Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Galleriagirl11
  • 1 Post By KittyQueen
  • 2 Post By MadisonM

Wanting to downsize with a lift so upset with what the Dr said

Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3
Galleriagirl11 is on a distinguished road
Wanting to downsize with a lift so upset with what the Dr said

I just want to cry. Here's my story had BA in 98 then had 2 kids & after breastfeeding I was borderline lift so I went up in size silicone to 433 in 2008 trying to avoid the scars. I feel way to big & want to downsize to something similar I had before plus get a lift. I feel like I have giant saggy boobs. After talking with a plastic surgeon he wants to break this down into 3 surgeries over 6 months & it will cost me over $20k!! They said first the implant must be removed to let the pocket & skin shrink for a few months, then have a lift done & let that heal a couple months then I can have the implant. I feel so frustrated. Does anyone have any experience with this? Was your surgery broken into 3?

CURIOUS DD likes this.
Galleriagirl11 is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Newlife24o's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 114
Newlife24o is on a distinguished road
I have heard of two separate surgeries (lift first then implants) but never 3. I guess it depends on the doctors preference. I just down sized with a lift and my doctor was able to do it in one surgery. There are doctors out there that can do the lift and implant at the same time but if you like your PS work and don't mind paying the 20 G ... Go for it
Newlife24o is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Cat Whisperer
KittyQueen's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 175
KittyQueen is on a distinguished road
If you're not willing to go through 3 surgeries, maybe consider consultations with some other PS's to get different opinions? I've heard of many cases where an implant was exchanged with a breast lift before. It seems you should be able to find someone who could do that for you. Did your PS explain why you needed to do them all seperately? It doesn't make sense to me that you'd have to wait for the skin to shrink after the removal if you're going to have a lift anyway? I'm no expert though, but that confuses me.

Woo likes this.
KittyQueen is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 03:54 AM
Lara Croft
MadisonM's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Emerald Coast of Florida
Posts: 1,596
MadisonM will become famous soon enough
I would go on more consults. I downsized and had my internal bra and full anchor lift redone and it was done all in the same surgery.

Woo and RedQueen61 like this.
MadisonM is offline  
Old 05-28-2016, 04:29 AM
Join Date: May 2016
Location: atlanta georgia
Posts: 21
kann71 is on a distinguished road
I don't feel like I could argue with a surgeon... but I wonder how much your skin would "shrink" between procedures. 3 sounds like a lot... maybe you could ask him/her how many times they have done it in 3, why not 2, etc. he/she might have some legitimate reasons and/or experience that has him/her doing it that way
kann71 is offline  
Old 05-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Hot_Potato's Avatar
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 55
Hot_Potato is on a distinguished road
I agree with the other ladies and ask for clarification, as well as possibly getting a second and possibly 3rd opinion.

Good luck! I hope you can achieve the results you want at a reasonable price.
Hot_Potato is offline  
Old 07-12-2016, 05:45 AM
noseinlawbook's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TEXAS!!!
Posts: 84
noseinlawbook is on a distinguished road
This shouldn't take more than two procedures. One to remove your existing implant and then you wait 6 to 8 weeks to see how much your natural tissues fluff back out which will then determine how much of a lift and or the volume of implant you will then need if any. Basically the last two surgeries your doc is suggesting should be combined into one.

My doc told me it was important to wait between surgeries when downsizing bc by going up to 500s - on someone petite like me, the pocket was just huge and if he did the downsizing of implants and lift all at once, I may not be able to go down as small as I wanted. Would've defeated the purpose as he warned me I might wake up with 400s & anchor lift scars instead of the 500s - I still would've been too big.

Ultimately I fluffed out big time on my own and because of breaking it up into two surgeries I am now happy to report that I am now an anchor lifted, full 32E completely implant free. Im only two weeks out from my surgery so I'm sure I'm still a bit swollen. Even if I go down to a D, to be implant free, I'm ok with that. I do think it was so important to give my breasts time to heal and try to go back to their own thing after implant removal. You will not believe how fast they change! Best of luck to you.

Last edited by noseinlawbook; 07-12-2016 at 05:48 AM. Reason: One more thing...
noseinlawbook is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off