Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree8Likes

Anyone insist on a donut or benelli BL instead of anchor BL?

Reply Subscribe
Old 08-06-2012, 04:55 PM

BrickHouse is on a distinguished road

I have my 3rd consult which is my last on Wednesday to determine my PS and what type of BL/BA I will be getting.. I am Very curious if any of you were told that you were a better candidate for a anchor lift based on ptosis and insisted on a benelli. If so would love to hear about your story.

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 PM
When life hands you lemons, make PINK lemonade :)

pink lemonade is on a distinguished road
I've read a couple of posts from ladies who are not happy with their results because they got a benelli when they should've had a lollipop or an anchor. I'm definitely going to go with whatever's reccommended.

meimproved likes this.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 PM

BreastDressed is on a distinguished road
Don't fear the anchor!

It's not that bad! if you get a great surgeon your scarring won't be that bad at all. I'm at 3 weeks and my scarring is seriously minimal! there are spots you can't see them at all! Definitely do what ever lift is recommended.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Thank you ladies. That is exactly what I needed to hear. I have feared the anchor BL and the scarring that comes w/ it, but hearing from y'all that it was worth it really calms my fears. Especially that you are healing well from it. I have seen pictures of ladies that got the benelli that were better candidates for anchor, and their results don't look that bad. However, it's obvious that they're not as perky as they could of been, and will most likely have to have another BL in the future. And I don't want that. I would of already had my sx if I would of not been hoping to hear from another Dr that they could perform miracles w/ a benelli.... Enough is enough. I am ready.

thank you all. : )
Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
everyday is a gift..open it.

StartingOver is on a distinguished road
people are probably tired of hearing me complain about my poor boob/lift job. If your told you need an anchor lift make sure you get it done. I am the perfect example of needing a full lift and then have the PS change his mind day of surgery and just do a donut/benelli lift. My results are terrible and now I gotta go back and reschedule what I was suppose to get done the first time that I paid for. I see your a newbie but I think my pics are public. If not let me know I can figure out another way for you to take a look.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM

I highly doubt anyone is "tired of you complaining" because this is exactly what this forum is for.(Women helping Women) I am new, and I promise you that there're a lot of other "newbies" that don't know your story, and that you just helped, like me! We have to be reminded that even though we are the patients we have a voice in what procedures are and are not done during a sx. I feel so fortunate that you took the time and energy to inform me by replying to my post. I am sure that you are not alone in not getting the results you were hoping for. But you were brave and considerate enough to pass on your story to help others.

I am anxious to read all about your story that will help not only me but tons of other ladies!

Thank you so much!

Justasize and NewerMe2012 like this.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 PM
R&B Lover

R&B Lover will become famous soon enough
I was scheduled for an anchor, but ended up only needing a lollipop. I would have done either.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:26 PM

Correct me if I am wrong~ the lollipop and anchor are really very similar. The way that I understand it is the anchor is needed if there is more skin to remove vs a lollipop that is lifting the nipple a few inches up. Does that make since? I guess my point is if the Dr determined in sx that there wasn't extra skin to remove w/ an anchor incision and the lollipop achieved results then that's a great judgment call. However, in like StartingOvers case going from thinking you are getting an anchor to a benelli~Big difference.

That brings up another point. If there is an incision made for the implant to be inserted under the breast and a BL is needed~ then a lollipop could look like an anchor BL.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by R&B Lover View Post
I was scheduled for an anchor, but ended up only needing a lollipop. I would have done either.
Are you pleased with your results R&B Lover? That would be a huge relief if the end results were what you wanted. Heck even better than you wanted would be even better. I love seeing other ladies that were already naturally busted get BA.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:11 AM

Butterfly Jak is on a distinguished road
Interestingly I had a follow up consultation yesterday and was explained that a lollipop incision would be made, but when they stitch up the incision going down they pull it in which causes rippling, at this point if the rippling is not going to stretch out he would then decide to turn it into an anchor to prevent the rippling underneath.
Hope this makes sense, it did when he explained it yesterday, though not sure if I've explained it as he has?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfly Jak View Post
Interestingly I had a follow up consultation yesterday and was explained that a lollipop incision would be made, but when they stitch up the incision going down they pull it in which causes rippling, at this point if the rippling is not going to stretch out he would then decide to turn it into an anchor to prevent the rippling underneath.
Hope this makes sense, it did when he explained it yesterday, though not sure if I've explained it as he has?
Wow. Where are you with things now? So because the process of stitching you up from a lollipop caused rippling and they only way to correct is to make another incision pretty much a anchor? Do I understand you correctly?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
Wow. Where are you with things now? So because the process of stitching you up from a lollipop caused rippling and they only way to correct is to make another incision pretty much a anchor? Do I understand you correctly?
Well sort of, depends in the individual, he said It can cause some rippling depending on how much skin you have, as they use like a pleat stitch going down (1 continuous stitch instead of lots) again this is to tighten and hold much better, if there's still too much skin that's when they remove some from underneath too. The stitch is done like this if having implants too as they put pressure on the stitches - don't want it all popping open. Not sure if this is the same for an uplift on its own!
A good surgeon will do what's best for the individual and give the best results.
The way it was explained made perfect sense, to be fair stitches underneath aren't even noticed anyway, it's gonna be the ones going down that are the worst.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly Jak For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM

I have member status now an I'm able to see photo albums.... yaaaay..

Ladies if you feell comfortable sharing your BL and BA pictures I would be so greatful. PLEASE and THANK YOU..

I have seen a couple BL/BA pix, and I am really glad I did. Because as you know I was fearing the BL because of the scars etc. However,seeing how they will look initally has really prepared me for what I will be seeing. Plus, it's exciting to see the perkiness and I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the scars are healing. I now know how worth it is to get.

littlemissmomma likes this.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:45 PM
When life hands you lemons, make PINK lemonade :)

pink lemonade is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by StartingOver View Post
people are probably tired of hearing me complain about my poor boob/lift job. If your told you need an anchor lift make sure you get it done. I am the perfect example of needing a full lift and then have the PS change his mind day of surgery and just do a donut/benelli lift. My results are terrible and now I gotta go back and reschedule what I was suppose to get done the first time that I paid for. I see your a newbie but I think my pics are public. If not let me know I can figure out another way for you to take a look.
I can't see your albums. FR sent!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
I wanted a benelli but was told full anchor lift. I asked what would happen if we just did the benelli and he said it wasn't extensive enough and explained how many centimetres the nipple would lift up which was around 2cm (0.7 inches). My nipples needed to be lifted 6cm (2.3 inches). He told me that based on what I was telling him I wanted my boobs to look like that I would not be happy with a benelli and I trusted him. I am so happy I did it scars and all. They have faded really nicely. What kind of lift have the 2 ps recommended to you? If they are all saying full anchor or lollipop then that's what I would go with. Don't be scared of the scars the results are well worth it
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 09:51 PM

All 3 Consult's confirm I need a full anchor. I have become comfortable w/ knowing that is the best for the results I want. It would be a huge waist of money if I didn't get what I needed. I did find a PS that I love and he puts the implants in and then does the lift around the implants. I have also talked to lots of ladies that are super please w/ their BL results and the scars are so faint. So I am on board now, was really scared at first but I am looking forward to it now.

Congrat's on your pregnancy! How exciting.

Thank you for your words of wisdom, would love to see photo's if you have them.. : )
Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 PM

littlemissmomma is on a distinguished road
This thread is so helpful! I'm right on the borderline of need a lift/could get by without one but have decided to go ahead and get the lift. I'd rather be safe than sorry and I want it to look perfect That said I have been so worried about scarring. I just want pretty boobies.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:57 PM

meimproved is on a distinguished road
Don't fear the scar! It's well worth the shape/contour you'll get from a vertical lift (whether you need a lollipop or an anchor). I have pictures of my scars in my albums. I was VERY hesitant to go with anything other than a donut lift because of the vertical scar. I thought I could get what I wanted, without the lift since I was told I'm "borderline", and I wanted natural looking results. I don't think I would have been happy with only half of what I really needed. I'm very happy I trusted my surgeon with the decision. He tried to avoid the vertical scar but said I wouldn't have been happy. I definitely believe him. Good luck with your decision but I think you're leaning in the right direction!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Tulip28 is on a distinguished road
Question, is getting a lollipop lift usually more or less exspensive than the donut lift. Im waiting for my consultation. They told me in email that ba/bl is approximately $9500. I wonder if this is for the anchor?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 22Ky View Post
Question, is getting a lollipop lift usually more or less exspensive than the donut lift. Im waiting for my consultation. They told me in email that ba/bl is approximately $9500. I wonder if this is for the anchor?
I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference to the price, it doesn't in the UK!
The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly Jak For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe