Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.


Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Cocoina
  • 1 Post By Chquinta
  • 1 Post By Mandarose
  • 1 Post By Shivey
  • 1 Post By Cocoina

Managing pain with Anchor

Old 07-28-2016, 05:55 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Cocoina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 42
Cocoina is on a distinguished road
Managing pain with Anchor

How long did you ladies with an anchor lift and implants have pain? It's been a week and I'm still needing to take paid meds and muscle relaxers every few hours. I've had babies without meds, have had hematoma, so I know what pain is lol but I feel like a wuss! Hoping others can give me some feed back and what they're doing to manage the pain. Am I silly for already refilling my muscle relaxers at the pharmacy?

Chquinta likes this.
Cocoina is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 07:09 PM
  #2  
If life gives you lemons a simply operation allows melons
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 281
Chquinta is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cocoina View Post
How long did you ladies with an anchor lift and implants have pain? It's been a week and I'm still needing to take paid meds and muscle relaxers every few hours. I've had babies without meds, have had hematoma, so I know what pain is lol but I feel like a wuss! Hoping others can give me some feed back and what they're doing to manage the pain. Am I silly for already refilling my muscle relaxers at the pharmacy?
Well I didn't have the anchor lift so it might not help you much but I did have the donut lift and I stopped taking the pain Med's after day 2. Could be just the muscles that's causing the pain. U clearly can handle some pain so I'm not sure y this is hurting u so much but I hope it gets better for you.

Cocoina likes this.
Chquinta is offline  
Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 PM
  #3  
 
Mandarose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 162
Mandarose is on a distinguished road
I say don't worry about it, take your meds and be comfortable. I saw all these posts about women being off meds by day 2 so I thought well heck so should I. Well by day 5 my sternum was so achy I was worried about healing. But then I took pain meds again thru out the day and I felt a ton better by the next day. I think I'd needlessly gone off them too soon and I suffered from it. If you need them take them

Cocoina likes this.
Mandarose is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandarose For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2016, 10:03 PM
  #4  
Thread Starter
 
Cocoina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 42
Cocoina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mandarose View Post
I say don't worry about it, take your meds and be comfortable. I saw all these posts about women being off meds by day 2 so I thought well heck so should I. Well by day 5 my sternum was so achy I was worried about healing. But then I took pain meds again thru out the day and I felt a ton better by the next day. I think I'd needlessly gone off them too soon and I suffered from it. If you need them take them
You're right. That's all I keep thinking about. "I didn't even take anything, maybe half a Tylenol than I ran a marathon." ..... I'll just keep taking what I need and put my pride down ha
It is hard taking it easy tho with kids, so that can be a factor as well. Thank you!
Cocoina is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Shivey is on a distinguished road
Hi. I had a full anchor with unders 3 weeks ago. I had a lot of pain in the first week and took my pain killers religiously. In the early second week I was still on them. Towards the end of that week I was able to reduce down to just having some in the morning. This week has been a lot easier. I can really feel the difference. Mucsle pain has gone. It's just the incision sites that are sore. That firest week is the worst. Don't worry about the pain relief just take what you need and soon you will know when you can reduce.
It's the itching now driving me mad from the stretching and the healing
Arghhh.

Chquinta likes this.
Shivey is offline  
Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 87
blubug527 is on a distinguished road
I had a revision on the 17th (new implants, internal bra, Strattice) and was on pain meds for a week and then only at night for a few days. I tried to go off them completely a few days ago and have been waking up with terrible back pain so I took one today and feel better. I think you're fine and everyone heals differently. I was initially worried too because my sister in law has had hers done 3 times and was shopping the next day and that's what I was expecting. I think if you get to week 3 and are still in a ton of pain contact your plastic surgeon just to confirm he thinks things are ok. Xoxo
blubug527 is offline  
Old 08-01-2016, 08:11 AM
  #7  
 
happyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 58
happyflower is on a distinguished road
Everyone has given great advice. The only thing I would add is to ice, if you aren't already. If you are applying ice, maybe try applying it even more. I use to apply cold packs to my compression bra-ed breast many times a day. Usually first thing in the morning was a must. Ice helps with the pain sooooooo much. I assume it's because it is cutting down on the swelling. My PS suggested I apply ice for only a few weeks. A friend of mine ,who had her BA a year before me, suggested that I ice until the pain or swelling went away. So I probably iced religiously for a month. The ice pack or cold packs help an amazing amount.
Best of luck and congratulations!!!
happyflower is offline  
Old 08-03-2016, 08:45 PM
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Cocoina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 42
Cocoina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by happyflower View Post
Everyone has given great advice. The only thing I would add is to ice, if you aren't already. If you are applying ice, maybe try applying it even more. I use to apply cold packs to my compression bra-ed breast many times a day. Usually first thing in the morning was a must. Ice helps with the pain sooooooo much. I assume it's because it is cutting down on the swelling. My PS suggested I apply ice for only a few weeks. A friend of mine ,who had her BA a year before me, suggested that I ice until the pain or swelling went away. So I probably iced religiously for a month. The ice pack or cold packs help an amazing amount.
Best of luck and congratulations!!!
Thank you for this! My PS never told me about ice packs or anything related to ice.. But it makes sense. I'm going to have to do this.

happyflower likes this.
Cocoina is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off