Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree27Likes
  • 4 Post By MNgirl520
  • 1 Post By Chevydog
  • 3 Post By SFbarmaid
  • 1 Post By ShaunaB
  • 3 Post By ChasingRain
  • 2 Post By MNgirl520
  • 1 Post By Aj13
  • 2 Post By Nickle
  • 3 Post By Karaokemama
  • 1 Post By hellokitten
  • 1 Post By serenity26
  • 1 Post By momof2beauties
  • 2 Post By Skittlz
  • 1 Post By London714
  • 1 Post By Mrsg1888

How did your childen (young) react, were you worried?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:55 AM

MNgirl520 is on a distinguished road
How did your children (young) react, were you worried?

I have a 6 year old daugher and a 4 year old son. We are very open about our bodies. We change in front of each other, shower together still, that sort of thing. My son has told me that I have very LONG boobs and that they are ugly.
They are going to know that I've had something done. I've commented that I will get them fixed and he's told people that I'm going to get them cut off!! (those darn kids!).
I don't mind the BL/BA as much but I dont' want my daughter to know about the lipo on my thighs, I think that will give her her the wrong idea about a healthy body image.
I work my butt off (obviously not enough) to be healthy and teach my kids to be healthy and excercise.
What will she think about this?? Can I hide the lipo from her?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Chevydog will become famous soon enough
I'm not sure about the lipo ... but I had a full mommy makeover and was honest about the whole process with both my kids .. although they are older than yours. My daughter is 14 and my son is 10. I just explained that bringing them into the world stretched my body out like a balloon lol (true story) and that I love them dearly and that I was getting a few things fixed. Both of them were totally fine with it all .. and my daughter has a great self image even still. But she knew how much it bothered me to have to tuck my boobs into my pants everyday. The only thing they struggled with was the notion of having implants (and more so my son than my daughter). But it's been 3 months now and they don't even question it anymore. Mom is happy so they are happy

hellokitten likes this.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:53 PM

SFbarmaid is on a distinguished road
I'm glad you asked this ...I have 2 children 3 year old son and a 6 year old daughter, and they will totally notice. my son is a boob man, he has been known to motorboat pretty much anyone who is holding him (if there is access to cleavage) and he (still puts his hand down my shirt) I think its something left over from nursing)
and then, there's my daughter who also likes boobies. she says mine are floppy.
So... I'm not sure what I'm gonna tell them.

I know they are going to be super curious.

Aj13, hellokitten and MNgirl520 like this.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM

Hazel6687 is on a distinguished road
My kids are 3 and 6 and still have no idea and won't until they're old enough to understand
Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 PM

ShaunaB is on a distinguished road
Mine are 4 and 6 and I didn't tell them anything. They stayed with my mom for a couple days and when I got back and was all doped up and sleepy they thought I was sick, then once they overheard me complaining about being constipated they figured I was sick because I wasn't pooping. Perfect excuse =) When they're older I will be totally honest with them about it, though. Good luck =)

hellokitten likes this.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 PM

ChasingRain is on a distinguished road
My kids are 7(son) and 11(daughter). I was really worried about my daughter bc she is at that age where she is just hitting puberty, and will be possibly be going through insecurities with her own body.

I don't want to make her feel like it's unfair that I can change myself if I want to when I'm constantly telling her that you should love and except yourself for the way you are, not try to be like the girls you see on tv. So that's a little tricky!! We sat and had a talk and I told her why I'm getting implants, and made sure to point out to her that I was a mature adult and this is something that I have thought about for a long time. Of course, the first thing out of her mouth was, "ooh, if I don't get big boobs can I get implants???" I said, when you are an adult and you have thoroughly researched the whole process, and you have your own money, you can make that decision then. I then went on with the whole, you should love and accept yourself the way you are, but there are some things you can change if they make you feel better, and there are some things you can't change and you have to learn to accept that. She really seemed to get it, and I think the whole talk made us closer. She just politely asked if I would keep them covered when I pick her up from school...I totally get that!!!

With my son....I just said, mommy's having surgery, and as a result of the surgery certain things may be swollen and look bigger, and he said, "you mean your boobs"...I said how did you know that, he said," because I heard you telling daddy you can't wait to have your big boobs".. then he goes back to playing his wii as if it were nothing at all...Phew he made that too easy, LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 04:39 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by SFbarmaid View Post
I'm glad you asked this ...I have 2 children 3 year old son and a 6 year old daughter, and they will totally notice. my son is a boob man, he has been known to motorboat pretty much anyone who is holding him (if there is access to cleavage) and he (still puts his hand down my shirt) I think its something left over from nursing)
and then, there's my daughter who also likes boobies. she says mine are floppy.
So... I'm not sure what I'm gonna tell them.

I know they are going to be super curious.

My favorite quote from son "mommy you have long boobs, really long" kids!

SFbarmaid and hellokitten like this.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 AM

Aj13 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2 and 6 yr old I showed my 2 yr old my boo boos so he would be careful around me I think I even showed my daughter but I just said I was having surgery but maybe you could say your fixing a muscle or something they prolly won't put 2 and 2 together for awhile. And we do the same change and shower together and I've never been questioned why my boobs are bigger

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:04 AM

Nickle is on a distinguished road
My boys are 9,7,5, and 18 months. They all knew I was having surgery. I just said I was getting something fixed. They figured out on thief own that it was "mommy's boobies" so my 9 year old asked what was wrong with "them" I told them it was private and maybe when he was older we would talk about it.. But I would heal fast and be better in no time My four year old has asked me a few times when I'm going to feel better... But other than that they haven't said or acted like its any big deal. I think most kids would rather stay out of adult business if they have have a choice to!

hellokitten and MNgirl520 like this.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:30 AM

Karaokemama is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ctheis520 View Post
I have a 6 year old daugher and a 4 year old son. We are very open about our bodies. We change in front of each other, shower together still, that sort of thing. My son has told me that I have very LONG boobs and that they are ugly.
They are going to know that I've had something done. I've commented that I will get them fixed and he's told people that I'm going to get them cut off!! (those darn kids!).
I have 3 little boys ages 2.5-6 and we also shower together. They have noticed how my old breasts looked different from theirs and made comments about how my nipples were bigger (I never really had breast tissue so that part wasnt so different). I didn't tell them about my surgery bc I knew they'd say exactly what your son said-and to everyone they meet (yup, we went thru it once w DH vasectomy, poor man). Sad thing is I really did get a lot of my nips cut off with the redux so it would be the truth! They will obviously know as soon as they see me naked but I am hoping that will be aftr I am all healed so the won't get freaked out and I will be able to calmly 'educate' them about mommies new PRIVATE parts.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 AM

hellokitten is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ctheis520 View Post
I don't mind the BL/BA as much but I dont' want my daughter to know about the lipo on my thighs, I think that will give her her the wrong idea about a healthy body image.
I work my butt off (obviously not enough) to be healthy and teach my kids to be healthy and excercise.
What will she think about this?? Can I hide the lipo from her?
Great question! I am curious to know how everyone is handling it after as well..as I will look different after with big boobs! I have a 9 yr old girl and 14 yr old son. So far I have been talking about it for a while with them both letting them know how I would like to have my tummy and chest back to the way they were and more or less trying to prepare them without making it too big of deal. So we will see what happens after.
It's to see everyone has these same concerns ...all the responses are great and helpful

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM

serenity26 is on a distinguished road
My son is 6 and I told him that I was getting bigger boobs. He commented that I didn't need to do that. But I told him that it's something that I want to do, and that getting boobs is Mom's business, not something he talks about with anyone. So, he hasn't said anything, to anyone. I'm very proud of him! We even saw his grandparents, whom I didn't want to tell that I got a BA, kinda judgmental about it, and he didn't say a word. So for me, educating him about it and having him understand it is my business and not to talk about it to anyone but Mom or Dad was the way to go.
Good luck!

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:11 AM

momof2beauties is on a distinguished road
I just had my BA yesterday & today my 2 year old daughter saw me getting dressed & said "mom your boobs look horrible"Lol! I think it was just because of the bruising.

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:48 AM

Skittlz is on a distinguished road
I have 7 & 5 yr old boys. I told them that when mommies have babies and nurse babies it stretches and changes their bodies. Sometimes (usually) your body does not go back to the way it looked before. *I* (and I emphasized that it's MY preference) would really like my body to look how it did before... and that there are special doctors who can give mommies makeovers. I also said that not all mommies want to look how they did before and that's ok too. It's really whatever makes the mommy happy and that this would make me happy.

I had a BA & BL, but I think the same explanation works for lipo without getting in to the nitty gritty about what lipo is. I didn't tell them momma is getting big new huge knockers. LOL I just said the doctor is going to put my body back to how it looked before you were born.

London714 and MNgirl520 like this.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by ChasingRain View Post
My kids are 7(son) and 11(daughter). I was really worried about my daughter bc she is at that age where she is just hitting puberty, and will be possibly be going through insecurities with her own body.

I don't want to make her feel like it's unfair that I can change myself if I want to when I'm constantly telling her that you should love and except yourself for the way you are, not try to be like the girls you see on tv. So that's a little tricky!! We sat and had a talk and I told her why I'm getting implants, and made sure to point out to her that I was a mature adult and this is something that I have thought about for a long time. Of course, the first thing out of her mouth was, "ooh, if I don't get big boobs can I get implants???" I said, when you are an adult and you have thoroughly researched the whole process, and you have your own money, you can make that decision then. I then went on with the whole, you should love and accept yourself the way you are, but there are some things you can change if they make you feel better, and there are some things you can't change and you have to learn to accept that. She really seemed to get it, and I think the whole talk made us closer. She just politely asked if I would keep them covered when I pick her up from school...I totally get that!!!

With my son....I just said, mommy's having surgery, and as a result of the surgery certain things may be swollen and look bigger, and he said, "you mean your boobs"...I said how did you know that, he said," because I heard you telling daddy you can't wait to have your big boobs".. then he goes back to playing his wii as if it were nothing at all...Phew he made that too easy, LOL

Too funny!!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:49 PM

London714 is on a distinguished road
My sons are 9 and 7 and we told them Mommy was having surgery and they would have to be gentle around me for awhile and I would have to rest a lot and wouldn't be able to play rough or pick them up for awhile. They never asked what kind of surgery, and we just told them it was something minor and I wasn't sick and they didn't need to worry. I was sure once I started healing and wearing different clothes they would notice and ask why my boobs were bigger but neither of them has said anything or seems to have noticed. At some point when they are older I will tell them, and certainly will if they ask, but at their age I decided it's not necessary. I did tell my teenage daughter beforehand, but she basically just rolled her eyes and told me it was unnecessary. Then I reminded her that when she was little she once told me I had "drippy" (not droopy) boobs and I've wanted a lift since then, and she laughed and was a little more understanding.

MNgirl520 likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:19 PM

Mrsg1888 is on a distinguished road
I'm worried too about how my little girl will react. She is almost 3 but very aware. I've told hubby not to bring her to see me the day of op in case she gets upset

MNgirl520 likes this.