Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By istillexist
  • 2 Post By istillexist
  • 2 Post By epoo82
  • 1 Post By i love my dog
  • 1 Post By CheetahLovr
  • 2 Post By i love my dog
  • 1 Post By professor34DD

post lift/aug weight training

Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 AM

i love my dog is on a distinguished road
post lift/aug weight training

Hi--

December 13th was my day! So, Iím closing in on 3 month mark... Whew...

Iím looking for opinions about how weight training ďfeelsĒ. For Lift/Aug women (with unders). I still feel ďinjury type painĒ (donít know how else to describe it) when attempting bench/pushups. Iím going super light (just the bar--and I used to put the 25 pound plates on!) and have no intention to go heavy. I feel the implants moving from time to time--but what Iím feeling is more toward non-muscular pain (not intense--but pain nonetheless...).

Even Lat Pulldowns, Dumbbell rows most back exercises feel painfully weird, shoulder raises, also. I would like to be able to lift heavy on Bent over Rows and Deadlifts. Even Triís and Biceps feel weird. I used to do 25lbs curls and yesterday did 20ís and could only do about 6 reps before bumping it down to 15s.

The twins are really nice and soft, but I think I have to drop a little more. Upper and cleavage part of the pecs are still tight over the muscle. Does this change? Hoping that my cleavage will close in a little.

I guess my question really is--when does the surgery pain all go away?

Thanks for your insight!

Astroís Mom
425/450 silicone unders
5í8Ē 143 lbs
currently 34D
12/13/11

I think that the Maidenform extra coverage t-shirt bra is the greatest bra ever invented!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
"Everything you can imagine is real." -Pablo Picasso

istillexist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by i love my dog View Post
Hi--

December 13th was my day! So, Iím closing in on 3 month mark... Whew...

Iím looking for opinions about how weight training ďfeelsĒ. For Lift/Aug women (with unders). I still feel ďinjury type painĒ (donít know how else to describe it) when attempting bench/pushups. Iím going super light (just the bar--and I used to put the 25 pound plates on!) and have no intention to go heavy. I feel the implants moving from time to time--but what Iím feeling is more toward non-muscular pain (not intense--but pain nonetheless...).

Even Lat Pulldowns, Dumbbell rows most back exercises feel painfully weird, shoulder raises, also. I would like to be able to lift heavy on Bent over Rows and Deadlifts. Even Triís and Biceps feel weird. I used to do 25lbs curls and yesterday did 20ís and could only do about 6 reps before bumping it down to 15s.

The twins are really nice and soft, but I think I have to drop a little more. Upper and cleavage part of the pecs are still tight over the muscle. Does this change? Hoping that my cleavage will close in a little.

I guess my question really is--when does the surgery pain all go away?

Thanks for your insight!

Astroís Mom
425/450 silicone unders
5í8Ē 143 lbs
currently 34D
12/13/11

I think that the Maidenform extra coverage t-shirt bra is the greatest bra ever invented!
It totally goes away. I lift heavy too and have partial unders with strattice. I am finally back near my pre-op levels. What I found helps the most (and I mean it made a HUGE difference for me) was to wear a really tight underwire bra and then top it off with a snug sports bra. The encapsulation of the breast and dissected muscle seems to impact your body's ability to expend energy through those muscles. Rather than wasting it smooshing the implant, the force redirects and allows you to push through. Maybe it is just me, but it made the difference between being only able to do girly push-ups and returning to full on sets of real push-ups in one week.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to istillexist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 AM

Thanks Istillexist!

Cross fit is great!!! I’m sure that there are a lot of cross fit women out there who have been in our situation. Did you see the cross fit games? I saw some that had great curves... Then again--there were a few women with very manly chests. But they had beautiful strong muscles!

How long did you experience any “pain” related to the surgery? You are about 2 months ahead of me... My PS told me that I would be back to my old self in 6 weeks (just with less strength--he warned me about that). Cardio wise, 6 weeks yes... Lifting--not even close.

I’m doing more triceps pushups these days (mostly girly). I have the underarmor zip up bra and the boobs just get locked into place and they don’t move. (But the side boob gets in the way all the time, though). I’m going to give your strategy a try! Gonna break out the TRX and try chest presses. I don’t know when I’ll be brave enough to try a chest fly!

Post lifting--I run to the bathroom stall and push the girls inward and down. Not sure if it will make a difference in the long run, but what the heck? Do you do this, too?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM

Oh my gosh!!! Did the tight underwire and jog bra combo (just a pull over the head type)... It worked!!! Not 100%, but a gazillion times improvement. Thanks a million zillion! I wonder why the underarmour bra feels so tight and yet it feels so different from this combo?

The Following User Says Thank You to i love my dog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 02:38 PM
"Everything you can imagine is real." -Pablo Picasso

istillexist is on a distinguished road
Thanks Istillexist!

Cross fit is great!!! Iím sure that there are a lot of cross fit women out there who have been in our situation. Did you see the cross fit games? I saw some that had great curves... Then again--there were a few women with very manly chests. But they had beautiful strong muscles!

How long did you experience any ďpainĒ related to the surgery? You are about 2 months ahead of me... My PS told me that I would be back to my old self in 6 weeks (just with less strength--he warned me about that). Cardio wise, 6 weeks yes... Lifting--not even close.

Iím doing more triceps pushups these days (mostly girly). I have the underarmor zip up bra and the boobs just get locked into place and they donít move. (But the side boob gets in the way all the time, though). Iím going to give your strategy a try! Gonna break out the TRX and try chest presses. I donít know when Iíll be brave enough to try a chest fly!

Post lifting--I run to the bathroom stall and push the girls inward and down. Not sure if it will make a difference in the long run, but what the heck? Do you do this, too?

I was in a ton of pain because I had a TT two weeks later, LOL! I also had complications with my incisions opening because I have really thin skin. They are still spitting sutures and opening but I am just dealing with it. I wasn't able to start training again until January but everything has been gravy ever since I got past that first few weeks of weirdness. Still not back to preop level but getting close. I don't buy the hype about working out jacking up the implants either. I think that 1 hour a week of intense chest work in the gym has far less chance of messing them up than whatever it is you do in your everyday life and we are not expected to change that, so why mess with the gym time either? Just my opinion though. I told my surgeon that I lifted weights and he said that was fine, so do female body builders.

I decided to put off crossfit for another few months so I can build up my upper body strength. I have wussy shoulders and am focusing hard on them. I also run, so i don't have time to do all three right now!

SO HAPPY that the bra thing worked for you! It just dawned on me the other day that maybe I should try restraining the muscle because it felt like the force was going up instead of out, and huzzah! it worked! That means I need to tell other people! haha! I literally went from 3 push ups to 30 push ups, so I know something is going on!

i love my dog and srw2009 like this.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM

epoo82 is on a distinguished road
I'm glad to see this post. Please update on how progressing back up to your weights goes! I have been a CrossFitter for over 2 years now and it's going to drive me crazy having to go back to modifying everything. I'm just going to take it slow and I'm determined to get back to all of my heavy weights, pushups, pullups handstand pushups, and all that jazz!

CheetahLovr and Camero11 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to epoo82 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM

epoo82--you will have to try istillexist’s 2 bra trick (both underwire and compression type) when the time comes. Made a huge difference for me today. Less pain in the incision area. I can’t wait to try it again tomorrow!!!

2 1/2 months out--the scars look better and better everyday, but sometimes I think I need a good smack upside the head to accept the fact that there was some major surgery done.

Good luck on the shoulder work, istillexist. You've had some major work done! Geesh--and all that strength training!!! What a great gift you’ve given yourself!!!

What is strattice?

srw2009 likes this.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM

CheetahLovr is on a distinguished road
Oh my gosh, I am so glad I found this thread! This is one of my biggest fears, that my BL/BA will have a huge impact on my working out and weight training. I'm going to go nuts waiting the 3 months before I can attempt any chest exercises, but i don't want to mess anything up. My surgery is just about 2 weeks away! I think I could go without chest exercises (after a BA it doesn't seem so important) but I would die if I couldn't do my shoulder and back exercises! I've been doing weights for yeeeaarrs!

Is there a specific model of UnderArmor bra that is better? It's funny but since I've had kids, I always wear an underwire bra under my workout tank to they gym, just because regular workout tops just makes my boobs look like pancakes, which I *hate*. I shouldn't have any problems doing this post-op... once I'm cleared for underwire that is.

srw2009 likes this.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 AM

Hey cheetah!

Underarmor zip up bra. Seriously heavy duty. My PS required me to bring a front closure jog bra to the surgery. This was the one I chose and the one that they put on me right after the job was done. They really don’t move much in that bra.

For some reason or other... when working out. the double bra thing (with tight underwire under a pull over compression bra) works so much better. Since getting the 2 bra advice from istillexist, I’m 100% comfortable with cranking shoulders, tri’s, back and biceps. I think I’m just going to stay away from chest (except light and then maybe then just emphasize the tri’s involvement instead of the pec’s).

Ironic that I spent years trying to keep those chest muscles tight and strong--somehow I thought that it was going to lift the boobs. HA! Now I just want them to relax.

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how you make out!!!

diablolica and srw2009 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to i love my dog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 AM

diablolica is on a distinguished road
Is it pathetic I'm seriously counting down the days until I can do upper body again??
Really...
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM

epoo82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by diablolica View Post
Is it pathetic I'm seriously counting down the days until I can do upper body again??
Really...
Not at all... I'm starting to feel withdrawls. I'm not even a week post-op and want to start doing some squats or SOMETHING! I can't believe how much I am longing to do a push-up. This is going to be an agonizing wait lol
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM
No more padded bras!!

Camero11 is on a distinguished road
2 wks and counting for BL/BA

It's at my two week count down for my BL/BA and kind of interested in how long it took some of you to get back into the gym? I'm a gym rat and kind of anxious about missing the workouts and loss of strength. Any tips for this newbie?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:40 AM

CheetahLovr is on a distinguished road
Hey cheetah!

Underarmor zip up bra. Seriously heavy duty. My PS required me to bring a front closure jog bra to the surgery. This was the one I chose and the one that they put on me right after the job was done. They really donít move much in that bra.

For some reason or other... when working out. the double bra thing (with tight underwire under a pull over compression bra) works so much better. Since getting the 2 bra advice from istillexist, Iím 100% comfortable with cranking shoulders, triís, back and biceps. I think Iím just going to stay away from chest (except light and then maybe then just emphasize the triís involvement instead of the pecís).

Ironic that I spent years trying to keep those chest muscles tight and strong--somehow I thought that it was going to lift the boobs. HA! Now I just want them to relax.

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how you make out!!!
Thanks for that, i love my dog! I'll be looking into those UnderArmor zip ups. Last thing we wanna be doing is messing up the masterpieces our surgeons put together. So glad you found this solution. I'll be waking up with an bra on that my surgeon provides, and I have to wear that for the first 2 weeks 24/7. I think I'm cleared for underwire at 6 weeks? I probably won't be cleared for upper body weights though for a couple of months or so. I'm getting nervous... 2 days away!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 AM

Is today the day, Cheetah lover?! Best of luck to you and enjoy the rest and let your body and soul be calm for the recovery...

FYI--my workout update... I still can’t do tri pushdowns and Lat pull downs--freak me out! They are so weird and I feel the implants moving all over the place. I can do tri kickbacks, there is a little movement, but nothing like the pushdowns. They are worse than trying to do bench press. I can’t imagine ever being able to do a chest fly--I want the twins to be close together and not further apart!

That being said--TRX workouts have been going great. Although PS gave no restrictions at all regarding workouts--going slowly into chest world. I miss bench press. One of my personal goals was to bench my weight. I think I have to cross that off the list now. I’m just thrilled that I’m now able to crank bicep curls--they moved the girls around alot until I changed the bra situation. I can low row, deadlift & hang clean (no press) without any problem. Still not at my pre lift/aug weight, though. But, dang... I look great! So, who cares!!!!!

For people who had implants under the muscle with lift--when did you get used to it? When did you feel like you and the boobs are one?

Have a great day!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM

professor34DD is on a distinguished road
Is today the day, Cheetah lover?! Best of luck to you and enjoy the rest and let your body and soul be calm for the recovery...

FYI--my workout update... I still canít do tri pushdowns and Lat pull downs--freak me out! They are so weird and I feel the implants moving all over the place. I can do tri kickbacks, there is a little movement, but nothing like the pushdowns. They are worse than trying to do bench press. I canít imagine ever being able to do a chest fly--I want the twins to be close together and not further apart!

That being said--TRX workouts have been going great. Although PS gave no restrictions at all regarding workouts--going slowly into chest world. I miss bench press. One of my personal goals was to bench my weight. I think I have to cross that off the list now. Iím just thrilled that Iím now able to crank bicep curls--they moved the girls around alot until I changed the bra situation. I can low row, deadlift & hang clean (no press) without any problem. Still not at my pre lift/aug weight, though. But, dang... I look great! So, who cares!!!!!

For people who had implants under the muscle with lift--when did you get used to it? When did you feel like you and the boobs are one?

Have a great day!!!!
Thank you so much for posting this thread!! Before my BA/BL I had been doing P90X and P90X+. I have been concerned about all the push-ups and pull-ups associated with those workouts. MY PS said nothing heavier than 10lbs for three months. At about 4 weeks, I started with the tread mill...at about six weeks I added some Hip Hop abs and the Ab ripper workout. I have added super light weights to the Hip Hop abs total body workout along with girly on my knees pushups. I am closing in on the three month period and want to know what to expect. I was doing way heavier weights with Chalene Extreme but went a bit lighter for P90X stuff. I am wondering about the boobs feeling like part of me too. I still feel a bit disconnected. I still have some dropping and fluffling to go. I read in a post that you hate them at 6 days, you like them at 6 weeks, and you love them at 6 months. So hopefully by 6 months, they feel like mine.

Camero11 likes this.