the least invasive kind of lift. They cut a crescent shaped bit of skin above the areola out and lift the areola up and reattach. It lifts ONLY the areola, not the actual breast. This type of incision heals quickly and near to invisibility. Scars on the breast show up more than those on the areola because of the color of areolas.

A lollipop lift is in between a crescent and full anchor. It involves an incision all the way around the areola to lift it, and a vertical incision from the areola down to remove extra skin/tissue. In a full anchor lift this is done as well, and there is a horizontal crease incision to remove even more skin/tissue.

HTH
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM

bikini4me is on a distinguished road
I supposed it'll just depend on how much the breast can be lifted w/ the implant. Good info though, thank you!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:52 PM

You're very welcome
Old 08-05-2007, 03:54 PM

JayDee is on a distinguished road
Benelli. Incisions only around areola.
The Following User Says Thank You to JayDee For This Useful Post: