Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

OH MY found this on the net.. truth???

Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 AM

LisaPSL is on a distinguished road
OH MY found this on the net.. truth???

In the not-too-distant-future, you'll be able to have your sagging breasts lifted on your lunch hour! Well, just about.... An Israeli company, MIM (Minimally Invasive Mastopexy) has developed a two-hole breast lift procedure to insert what amounts to a permanent push-up bra under your breasts. How clever and how considerate!

Yup! If the human trials are successful, the huge anchor incisions on women's bodies, made for the "aesthetic" lifting of sagging breasts, may become a thing of the past. Breast lifts are currently among the most invasive cosmetic surgeries, involving the removal and new placement of breast tissue, lots of incisions, often removal and replacement of the nipple, and insertion of implants. These surgeries are painful afterwards and can involve weeks of recovery. Then there is that chance they will not be successful and you require a repeat surgery.

The new technique, called the "Cup&Up" involves the insertion of a silicone implant through two small incisions and its attachment to the ribs and connective tissue with a few small screws and some surgical thread. Doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Pigs were chosen as the first subjects for "Cup&Up" testing because their skin is the most like human flesh. The pig Cup&Ups were tested successfully for "staying power, tissue reaction and damage or injury to muscles or ribs." Now that MIM is ready to conduct human trials, plastic surgeons from all over the world are trying to get their patients into the clinical trials.

Because of the demand for breast lifts worldwide, the Cup&Up procedure should be available within a few years.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Miss New Boobies

boobielessintx is on a distinguished road
wow thast crazy!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
They can't be serious! How in the world can you insert a silicone implant through 2 small incisions and screw it/sew it to the ribcage?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM

gabrielle26 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LisaPSL View Post
In the not-too-distant-future, you'll be able to have your sagging breasts lifted on your lunch hour! Well, just about.... An Israeli company, MIM (Minimally Invasive Mastopexy) has developed a two-hole breast lift procedure to insert what amounts to a permanent push-up bra under your breasts. How clever and how considerate!

Yup! If the human trials are successful, the huge anchor incisions on women's bodies, made for the "aesthetic" lifting of sagging breasts, may become a thing of the past. Breast lifts are currently among the most invasive cosmetic surgeries, involving the removal and new placement of breast tissue, lots of incisions, often removal and replacement of the nipple, and insertion of implants. These surgeries are painful afterwards and can involve weeks of recovery. Then there is that chance they will not be successful and you require a repeat surgery.

The new technique, called the "Cup&Up" involves the insertion of a silicone implant through two small incisions and its attachment to the ribs and connective tissue with a few small screws and some surgical thread. Doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Pigs were chosen as the first subjects for "Cup&Up" testing because their skin is the most like human flesh. The pig Cup&Ups were tested successfully for "staying power, tissue reaction and damage or injury to muscles or ribs." Now that MIM is ready to conduct human trials, plastic surgeons from all over the world are trying to get their patients into the clinical trials.

Because of the demand for breast lifts worldwide, the Cup&Up procedure should be available within a few years.
Uhhhhh....... Wow.... sounds interesting, yet a little frightening
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Cool thread Lisa!

I always think "there's GOT to be a better way" when it comes to the extensive scarring left by an anchor lift, but this technique...hmmm...I don't see how it would lift the areolas? I'm picturing perky implants high up on the chest wall UNDER the skin, but what about the skin itself?? I'm thinking 'double bubble', but maybe I'm just not getting the full picture.

ps...poor widdle piggies
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Txaggie2514 is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine what medicine and Plastics will be like in 20 years... 50 will be the new 20!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 PM

TheScientist is on a distinguished road
found the URL

Hi guys...here's the URL for the original article.

http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?...&enZone=Health

How exciting!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM

SophieGrl is on a distinguished road
I cant picture how this can be done in a lunch hour. What about anesthetics and all? Seems like a regular BA to me, since we only went thru like an hour or hour and a half surgery.... and this sticking to your ribcage business...yuck
Old 09-25-2007, 07:41 PM

veronika will become famous soon enough veronika will become famous soon enough
no thanks
screws in my ribs?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 PM

Sassy Cat is on a distinguished road
FIGURES!!.... I have horrible scars from my full anchor lift and some pig gets a free scarless lift.... Oh well.... I did schedule my re do today and I will get my scars re done at the same time... woohoo..!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 PM

Victoria is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
FIGURES!!.... I have horrible scars from my full anchor lift and some pig gets a free scarless lift.... Oh well.... I did schedule my re do today and I will get my scars re done at the same time... woohoo..!!
No kidding! That's "some pig".
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Ivy
President of the Universe

Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by carolanne View Post
They can't be serious! How in the world can you insert a silicone implant through 2 small incisions and screw it/sew it to the ribcage?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 PM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
That would be so *AWESOME* ~ If it was successful, I would totally think about that in the future
Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 AM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Things that sound too good to be true usually are. I don't even know how good this sounds. As it doesn't appear to be much of an implant but more of a lift. I could see a lot of potential displacement issues with this thing.

Imagine how that would look on a thin-skinned woman like me. You'd be able to actually see the lip of the cup or whatever it is, as well as all the other apparatus through my skin. Thinking of screwing that thing to my ribcage gives me the willies.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 AM

Lulu is on a distinguished road
i don't think it's impressive, looks quite scary, plus its a TOTALLY new technique, i don't know about the strings holding the silicone up from the top of your ribcage, and the complications this may have (with excessive movement, or excercise, will the screws wither away at the bone etc...) ribs are fragile...maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really don't think its that ingeneious on the inside (except for the fact that you have no scars externally showing)...and I can't imagine how you would get something like that done on a 'lunch break' crazy!
sorry that's just my dark take on it

sure there'll be more impressive things to come. one good thing to come out of this though, is may spark up more interest in finding all kinds of different and better ways to breast plastic surgey procedures...so