Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

areola tissue in incision

Old 11-17-2007, 01:09 PM

sognatore1228 is on a distinguished road
areola tissue in incision

Hey ladies,

Wonder how many of you experienced this. Pre BL, I had very large areolas. I was told that during the areola reduction part of the surgery, there would be a chance that some of the tissue might not be able to be removed. I understood this and am okay with it. Today when I went for my 5th post op, I asked what the darkness in one of my incisions was. The incision going down vertically from my areola is streaked with darker pigmented skin. My surgeon informed me that this was part of my areola from before my surgery. It isn't that bad. It could pass as darker scarring. Being that this is my areolar tissue, I know that it won't fade and I know that tanning my breasts will cause the pigment to get darker. Just out of curiosity...anyone else have this??
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM

jinaz is on a distinguished road
My PS didn't mention that could happen but I still have tape around my areola's so don't know if I do or not! Mine weren't huge but he did say he'd size them down.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM

sognatore1228 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jinaz View Post
My PS didn't mention that could happen but I still have tape around my areola's so don't know if I do or not! Mine weren't huge but he did say he'd size them down.
Thanks for your response. Mine were pretty big and I guess he could get all the pigment out so when he closed me up in my incision vertically leading down from my areola, it is dark. I at first just thought it was dead skin or scarring...nope old areola tissue!!!