Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Anyone have this happen?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 PM

michele is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Anyone have this happen?

Has anyone who has had a lift gotten a lump or lumps after having surgery? I have discovered a lump on my breast, right below my nipple where my scar is, I had my surgery last may, Iam hoping it is possible it is scar tissue!! thanks!!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 PM

chickie32 is on a distinguished road
definitely sounds it to me - it's normal if it's near the incision site

did you also get implanted? or just a lift?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 PM

michele is on a distinguished road
Hi

I got both at the same time, I also had s ome problems with the incsisions healing properly it took more time than usual.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 PM

chickie32 is on a distinguished road
when did you get your BA and lift? massaging is often advised to help break up the internal scar tissue thereby keeping the pocket soft and open for movement. have you spoken to your PS about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to chickie32 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
It could be scar tissue, but it could also be a spitting stitch. Is the bump sore at all?

Also, what kind of lift did you have? Did you by chance have a benelli lift, where there is an incision all the way around your areola? If you did, you will have a purse-string stitch that is a permanent stitch that goes around your areola and is cinched in, to create a lift. I had the same lift.

I developed a pea size knot directly under my incision at about 3 months post op. My skin was red and irritated, and the knot would hurt a little if I pressed on it. I eventually started getting zingers through it. I went in to see my PS and he opened up the area to take a look and it ended up being the purse-string stitch (circumareolar stitch) that was absessed and he had to remove it. My body rejected it. A couple of weeks later, the same thing happened on my left breast. Both had to be removed.

I'd definately get it looked at. It could be minor, like a spitting stitch, but if you had a benelli lift, it could be that stitch. You need to get it checked, because if it is that stitch and you leave it alone, the infection will eventually travel all along that stitch and create absessed places that will open up.

I don't mean to scare you. I just want to present you with a few possibilities. I healed up just fine and am 100% healthy and happy. My PS said that I am only his 2nd patient to ever have that happen, so it is rare, but it does happen.

Keep us informed. Let us know how you are.

Last edited by CAINAZ; 01-08-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typos
The Following User Says Thank You to CAINAZ For This Useful Post: