Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By BFH
  • 1 Post By texgirl2014
  • 1 Post By Jessica Rabbit
  • 1 Post By futureRMT
  • 2 Post By comet2129
  • 1 Post By Brovan1
  • 1 Post By Replicator
  • 1 Post By *Sparkles*

What would you do?

Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Question What would you do?

Sorry for my questions!!

I don't know what to do....

My PS says I'll need an anchor on my right breast and a donut on my left, but I really didn't think my breasts were that bad considering I did breastfeed with implants for 19 months... I'm not surgeon but I worry about scarring and the whole anchor lift.

Well, I emailed a highly recommended doctor on here to get his opinions. I reviewed his photo gallery of donut lifts of women who already had implants and his results are amazing and I found that a lot of women had much saggier breasts than I do and only got a donut lift. This PS said I'm a good candidate for just the donut lift; no talk of an anchor......ahhhh!! I don't know what to do!! I really want to go back to my PS because I did have amazing results with him and I prefer to be near my doctor if something were to go wrong....

What would you do? Go back to the original PS and discuss only doing a donut lift? I just didn't question him (even though my heart sank at the sound of an anchor lift) since he's the surgeon and knows best compared to me.

I took a pic of me last night and posted it to my post op album.....

TIA!!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:28 AM
BFH
My name is babyfromheaven and I am a bra-aholic.

BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of BFH has much to be proud of
I think you still look gorgeous. I haven't had a lift, but if I were in your situation I think I'd go back for another consult with your current surgeon and talk specifically about just a donut lift. Maybe also find another local PS to have a third opinion. Is it the idea of having an anchor lift or the idea of having different scars that is bothersome?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:56 PM

texgirl2014 is on a distinguished road
I was also told I need a lift and was so upset I didn't think to ask what kind he was recommending for me. Had to take a few hours to process it then call back to ask questions. I have a lot of confidence in the ps I chose though so that helps. If you are on the fence I'd get another opinion. Sending FR!

*Sparkles* likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to texgirl2014 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2013, 03:21 PM

Jessica Rabbit is on a distinguished road
What I have noticed is that it seems some PS will do more then the other to make a certain look. Mine opened the inner section of my chest stating that it was necessary for the "look" that I wanted. Is it possible that your original doc is specifically thinking about what it takes to make you happy? I would def talk to him again.

*Sparkles* likes this.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 PM

futureRMT is on a distinguished road
I don't know if this helps or not but my experience is...
I had one ps reccomend the nipple lift your talking about
And the other three either said Lolli or anchor
One of the the Lolli reccomenders said if I did the
Benelli nipple lift I wouldn't be happy with results
And for my stage of ptosis it would end up causing dimpling
So I went with the ps I liked the best longest standing rep
An best before and afters
I am a little over two weeks and very happy this far
I don't regret it and I am confident if I follow his instructions I will
Have little to no scarring.
When it comes to lifts I think it's mostly skill then genetic predisposition to scarring
Even my bf has said it's amazing how thin the line is as he has been right there
Searching before and afters with me
But all my experience aside
If I were you I would get more in person opinions
And talk to your original ps as well about your concerns

As much as I love the ability we have to communicate accross the globe
I may be the odd one out here but I don't believe you can expect
Someone who isn't seeing you in person to give as thorough of an evaluation
As a ps who takes measurements and sees you in person
Just my opinion
But I wish you the best of luck in your decision

*Sparkles* likes this.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM

comet2129 is on a distinguished road
I had major reservations about the lift. I almost pulled out. I also asked my doc about a donut/Benelli lift instead to avoid the scars. She said she did not do them and if that was my preferred method I'd have to go elsewhere. Too many risks. She said sometime the nipple "starburst" and it puts a lot of tension on the areola/nipple where a lollolipop and anchor help reduce the tension. She did say if I wanted to skip the lift I could but then she would want to do the areola reduction in 6 months. She was very honest and informative. However she was clear that to achieve the results i was aiming for, an anchor lift was goin to achieve that. She nailed it! I had lots of discussion and said I agreed the lift was necessary BUT still asked her to check me out in surgery with sizers before cutting me up to see if I might look ok without it. She said she tried and knew I wouldn't be satisfied. The nurses were also on board. I love love my new look and am so glad I went with her suggestion and trusted her and her expertise.

*Sparkles* and Barbietatas like this.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Brovan1 is on a distinguished road
Not sure how "saggy" you are, but all I can do is share my story. I actually started looking in having a BA 5 years ago. I thought if they just filled them up again, all would be good! As I started researching it became pretty obvious that just a BA was not an option for me. I would most likely need a full anchor lift and to be honest the scars terrified me. I felt that it wasn't worth it at the time and felt that the photos I saw of anchor lifts looked awful. Then a few years went by and I was just so tired of how I looked. My boobs were sad! So I started researching again, found a few surgeons whose before and after photos were amazing. I picked my surgeon based on his perfection. Yes I have scars, but in time they will be hardly noticeable and the shape of my breasts are so much better. I was most nervous about my husbands reaction to them. I was afraid he would be turned off by the scarring, but he loves them so much more than before-scars and all. I would have never received the results I wanted without getting a full lift. I would have just had bigger saggy boobs!

Good luck, only you can make the decision to get a lift or not. You will need to decide what's more important, the desired look or shape you want with scars, or maybe no scars but not quite the exact shape you want.

*Sparkles* likes this.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Replicator is on a distinguished road
My ptosis was stage 2 and had been for more than 12 years. Being a D since 8th grade and almost 2 decades of gymnastics took its toll.

Then add in 2 breastfeeding babies in a span of 4 years and I was a prime candidate for full anchor, lollipop with areola reshaping.

I will say that the lollipop part of the scar is smooth and not bad at all! I'm so very happy so far. The anchor is not as smooth but you really can't see that unless I'm lifting the breast.

I'll be honest that the pain is a bit more than expected but all I do is go back to my pre- op pics to remind me why I'm doing this.

Best of luck with you decision! I think it's most important to review only lift pics that are 6+ month post-op. Any earlier will not give you accurate representation of final results.

*Sparkles* likes this.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 AM

*Sparkles* has a spectacular aura *Sparkles* has a spectacular aura
Thank you ladies for all your opinions and insight! I truly appreciate it!! Sorry I haven't been on in a while since asking my question....things have gotten hectic in life haha. All of you have very valid points and I do think my PS has my best interest in mind. I guess I'm scared of the scarring is because the anchor lift would only be on one side. I'm afraid of feeling lopsided or just look different when naked. The good thing is I do scar well *knock on wood* and my original crease scars are almost invisible.

Replicator likes this.