Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Question re Going Back to the Gym

Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 PM

aamtao is on a distinguished road
Question re Going Back to the Gym

For those of you who had full anchor lifts/implants and have returned to the gym, did you have any discomfort or pain associated with working out? Is it normal to feel some pressure or weirdness up there? I will either get gym clearance this week or next, after waiting on a wound to heal/close which finally/practically has. Yay!! My surgery was on 6/21, so I'm almost two months out, but I still feel random weird pings or tightness throughout the day sometimes which i understand is normal. I'm eager to get back to the gym, but will take it easy at first (bike to begin with). just wondering what to expect with regard to how my chest will feel post-workout.

Thank you!!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:26 AM

Chevydog will become famous soon enough
Yes ... totally normal to feel discomforts and twinges etc. I was given the all clear to resume all normal activity at 8 weeks out .. including working out. I dove right back into my 6 day/week workouts and just listened to my body and modified the exercise if it felt uncomfortable or hurt. I'm happy to say that I'm now 3 months PO and I'm able to comfortably lift weights and do cardio (even bouncing around .. although I double up on sports bra's). The only thing that bothers me is push-ups .... I can do them ... but they feel WEIRD and I've heard conflicting opinions on doing chest work and having implants. I still work my chest but with light weights and not my whole body weight (aka the push up) ... and that feels fine for me now, but it's something I had to build up to.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 PM

aamtao is on a distinguished road
Thank you, Chevydog! I'm so looking forward to getting back into the swing of things! Returning to the gym will make me feel so good! My boobs are awesome now, so I need to start focusing on the rest of my body again. Yay! Thanks for your input! I will do the same and just take it day by day and eventually amp it up depending on how my body feels. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 AM

Beautyangel is on a distinguished road
I had a lift with aug in August and I've been back to gym for 2 weeks now..feels great to be back! Push-ups weren't nearly as hard as I thought they would be. The hardest part was knowing what I could do strength wise and cardio wise before surgery and not being able to hang post surgery. I'm sure it'll take time, still recovering..you'll do great! Just listen to your body, if it hurts, don't do it :-)