Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Weight loss after a BL and BA

Old 09-16-2007, 02:30 AM

gabrielle26 is on a distinguished road
Question Weight loss after a BL and BA

I am scheduled to have surgery in Jan., but I was wondering since my weight goes up and down. If I lose about 20lbs after my Bl/Ba will that have any impact on my breast? I am currently 165, 5"4 and my ideal weight should be around 120 to 125. So, I know when I get my new "girlfriends" I will drop the weight because I wanna look GOOD!!! Any advice?!?!?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM

KLF926 is on a distinguished road
My friend and I got our ba's by the same ps on the same day, so we went to our consultation together and this was one of her concerns also. PS told her that it could definitely affect the new girls...breast tissue is fat, so you lose breast tissue just like you lose any other fat when you lose weight and if your skin doesn't have a lot of elasticity..well, the skin has no where to go, but DOWN!!! He told my friend that she could very well end up a little saggy, but it all depended on her genetics and the amount of weight lost. He didn't give her a number, but I don't think 20 pounds would make that much of a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to KLF926 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by KLF926 View Post
My friend and I got our ba's by the same ps on the same day, so we went to our consultation together and this was one of her concerns also. PS told her that it could definitely affect the new girls...breast tissue is fat, so you lose breast tissue just like you lose any other fat when you lose weight and if your skin doesn't have a lot of elasticity..well, the skin has no where to go, but DOWN!!! He told my friend that she could very well end up a little saggy, but it all depended on her genetics and the amount of weight lost. He didn't give her a number, but I don't think 20 pounds would make that much of a difference.
Thanks I really appreciate it. I have noticed alot of the ladies here are small, but I seem to gain the majority of my weight through my mid-section. I hate it. I wanted to get a tummy tuck, but my hubby said "NO, you don't need it!"
So...... I will definately ask my PS about this. Thank you so much for replying.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 AM

Charity is on a distinguished road
I would really try to lose as much as you can BEFORE the surgery! It would be sad to mess up your pretty boobies! You still have time to lose a lot before your BA date... why don't you try setting a goal to lose 20 pounds before Jan. 14th??
The Following User Says Thank You to Charity For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2007, 08:47 AM

baasheep is on a distinguished road
pictures

How do you get to these pictures. I have had 3 consults and getting different opinions on the lift. I think I am a 2 on the scale of 1-3, but one doctor said no way did I need one. Thanks, I am just really confused.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:48 AM

smt2246819 is on a distinguished road
My Ps said I could lose up to 25 pounds without it affecting me too much if any. It also depends if you gain and lose in your boobs. My friends PS said she could lose up to 10% of her body weight. Talk with your PS.
The Following User Says Thank You to smt2246819 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 PM

U R Right

Originally Posted by Charity View Post
I would really try to lose as much as you can BEFORE the surgery! It would be sad to mess up your pretty boobies! You still have time to lose a lot before your BA date... why don't you try setting a goal to lose 20 pounds before Jan. 14th??
Charity you are so right!!! I have more than enough time to try to lose some weight. I guess with the holidays coming around, and the cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have set in my mind " LOSE WEIGHT AFTER THE SURGERY". YOU ARE AWESOME. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by baasheep View Post
How do you get to these pictures. I have had 3 consults and getting different opinions on the lift. I think I am a 2 on the scale of 1-3, but one doctor said no way did I need one. Thanks, I am just really confused.
BAASHEEP, I know I will need a lift. My boobies haven't sat upright in about 13yrs. Poor girls.....it amazes me that one of my breasts are bigger than the other and saggier than the other. I stand in the mirror in "AWE"
Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=smt2246819;216698]My Ps said I could lose up to 25 pounds without it affecting me too much if any. It also depends if you gain and lose in your boobs. My friends PS said she could lose up to 10% of her body weight. Talk with your PS.[/QUOTE
When I lose weight Sandy I definately lose it in my breast, and when I gain weight, I gain in the breast too.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Charity is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gabrielle26 View Post
Charity you are so right!!! I have more than enough time to try to lose some weight. I guess with the holidays coming around, and the cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have set in my mind " LOSE WEIGHT AFTER THE SURGERY". YOU ARE AWESOME. Thanks for the encouragement!
You are welcome!! Good luck with your goal!!
Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about diet or working out... my husband is a personal trainer, so i know a few things
The Following User Says Thank You to Charity For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 PM

luckystar23 is on a distinguished road
The girls are right, better be safe trying to lose the most you can before surgery so you dont mess them up and then have to have another surgery later. I'm also trying to lose weight before my surgery because I too lose/gain in my boobs, but I'm undecided because I want to have another baby in a year or so but I just cant wait to have nice boobies...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to luckystar23 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 PM

polly is on a distinguished road
I asked the same question of my PS' nurse yesterday. I need to lose 12 pounds and she said I should be OK but if I were losing over 20 pounds I might lose some boobies.
The Following User Says Thank You to polly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Stiphy is on a distinguished road
Tummy Tuck

Originally Posted by gabrielle26 View Post
Thanks I really appreciate it. I have noticed alot of the ladies here are small, but I seem to gain the majority of my weight through my mid-section. I hate it. I wanted to get a tummy tuck, but my hubby said "NO, you don't need it!"
So...... I will definately ask my PS about this. Thank you so much for replying.
I had a tummy tuck before I even thought about getting my new boobies. Weight gain up and down through the years, plus having kids. Never thought I would even want a BA until I did my tummy and saw that my boobies need help too. Best money I ever spent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stiphy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2007, 04:00 AM

Talking

Thanks ladies for all the advice. My hubby is home from deployment and I have been cooking like crazy. So, when he sees me nibbling on things, he's like " Babe, you make me feel bad when I'm the only one enjoying this meal!" LOL So, I'm trying to cut back on eating large portions.