Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

To lift or not to lift?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM

rimseb is on a distinguished road
Question To lift or not to lift?

Hello girls!
I have had consultations with two differents PS( There are not many of them in my area)for a BA. The first one I went with recommended saline and under the muscle.She said that I Have a minimal drooping and that the implant will take care of it.The second PS suggested under with a lift or either over the muscle with no lift.Both or these surgeons are board certified and qualified.I liked the second ps better though because he took the time to answer all my questions and I even tried on some sizers.My first consult was quicker and it seemed that the surgeon had a busy day and just wanted to go home.I have heard good thing about her though.
I would like to go with the second surgeon, but I am concerned about the benelli lift because i form keloids scars.I do not want to go over either because of the increased risk of CC and the mammogram issue.I am kind of lost here and would like to have you girls advices.Should I stick with the first ps, or go with the second one?
Another question When I tried the sizers at the second ps, he recommends 350 or 375 cc for me to achieve a full C/small D.I am 5'5 and 123#.Is there any girls that have the same stats as me and achieved a C or D? And do you think a small D might be too big for my frame?Thanks you all for your feedback!I am sooo ready to get those boobies that I wanted for so long.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Phenomom will become famous soon enough
The CC recommendation sounds good but I'm under the impression that unders hold up better over time. That said, sounds like U might want to continue looking for a PS in a neighboring city/state. A third consult can't hurt.

Good Luck,
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM

Victoria is on a distinguished road
hard spot to be in

I had this question, I think I even used the same title for a thread! LOL!

Yes, I like the idea of another consult to help decide on the lift. Sometimes one more vote, either way, can help even if you go with the first or second PS.

The other thing to consider is where your nipples are located compared to your crease. If your nipple lies above the crease line, you might be okay without a lift. I was borderline lift myself (nips right at the crease line), but took the no lift risk and made out with great natural looking breasts with unders, no lift. Not tight and super perky, but definately not droppy either. I love them, but knew I was taking a chance at needing a lift post BA. Also, sometimes if you choose not to lift, you take the CC's up a notch to help them lift themselves via the implants without a lift.

This is a REALLY tough place to be, I know. It's scary as you want to do what is "best" and don't know for sure exactly what "best" is. Try looking online at before and after pictures--see if you can find someone similar and if the lifted or not.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Phenomom View Post
The CC recommendation sounds good but I'm under the impression that unders hold up better over time. That said, sounds like U might want to continue looking for a PS in a neighboring city/state. A third consult can't hurt.

Good Luck,
Phenomom, like you recommend, I am just going to schedule a consult in a nearby city , Kansas City maybe( I live in Nebraska and see what the PS recommends.Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I had this question, I think I even used the same title for a thread! LOL!

Yes, I like the idea of another consult to help decide on the lift. Sometimes one more vote, either way, can help even if you go with the first or second PS.

The other thing to consider is where your nipples are located compared to your crease. If your nipple lies above the crease line, you might be okay without a lift. I was borderline lift myself (nips right at the crease line), but took the no lift risk and made out with great natural looking breasts with unders, no lift. Not tight and super perky, but definately not droppy either. I love them, but knew I was taking a chance at needing a lift post BA. Also, sometimes if you choose not to lift, you take the CC's up a notch to help them lift themselves via the implants without a lift.

This is a REALLY tough place to be, I know. It's scary as you want to do what is "best" and don't know for sure exactly what "best" is. Try looking online at before and after pictures--see if you can find someone similar and if the lifted or not.
Lol, Victoria.The title reflects so well the dilemma i am having. No wonder why you used the same title if you faced the issue.
See, I am quite sure that I do not need a lift. My nipples lie above the crease and even when I do the pencil test, the pencil fall on the left breast and barely stays under the right breastI know my breast are quite deflated but They are not droopy(I am a 32B/34A how much loose skin can I have?).They seriously do lack upper pole fullness though. I was thinkin about goin with the first surgeon that did not recommends the lift, but I will take Phenomom advice and see a third PS in Kansas City.

How many consult did you have?What made you finally decide to go without a lift?Can you send me the link to your post(To lift or not to lift part I)? Lol. I might use the advices on the replies.It is tough to decide whether or not to have a lift and I am glad you are happy with your results!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

karenb will become famous soon enough
I totally agree with Victoria (and took the same route as well). My ps told me:

The other thing to consider is where your nipples are located compared to your crease. If your nipple lies above the crease line, you might be okay without a lift.

And as Vistoria:

I was borderline lift myself (nips right at the crease line), but took the no lift risk and made out with great natural looking breasts with unders, no lift.

Mine are tight and perky (despite ps's personal opinion that I should have a small lift for optimun results). He just used a bigger implant than what he had originally thougt (75cc bigger). I couldn't be happier with the size and shape.

Also, I've come to think that, after all. This is our ps's businesses. This is how they make their money. If they can make more money, they are gonna push it if there is a chance. (not that this was my experience, but I've seen some suggestions made to patients by their ps's that make my jaw drop...)
Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
pam

pam is on a distinguished road
If I were you and if I can do it all over again, I would NOT get the lift. I got the benelli lift and tomorrow I'm going for scar revision. I got 325cc's and I'm 5'4" 130pnds and I'm a full C, baby D. Get the ba and not the lift. I wish I didn't get the lift, but I am happy with my results except the scars don't look that good and that's why I'm going for the revision.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
If your nips are above the crease line then you have a really good chance of great results w/o a lift, even with unders. Mine were deflated, but not technically sagging. I had unders with no lift and am very happy. I've seen some really obvious looking benelli scars, so JMO...try w/o a lift. You can always get one later if you absolutely "need" to. As long as the crease is dropped a bit to center the areola, and you go a bit larger than avg. to compensate for the deflation you should get great fullness and lift with implants alone.

(I went on 5 consults. 2 said crescent lift, 3 said no lift. If you can...get a couple more consults, but FWIW it sounds like you'd be fine w/o a lift to me.)
Old 01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karenb View Post
I totally agree with Victoria (and took the same route as well). My ps told me:

The other thing to consider is where your nipples are located compared to your crease. If your nipple lies above the crease line, you might be okay without a lift.

And as Vistoria:

I was borderline lift myself (nips right at the crease line), but took the no lift risk and made out with great natural looking breasts with unders, no lift.

Mine are tight and perky (despite ps's personal opinion that I should have a small lift for optimun results). He just used a bigger implant than what he had originally thougt (75cc bigger). I couldn't be happier with the size and shape.

Also, I've come to think that, after all. This is our ps's businesses. This is how they make their money. If they can make more money, they are gonna push it if there is a chance. (not that this was my experience, but I've seen some suggestions made to patients by their ps's that make my jaw drop...)
I totally agree. Sometimes they just want the extra bucks. Not nice, but sometimes true. I've seen women post befores that in NO WAY needed a lift but were told they even needed a full anchor. Pisses me off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2008, 04:49 PM

malika02 is on a distinguished road
I was in the exact same position and chose not to get a lift as my PS said I should be fine. I got partial-unders so that I wouldn't have to deal with "double bubble" and so far so good! I think they just look more natural.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
amberj.

amberj. is on a distinguished road
ok so my consults both recommended the beneli lift but my nips were above the crease I really wanted to go trans ax and not cause any scars on my nips so I went with what I wanted and my boobies look great so far im still really recent post op. I know in time i will need a lift like ten years down the road when I have my implants changed. also the surgeons are looking at the breasts differently than we are they see every little flaw that we might not even notice ourselves, I know I am really particular when it comes to my job so. that said I would go with what you want and dont let anyone pressure you in to what they want.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:31 PM

battgirl is on a distinguished road
I had mild sag and was borderline lift when i opted to go with saline overs in aug. with no lift. The weight of the implant only made it worse and in January i found myself back on the opperating table for a benalli lift. It is the chance you take...
I know alot of woman that have had mild sag and gotten their BA's and had no problems, they are perky and tight and nice. I wasn't so lucky. Alot of it depends on the amount of give in your skin, what size implant you choose, and how much sag you are starting out with...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:52 PM

Thank all of you lovely ladies for replying
Like many of you recommended, I went to more consult(5 in total). 1 PS recommended the benelli and the four others said I dont need a lift, when ask.I have finally chosen my surgeon and next week will set my surgery date (Yay!).I am so relieved I would not need a lift after all because I form cheloid sometimes.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:11 PM

Phenomom will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rimseb View Post
Thank all of you lovely ladies for replying
Like many of you recommended, I went to more consult(5 in total). 1 PS recommended the benelli and the four others said I dont need a lift, when ask.I have finally chosen my surgeon and next week will set my surgery date (Yay!).I am so relieved I would not need a lift after all because I form cheloid sometimes.
Congratulations! Glad to hear that it worked out. I went on 3 consults myself, 1 said I needed a lift the other 2 said I did not. HPs provided a non surgical lift and I am very pleased w/ my results. Good Luck!