Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By *Sparkles*
  • 3 Post By Sunshinekat817
  • 3 Post By Running.Mama
  • 2 Post By Brovan1
  • 1 Post By Richele
  • 1 Post By Zzww21
  • 2 Post By Sunkiss04
  • 2 Post By Realtor

Healing....How long?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Question Healing....How long?

Hey ladies!

How long did it take you to heal from a lift, specifically an anchor lift? If you got a lift after you already had implants, did you find the recovery to be harder than just a BA, the same, or easier? I'm trying to prepare myself for what I'm in for :/ My BA was a breeze and I thought I'd be dying in pain but I wasn't. I didn't even take the pain killers!! I was shocked since getting my wisdom teeth yanked from my mouth hurt like hell and the recovery was horrible... I'm just afraid I'll experience horrible pain from a lift! :/

Sweet_Tea and Replicator like this.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Sunshinekat817 is on a distinguished road
For me I felt better ( meaning how close to normal and off pain meds) about 2 weeks maybe a bit longer. I'm not going to lie it was rough for me but not due to incisions. I had awful muscle spasms that seemed to last a long time. I had to ask for a refill of Valium and I was starting to get worried. Pain meds I was off within a week. I had a reduction, a full anchor lift and 550 s under. By week 4-5 I was feeling like 100% and week 6 back to gym with no restrictions. Hope that helps!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
I should have done it years ago!

Golden mom is on a distinguished road
I had the same question, so I'm curious to hear the answers.

Sunshinekat: was this your first surgery? From what my PS said today, since I already had my BA and if I choose to go up in implant size, they don't have to cut the muscle again. Just curious on your surgery since you seemed to have a lot of pain.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Running_Mama

Running.Mama is on a distinguished road
In all honesty, I'd say I was completely healed from my full anchor lift after about 3 months. I say that bc that's when I was able to start running without TOO much pain. Is it worth it? I think so, I got no implant and my boobs look so much better now even without the implant.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 PM

Brovan1 is on a distinguished road
I took 2 1/2 weeks off work (work in the medical field) and I was still pretty sore that first week back to work, but after that it got better and better. I got back to my workouts about 2 months after and no pain. I am six months out though and still feel sore sometimes, but for the most part they feel like my own! The first few months certain movements (pushing/pulling) would just feel strange and it was the implants moving in the pocket which was normal. Still notice it sometimes, but I am used to it now and barely pay attention to it!

It was totally worth it for me! I love the shape and size of my new boobs! I can't even believe what they looked like before when I look back at my pre surgery pics!

Good luck!

*Sparkles* and Sunshinekat817 like this.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 AM

suncandy25 is on a distinguished road
Hello I just need 2 ask this is my 7 days after surgery and im trouble sleeping because everytime I sleep in bed my back hurt or im in pain is there anyway u can give me advice what position I need to do in sleeping..thank u.hope u can help me.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 PM

Richele will become famous soon enough Richele will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by *Sparkles* View Post
Hey ladies!

How long did it take you to heal from a lift, specifically an anchor lift? If you got a lift after you already had implants, did you find the recovery to be harder than just a BA, the same, or easier? I'm trying to prepare myself for what I'm in for :/ My BA was a breeze and I thought I'd be dying in pain but I wasn't. I didn't even take the pain killers!! I was shocked since getting my wisdom teeth yanked from my mouth hurt like hell and the recovery was horrible... I'm just afraid I'll experience horrible pain from a lift! :/
Thanks for asking the question Sparkles. I had my revision downsizing implants in June. One implant now has CC and I have to go in for revision for that BEFORE my anchor lift...but am curious about the same things you asked about in your original post. Pain and healing from LIFT ONLY when implants were previously placed. Hopefully each person that posts will explain exactly what they had for surgery so there will be no misunderstanding ....if they are talking about lift only (or lift and implant surgery together at the same time).... so the pain/healing for a lift only can be more fairly evaluated.

*Sparkles* likes this.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:11 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
I had really bad pain when I had my full anchor and switched my overs to partial unders. It felt sort of like I had overworked my chest muscles. I think the pain was the worst when I would take off my surgical bra to shower.

I had to go back in to manually release the left muscle and lower the pocket. At the same time we did a benelli on the right as it did not lift up enough (I was told it may end up being a lollipop depending on how it went during surgery but I ended up with benelli).

I had little to no pain or discomfort. I know a benelli isn't a full anchor but having just the lift on that side and the pocket work on the left was a breeze. I would say it was the implants part of the surgery giving me the pain. Also because I switched to partial unders I had to have marinet stitches. These are the old fashioned type (not dissolvable) and they went from the overs pockets through to my actual nipples not areolas which was to keep the old pockets closed. I would say that caused me discomfort too.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM

Zzww21 is on a distinguished road
I had my full anchor lift/augmentation December 26! I am 3'weeks out to the day and feel about 98% back to normal! I have 2 small kids ages 1 and 2 so I had to get back in the game quick! I had my 3 week check up today and the dr said I am healing very well. I get some soreness when trying to reach for high or far things but other than that no other discomfort. I took my pain meds for a week, sleeping was the worst as I was instructed to sleep on my back for a week. I am able to sleep comfortably now but still trying to get used I the extra weight of the implants. Overall, it was a not-so-bad experience and I've never been happier with the new look of my boobs!

*Sparkles* likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zzww21 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 PM

Sunshinekat817 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Golden mom View Post
I had the same question, so I'm curious to hear the answers.

Sunshinekat: was this your first surgery? From what my PS said today, since I already had my BA and if I choose to go up in implant size, they don't have to cut the muscle again. Just curious on your surgery since you seemed to have a lot of pain.
Yes my first surgery, so that probably was the reason.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Sunkiss04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a full anchor lift and implants, I was in intense pain for the first three days and had to take the hard pain meds. These made me hallucinate (lol now) so I switched to extra strength Tylenol for the rest of the first week. It was better after the first week, less sore but still tender and I was careful to not lift heavy things. Driving with my arms raised was okay after the first week but I could feel forcing the muscles so I tried not to drive so much. I only iced during the first week. The scars unfortunately were quite a bother at the beginning and had to get seamless elastic free sports bras as the crease incisions were very very sore and anything hurt them.
I am now 1 year post op and can't believe the difference the anchor lift made! I would do it all over again if I had to. Just look at my pre op and there is just no comparison! Good luck

*Sparkles* and Richele like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunkiss04 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 PM

SumthinClever is on a distinguished road
I did the reverse, lift and then implants a year later. The implants were worse. I had hardly any pain with my lift. By 3 weeks I felt really close to normal. HTH.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:10 PM

Realtor is on a distinguished road
I had a lollipop lift with my BA, I didn't really have much pain from the lift. Just the swelling pressure and itchiness. Lol.

A few weeks ago I went in for a revision for my scars and because they dropped more than I wanted. When I awoke I had a full anchor lift. I had more pain the first 2 days but after that I really had no pain at all.

*Sparkles* and Richele like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Realtor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Thank you ladies for all your replies!! I guess it all depends on how we heal and how much pain we can tolerate. My BA was pretty much a breeze, but I just feel the incisions of a lift will be so much more delicate and I will dieeee in pain lol. Life stretching a little too much or something?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM

ArielRiley is on a distinguished road
I had a lift with implants 5 weeks ago and I'm still in pain! Nipple pain (from the inside) and at the crease like I'm wearing an underwire that's cutting in. It's not near as bad as it was, but I can feel the muscle straining. Feels like your breasts do when you're breastfeeding if you've gone through that.

I still don't have a complete range of motion either. I had very saggy breasts (several PS said that if I had done just the lift I would have gone from an F to a B) so I think there was a lot of lift work and the implants are under the muscle.

Had a TT too and the pain isn't nearly as bad there!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:04 PM

XMom2threeX is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by suncandy25 View Post
Hello I just need 2 ask this is my 7 days after surgery and im trouble sleeping because everytime I sleep in bed my back hurt or im in pain is there anyway u can give me advice what position I need to do in sleeping..thank u.hope u can help me.
Hey I used Dr.Hedden too.I got mine done a little over two weeks ago.I had/have the same problem.The best thing to do is take your meds before bedtime,and prop up some pillows and try to "sit up" and sleep.My back and shoulders were real sore from laying on the operating table so that's what made it hard for me and where I had the most pain.Make sure your taking multi vitamins too and one 500mg pill twice a day of vitamin C.It will hep you heal faster.You still have another uncomfortable couple weeks to go on the whole sleeping situation so just try to get as comfortable as you can with pillows and I would definitely ONLY recommend sleeping on your back.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM

kboo519 is on a distinguished road
I have my surgery Friday and I am beginning to get nervous over the healing period. I know it won't be easy or quick, I am just praying to feel good enough on day 5 to go back to work day 6. These posts have been so helpful. I will post my story once I am healed! Thanks to the ladies who have shared!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM

Replicator is on a distinguished road
I had a full anchor lift with 300 cc implants under the muscle 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I notice if I over-do it my nips will hurt and I'll lie down to relieve the pressure.

This was my 1 st surgury and a lot of skin was removed. My crease incisions still hurt all the time (unless I'm asleep)! I did by a band up to a 34 I. My sports bra and put gauze over my creases and that seems to have helped me today.

Morning time is the worst for muscle spasms. I do have muscle relaxers but they seem to work best if I'm consistent with them. I hate taking too many though because I know my dr will not write me any more.

Thanks everyone for the posts! We truly all heal so differently!