Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

donut lift/ nipple reduction question

Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 AM

*turbo* will become famous soon enough
donut lift/ nipple reduction question

Hi Ladies,
wondering if anyone has heard of this....When having a Donut Lift with a nipple reduction AND Implants, Did your PS tell you that there could be a chance that the weight of the implant would cause the nipples to re stretch to a larger diameter during healing? I am wondering how common this might be.
The Following User Says Thank You to *turbo* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM

sunflower24 is on a distinguished road
My ps didn't tell me this but I would like to know the answer as well. I don't want mine to re-stretch! Yuck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower24 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Getting girls is on a distinguished road
Yikes! Good question! I had a donut lift along with him making my areola smaller and implants. He didn't say a single thing to me about this being a possibility or not. Im hoping it isn't, otherwise it seems it would be a waste of time to reduce the size of the areola in the fist place!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 PM

I hope some others might answer this. I was on a consult last week and the PS mentioned that it was a possibility for the areola to stretch out from the weight of the implant with the benelli lift. They said you can have a revision after the fact if it did to down size the areolas again if this was the case and that it wouldn't be that invasive. Just a local numbing done right in the office.

He suggested me getting the lift first and to let that heal and get the implant later. OR He was trying to lean me toward an anchor lift saying that there would be less pressure on the areola incision because there would be multiple incisions and it would prevent that from happening. I thought that was an extreme version of being cautious.

I guess I am just wondering how common it is for the areola to re-stretch after the lift and if this is something I need to worry about.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM

ShirleyT is on a distinguished road
I imagine this is possible whenever anyone gets breast implants, since the implant itself will always cause stretching over time. I don't think it is common though, since I don't hear a lot of people complaining on this forum about increasing areolas after breast implants, even in people with larger implants. Plus, if that is the only issue you get over time, it should be able to be easily fixed under local, so i personally would not worry about this at all or let this influence your decision one way or another. I really don't think you need a full anchor lift based on your photos or measurements. I would stick with donut and scarring will be much better.

My PS did tell me that with my terrible tissues (i had a lot of sagging and needed full anchor) i will probably need another full breast lift in 10 years to keep my breasts somewhat perky. i'll probably replace my implants at that time as well. Ahh, the maintenance of breast surgery..........
The Following User Says Thank You to ShirleyT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ShirleyT View Post
I imagine this is possible whenever anyone gets breast implants, since the implant itself will always cause stretching over time. I don't think it is common though, since I don't hear a lot of people complaining on this forum about increasing areolas after breast implants, even in people with larger implants. Plus, if that is the only issue you get over time, it should be able to be easily fixed under local, so i personally would not worry about this at all or let this influence your decision one way or another. I really don't think you need a full anchor lift based on your photos or measurements. I would stick with donut and scarring will be much better.

My PS did tell me that with my terrible tissues (i had a lot of sagging and needed full anchor) i will probably need another full breast lift in 10 years to keep my breasts somewhat perky. i'll probably replace my implants at that time as well. Ahh, the maintenance of breast surgery..........
ShirleyT!! I can always count on you girl for all my lift advice!! Thank YOU! I really appreciate your answer. I didn't think it was all that common, but I wanted to be sure. I think he was trying to "sell" the full anchor in a way...considering it was $5K more...I just got that feeling. Maybe he wasn't and just trying to give me the best possible result.

I think we will always have maintenance as ladies....Nails, Hair, Boobs......keeping it perky is what I strive for! I am willing to pay the price to feel good about me. I can't wait to fix these saggy's up!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM

sunflower24 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turbofiremama View Post
I hope some others might answer this. I was on a consult last week and the PS mentioned that it was a possibility for the areola to stretch out from the weight of the implant with the benelli lift. They said you can have a revision after the fact if it did to down size the areolas again if this was the case and that it wouldn't be that invasive. Just a local numbing done right in the office.

He suggested me getting the lift first and to let that heal and get the implant later. OR He was trying to lean me toward an anchor lift saying that there would be less pressure on the areola incision because there would be multiple incisions and it would prevent that from happening. I thought that was an extreme version of being cautious.

I guess I am just wondering how common it is for the areola to re-stretch after the lift and if this is something I need to worry about.
I'm doing mine in two separate surgeries, but will still be getting another aerolar incision, I really hope they don't stretch!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower24 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Chad

chad is on a distinguished road
Mine have streched... No lift just implant. I breast fed and think that made them more susceptible to getting bigger. They are also lighter??!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM
The girls are here!!

coco_chanel is on a distinguished road
Hi Ladies,
wondering if anyone has heard of this....When having a Donut Lift with a nipple reduction AND Implants, Did your PS tell you that there could be a chance that the weight of the implant would cause the nipples to re stretch to a larger diameter during healing? I am wondering how common this might be.
My PS mentioned this at my consult and this is actually one of the questions on my list to ask him tomorrow. I am getting a pretty conservative size implant and if I recall this is one of the reasons he does not want to go too big. I am really hoping it doesn't happen though! I do think it also depends on the individual. In looking at before and after pics on different sites, I have seen some areola's that definitely got bigger after their BA and with or without a lift... and other ladies that got rather large upgrades and no stretching...go figure!
The Following User Says Thank You to coco_chanel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Dr. Revis is MY HERO! <3

PAMom is on a distinguished road
Yes it is very possible to have stretching or misshaping of the areola with or without a lift as any incision/scar/trauma to the skin allows for changes or stretching in that area.

My one friend had a full anchor lift without implants and the surgeon told her she probably would need another surgery to perfect the areola. She literally had the largest areoles I have ever seen! They covered almost her entire breast! It's been almost a year now and they look perfect. Every persons body will heal differently and react in varying ways.

Now I just need to convince her to get implants! She lost almost all of her boobies! Lol.

I just had a revision yesterday with Dr. Revis and we were talking about my small crescent lift on my left side. My slight sag was very minor but enough so that it allowed the final result to look a bit lopsided. He said it was good that my lift was going to be very minor as it allows for a better chance of healing because there isn't a lot of skin removed which means it won't have much pressure or stretching of the areola that could cause it to misshapen.

Hth!!
The Following User Says Thank You to PAMom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM

London53 is on a distinguished road
I am about a year out with a donut lift. I asked about nipple stretching. My doctor put in a permanent suture so that they would not stretch. I am also a 34 F and have not seen any stretching at all. But I can still fill a ring around my nipple. CAn't see it and it doesn't bother me at all. You can only feel it if you push around my nipples- feels like there is a fishing string under there!
The Following User Says Thank You to London53 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM

sittin high is on a distinguished road
I would like to say that my ps didn't even mention that they could stretch back out. My left one didn't but my right one did. But it isn't too bad. You can look at my private album and see the difference. I am 11 months post in the pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to sittin high For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 07:06 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Not really...Mine did get bigger as they dropped..but still smaller or at least the boob to areola ratio is way better no matter what. I am only 5 months out though.

I wish he told me there was a decent chance of gettign snoopy deformity. I hate that...I mean it was still worth it to me. But it makes me self concious a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbjay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 PM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Like Jenna mentioned I had the donut lift as well as areola reduction. Definitely so happy with it, especially when I compare it to what I had before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 PM

Iris has a spectacular aura Iris has a spectacular aura
Hi Ladies,
This sounds pretty much like what I had done. I had a benelli lift (donut) with both nipple and areola reductions. It's been over three years and there has been very little areola stretching.

BTW...I am one of the few here who does not wear a bra 24/7. I didn't have to wear one most of my adult life, somehow after BA, I just never warmed up to them!