Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By *Sparkles*
  • 2 Post By Bwalsh947
  • 1 Post By Heartmom11
  • 1 Post By beckybee
  • 1 Post By Jerseylady80

Breast Lift & Having a Toddler

Old 10-07-2013, 05:33 PM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Breast Lift & Having a Toddler

Hey ladies!

For those of you who had a breast lift and have a child at home, how long were you not allowed to lift them?

Thankie!

KikiV likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Bwalsh947 is on a distinguished road
I lift my 30 pounder completely now, almost 3 weeks PO. I was lifting her, but probably shouldn't have, around 7 days PO with assistance.

*Sparkles* and XOCHITL like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bwalsh947 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by Bwalsh947 View Post
I lift my 30 pounder completely now, almost 3 weeks PO. I was lifting her, but probably shouldn't have, around 7 days PO with assistance.
Thank you for your reply! Did you find any discomfort from lifting her right away? Were you maybe more sore afterward?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I was told I need to be patient... trying to be...

summersmile is on a distinguished road
I started picking my 13 month old then baby up after two weeks post op. But I would limit it to getting my angel in and out of her crib and high chair. I played, changed her and cuddle with her on the floor to give myself more time to heal properly.
After my revision I was the same - no real lifting for 4-6 weeks unless it was absolutely necessary.

HTH

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 PM

momneedslift is on a distinguished road
I had a 1 and 3 yr old at home when I had my full anchor lift. My PS did not give me any restrictions, just said to do what I felt was right because he knew I wouldn't be able to not hold them for a long length of time. I had surgery on Thursday and went back to work Monday (I would NOT recommend this, but I did it). That 1st week I lifted my 1yr old out of her crib. I had my mom help me with taking them to daycare so that I didn't have to deal with in and out of carseats. After 2 weeks, I was doing everything myself. Did it hurt, yes. Did it wreck anything, no. I was very careful to lift with my legs as much as possible.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:49 PM

Heartmom11 is on a distinguished road
I have a 30 pound 2 year old and I started lifting her right after three weeks. I would bend down and have her grab me and lift up with my legs. I am able to lift her find now with my arms.

KikiV likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Two time Mommy, now a Dr. Hunsaker XL Boob Queen!

kmk29again will become famous soon enough
The Doctor said 2 weeks.

The Doctor said 2 weeks, but I lifted my two year old after a week. It is just so hard taking care of a two year old and not lifting him. My Husband was going to take the time off of work to help, but with the Government Being shut down he had to go to work. I don't understand the logic either. But if he did not go back to work, any time off he took would be un-paid time off. But I am still healing and have not reached 2 weeks yet. This Thursday. KMK
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM

una1216 is on a distinguished road
I have wondered the same thing. My son is 37 lbs and just turned 3, but I still pick him up a lot (like when he runs away when we're leaving the playground!). My doctor's assistant said 6 weeks, but who can do that? She said it was to reduce pressure on the scars, which I understand, but I don't know how it's possible.

I'm glad to see there are 2-3 week recommendations. My husband will be home for about a week.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 AM

Bwalsh947 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by *Sparkles* View Post
Thank you for your reply! Did you find any discomfort from lifting her right away? Were you maybe more sore afterward?
Only that first couple times. I had surgery on a Wednesday and went to
Work on Monday. On Monday I picked her up from daycare and had to lift her to her stroller. I can walk her home. It was tight, but didn't pull anything. Like someone above mentioned, I changed her on the floor, had my hubby bring her up to me on the couch. I avoided asich as possible, but when she ran out into the parking lot at 2 weeks, I had to carry a flailing 2 year old across to the car. But I'm totally fine now at 3 weeks. Just have some help the first 5 days minimum!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bwalsh947 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 05:58 AM

WantingMelons is on a distinguished road
I didn't pick up my two year old for about 3-4 weeks and even then did it as little as possible. I taught him how to get in and out of a drop down crib that I set up for my healing time and would change him on the floor to make things easier. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 PM

Brovan1 is on a distinguished road
I was told by my PS not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. I also was told I couldn't lift my arms above my head for the first week.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
Hi Sparkles! I downsized with a lift when my son was around 1.5. I think I was told 2-3 weeks. But, I was also told I could use tricks like have him come up to me, grab onto my neck and I just stand up. There are creative at to find a way to hold him without bearing too much weight.

KikiV likes this.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 PM
rileyshotmama

productjunkie04 is on a distinguished road
i had my lift about 6 weeks ago and i have a 18 month old and i started lifting her about 1 and a half weeks later..but i wasnt cleared to until 2 weeks and he said minor lifting only when needed.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 PM

sistergirl is on a distinguished road
i have a 5 month old and a 2 yr old and i was given the ok at my 1 week to lift my baby carefully and i could lift both up no problem! no pain at all i just had to be careful and not do it all day.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM

Jerseylady80 is on a distinguished road
I'm 8 days out from a BA with lollipop lift. I've been lifting my 30lb 20 month old for the past 4 days. I just hold on to him and lift more with my legs. It's been fine. My ps told me I could lift whatever I felt comfortable with, but to try and not lift over 30lbs. Good luck!

KikiV likes this.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Mama2twoboys will become famous soon enough
great topic! I have a 37 pound 2 year old, and I'm a bit nervous about the "hold you" episodes, tantrums, and car set. Other than that, he's able to do a lot himself. My husband is planning for 5 days off... now I'm thinking we should go for a week?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 PM

Mama2twoboys will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jerseylady80 View Post
I'm 8 days out from a BA with lollipop lift. I've been lifting my 30lb 20 month old for the past 4 days. I just hold on to him and lift more with my legs. It's been fine. My ps told me I could lift whatever I felt comfortable with, but to try and not lift over 30lbs. Good luck!
You look amazing, by the way! I have similar stats and will be needing a BL&AG. Do you have any before/afters... you are the look I'm going for!