Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By principessa

What to expect (med wise) after a BL only....

Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM

105 is on a distinguished road
What to expect (med wise) after a BL only....

The day is near, and my PS just called in all of my meds. I went to pick them up at the pharmacy and it made me question some things. For those of you who have had a lift done as a seperate procedure, how was the pain? For those of you who had both BL and BA together, how was the pain? I was imagining an easier recovery than what has been talked about regularly on this board because I am having 1 procedure done at different times (BA to come at a later date) I am now re-thinking this though after picking up Percocet, Diazepam, Zofran and Cipro. Now I know the Cipro is an antibiotic and Zofran an anti-nausea, but will I really need both the Percocet and the Diazepam? Please share your experiences with me.

Thanks gals!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
R&B Lover

R&B Lover will become famous soon enough
I took vicodin for 2 days then switched to tylenol. Of course had the antibiotics also, but that was it. I had anti nausea in my iv I think. Honestly the pain was very managable. I had ba and bl at same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to R&B Lover For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 06:54 PM

motherof2punks is on a distinguished road
Diazepam =Valium. Maybe the ps wants you to take it the night before to help you relax and on the morning of surgery for the same thing?
For me, I had percocet ordered both for post BA and for post BL. The pain was worse with the BA but the incisions/scars were f'ing with me initially after BL so I was medicating for that! (and to help sleep, i like to sleep on my side and the incisions pulled too much) I def didn't need anything for nausea but everyone is different. Being a nurse, I know sometimes the surgeons order everything so they won't be called for it. They order it just in case.
I think you will be uncomfortable for a few days but be surprised at how easy the recovery will be! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to motherof2punks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 PM

prettypenny is on a distinguished road
I was prescribed OxyContin (that sounds awful) I have a bad reaction to Vicodin.
Valium as well as anti nausea and antibiotics. The first couple days I was laid out. Instead of the pain meds I took the anti nausea because it acted like a sleeping pill and sleeping is the best way to heal. I had sme rough days to be honest. I was alone a lot and probably tried to do more than I should but never really used the heavy meds. Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to prettypenny For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
DD's and loving them!

principessa is on a distinguished road
Just received my lift today and the pain isn't unbearable. It just feels like constant stinging. I took two percocets an hour ago and feel pretty good right now. I can get up on my own, (though I only had a lift on one side) and do everything for myself. I'm so excited to see the final results! Good luck! (:

105 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to principessa For This Useful Post: