Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

BA/BL: In need of your advice, suggestions, etc.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:34 AM

robkel is on a distinguished road
Question BA/BL: In need your advice, comments, suggestions, etc.

Hi! I've been a member here for a while now, and I LOVE to read all of your posts, stories etc. This is my first post/question and I really need your help. I have my ba/bl scheduled for the 28th of February and I am REALLY nervous. I keep going back and fourth, should I do it, do I really need it? I am a b/c cup right now and am planning to get a lollipop lift, ariola reducation and hp 275-300cc, just for fullness. I was told that I will have to wear "the strap" for about 5-7 days afterwards, but that they should drop pretty quickly. Girls who have had this procedure done, how is it? Do you have any regrets? How is the pain? How long before you were back to your normal routine, etc.? Any information will help at this point. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
Well, I had a BA/BL (benelli, though, not lollipop) almost a year ago. I was so scared, but it was seriously so easy. I did have to wear the strap, but I had to wear it for 3 weeks. Everyone is different, though. I was a very small A and got 300cc Mentor Smooth Moderate Profile Plus. I am now a baby C cup. I am very happy with my results. I have no regrets at all. I would do it over again, in a heartbeat.

I did have pain, but it was manageable as long as I stayed on top of my pain meds. Honestly, it was a good month before I was back to my normal routine. My PS restricted my activity for 4 weeks post-op. I couldn't lift, push or pull anything heavier than 5 lbs.

Try not to worry too much. It really isn't as bad as we make it out to be in our minds. I was terrified the day of surgery. I had never been put under before and I was so scared of that. I was a piece of cake.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAINAZ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM

avbjessup is on a distinguished road
I had my BA/Full BL 12/17/2007 and it really was not bad at all. I can honestly say that there was no more pain with the BL than with a redo (which was a breeze). I have absolutely no regrets - I should have done the lift a long time ago! You will be fine and very happy I am sure!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM

chrissy4 is on a distinguished road
You sound just like me! I had a BL/BA last Sept. '07. I'm 5'1", 110lbs, 30 yrs old. I was a c-cup, but have had 4 children so the only thing big about them, was their length! I was extremely nervous, it's so much evasive than just a BA. I had the lollipop w/areola reduction, also. I was wrapped VERY tight for 7 days. The most painful thing was the tightness on my ribs, and I couldn't straighten up, so my back & neck really hurt. You won't even feel the actual scars, they'll be numb for a while. But be prepared to be uncomfortable. Mine are still a little uneven, but the one that's fallen, fell fast. Still waiting for her sister to follow, they say it takes a while. I'm just getting the feeling back in my nipples, it'll never feel like it did before, but that's to be expected. My scars are beginning to blend w/my skin. I have absolutely no regrets! Best thing I've ever done for myself! Just be sure to take your meds as prescribed & be patient, the outcome is amazing!!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:04 PM

Nikki5PV is on a distinguished road
Hi There

I just had my BA and BL (only benelli) done last Weds, and so far, so good. Had virtually no pain (just felt a little uncomfortable and tight really, but nothing bad), I didnt have a strap, I am just bandaged and have a compression bra on until Tuesday, then I will just wear the compression bra until PS says otherwise. My boobs are so lifted and feel amazing. I have no idea about the puckering/scarring yet but will see on Tuesday I think (if I can bear to look!!??).

It actually just feels like when my milk came in with my babies, and I know he took off alot of skin off my breast and really thought that would be sore as, but its not, and I am only taking Panadol so no sickness.

The most frustrating thing for me is having to take it easy!!! My poor kiddies are being nagged to death to tidy this and pick up that! Etc, I cant bear a messy house but luckily my DH and kiddies are being totally amazing!!

ATB, and I am sure you will not regret a thing.

Nic
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki5PV For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2008, 09:59 AM

Shepards Girl is on a distinguished road
Hi I had a benelli lift and BA with areolar reduction 12/21, and am tickled pink with the results. The first couple of days I was pretty out of it since I was taking the pain meds every 4 hrs. on schedule. On day 3, I went to my family's Christmas and was tired and a little woozy. I wore a stap and surgical bra for the first 3 days, and then switched to the strap and a sports bra. The strap came off after about 8 days, but I stayed in the sports bra for 6 weeks. The first week was pretty tough (I couldn't drive- hurt toooo much) but by day 12 I drove myself and my children 10 hours home alone! I was on a lift restriction also, and abided by it the best I absolutely could being a mother of 3 small children under 6....lol. I was back at work on day 13 and taking nothing but the occasional tylenol for the discomfort. I was really worried about my scars at first because they looked too round, too perfectly round if you know what I mean. But they have faded to white already and are looking more natural. I had zero puckering, so can't help you there. I still have very little nipple sensation, but it is better than it was a week after surgery so I am hoping it will return some more. Sorry so long, but I know how many questions I had before my BL/BA, so if you want to know anything else feel free to PM me......I'll be glad to answer anything I can!! Good luck!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 PM

robkel is on a distinguished road
Thank You

Thank you all for your awesome, encouraging responses. I really do feel better about the whole thing. I have my ba/bl scheduled for April 3rd, let's hope I don't postpone...........again.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Shepards Girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robkel View Post
Hi! I've been a member here for a while now, and I LOVE to read all of your posts, stories etc. This is my first post/question and I really need your help. I have my ba/bl scheduled for the 28th of February and I am REALLY nervous. I keep going back and fourth, should I do it, do I really need it? I am a b/c cup right now and am planning to get a lollipop lift, ariola reducation and hp 275-300cc, just for fullness. I was told that I will have to wear "the strap" for about 5-7 days afterwards, but that they should drop pretty quickly. Girls who have had this procedure done, how is it? Do you have any regrets? How is the pain? How long before you were back to your normal routine, etc.? Any information will help at this point. Thank you.
I was in the same boat. I was unsure of the lift (I was only an A!! but breastfed 3 kids so I had no fullness) but the PS said it was absolutely neccesary to achieve the result I wanted. I had a periareolar lift (around the nipple only), areola reduction, and 320 cc implants for fullness. I wore the strap for about 10 days and dropped pretty quickly. My left is still a little higher but that my be a whole 'nother story.... I am sooo glad I took the PS's advice and did the lift with the implants. I have no regrets (other than I wish I had gone bigger!!! Implanted breast DO look smaller than natural breasts IMO) I was on pain meds for the first week, pretty regularly the first few days then mostly just at night. I was feeling great by 10 days and drove myself and my kids home 10 hours by myself, and went back to work the next day with no problems.

hope that helps some!!
Good Luck and let us know what you decide and how everything goes!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shepards Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 PM

HRPUFF is on a distinguished road
Same boat

I too am in the same situation. I definitely didn't want a lift. But 2 seconds after I showed the PS my boobs, he said "well I can see without a doubt what we need to do here." He then measured and drew on my chest where my boobs "should have been" then manipulated my breast tissue to show where they'll end up with some implants. Wow what a difference. I was a quick believer in the need for a Lollipop lift. I'm scheduled for May 1st. Let me know how you are doing PO.