Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree23Likes

Revision maybe???

Reply Subscribe
Old 08-31-2016, 01:26 PM
If life gives you lemons a simply operation allows melons

Chquinta is on a distinguished road
Revision maybe???

So I'm starting to think my donut lift didn't work for me and maybe I need to go back and get a revision to a lollipop lift??? My ? Is will I have to pay full price for the lift if the doctor thinks the donut didn't work or should I say if he agrees with me that the saggying is still there even with the implants? I have open wounds due to spitting stitches so ps said he would do scar revision he seems to think the lift is ok but the more I look at everyone's pics mine look bad. I'm sad now thinking hubby spent all this money and my breast aren't perky like the way I thought they would be..
Old 08-31-2016, 05:42 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Chquinta View Post
So I'm starting to think my donut lift didn't work for me and maybe I need to go back and get a revision to a lollipop lift??? My ? Is will I have to pay full price for the lift if the doctor thinks the donut didn't work or should I say if he agrees with me that the saggying is still there even with the implants? I have open wounds due to spitting stitches so ps said he would do scar revision he seems to think the lift is ok but the more I look at everyone's pics mine look bad. I'm sad now thinking hubby spent all this money and my breast aren't perky like the way I thought they would be..
I'm with you on this one... I think you need a second opinion. You've had open wounds far too long. Reach out to CFBoobies, I think she went through something similar.

KayKay1206 likes this.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:43 PM

yes I think I will ask her about it.. I did send some pics to Dr. Revis on this forum to see what his opinion is about the saggy is it my lift or what it could be? You dont think its bottoming out do you I havent seen pics of what that looks like so Im not sure.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:06 PM

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
I think it's the lift, but I am not a surgeon. If you didn't have the open wound situation going on, I think that you would sit higher.

Chquinta likes this.

Last edited by BooBitties; 08-31-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:14 PM

MochaMochi is on a distinguished road
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through
Do you know how much time you'll need to heal between now and the (possible) revision? I believe your wounds will have to close before they can do another surgery, right?

Chquinta likes this.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MochaMochi View Post
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through
Do you know how much time you'll need to heal between now and the (possible) revision? I believe your wounds will have to close before they can do another surgery, right?
Thanks mochamochi he said I need to wait a year so they can heal and he can do the scar revision but I'm not sure about the lift. I asked him the last time I saw him if he thought the lift was good and he said yes so I'm not sure if he will agree that the lift didn't work.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
I think it's the lift, but I am not a surgeon. If you didn't have the open wound situation going on, I think that you would sit higher.
Do u think when he goes in and does the scar revision that would fix the lift or no?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 PM

Do u think when he goes in and does the scar revision that would fix the lift or no?
Just by looking at it, it looks like your nipple should be at the top of the open wound. I don't know this for a fact, but maybe the "scar revision" is code for lift correction.

I'm very interested in what Revis says. He may suggest a more aggressive lift - but that's because I know how he is, not on a personal level, just by reading through his responses to others.

Last edited by BooBitties; 08-31-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Ready to go from floppy to firm!!!

SONGlove is on a distinguished road
I completely feel you! I have not had the wound openings, but my lift feels ... Not to my desire. I feel like i didn't get what I paid for 😔. I am going in Friday (I moved my appointment up from the 19th, because it has been stressing me out so bad, and keeping me awake at night), to see what the PS says.

I have not got a 2nd opinion, but based on how Friday goes, will dictate exactly how I will be proceeding. Now I'm a bit of a spitfire, so I will go take it as far as needed, but I hate the thought that I will have to minimally go through surgery again, and the stress of the confrontation 😩.

Please let us know what dr. Revis says. He is one of my 3-5 backups, that I will be consulting if my PS isn't able to fix It. I really hope all goes very smooth for you, but as we had ours done at almost at the same time, I've been keeping up with your progress ... And feel we both did not get the 'lift' results, that most of the other ladies have.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by SONGlove View Post
I completely feel you! I have not had the wound openings, but my lift feels ... Not to my desire. I feel like i didn't get what I paid for 😔. I am going in Friday (I moved my appointment up from the 19th, because it has been stressing me out so bad, and keeping me awake at night), to see what the PS says.

I have not got a 2nd opinion, but based on how Friday goes, will dictate exactly how I will be proceeding. Now I'm a bit of a spitfire, so I will go take it as far as needed, but I hate the thought that I will have to minimally go through surgery again, and the stress of the confrontation 😩.

Please let us know what dr. Revis says. He is one of my 3-5 backups, that I will be consulting if my PS isn't able to fix It. I really hope all goes very smooth for you, but as we had ours done at almost at the same time, I've been keeping up with your progress ... And feel we both did not get the 'lift' results, that most of the other ladies have.
Yes I completely understand how you are feeling! I have been wanting this pretty much since I stopped growing and didnt develop anything. I dont know how to bring it up to my ps without sounding like he didnt do his job right or maybe him feeling like that. I have an appt on Sept 6th. to see how my wounds are doing I guess Ill talk to him about it then I just feel like hes gonna say the lift is fine like hes been saying and I mean I pd alot of money for them to look almost the same.

Im patiently waiting for Dr. Revis to answer me back to see what he say. Im really bummed thinking that hes going to say i needed a more aggressive lift and my ps is gonna tell me its going to be full price and I dont have that right now and hubby says hes not going to pay again so Ill have to wait until I come up with the money again but if hes gonna have to do scar revision I would rather get it all done then as long as its not the full price maybe Ill just have to pay for the anesthesia fee but I think Im just kidding myself with that. Has anybody every been through this and what is the protocol would it be considered revision cause the lift didnt work or would they make me pay like a new patient I wonder.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:09 AM

Dr. Revis

Well I just heard back from Dr. Revis and he did say i would need a revision and a more aggressive lift and I would have to wait 6-12 months so that my wounds heal and softened up which my ps said he would wait 12 mths to do the scar revision I just hope he wont charge me full price again cuz I wont have the money to get it done and I would just have to do the scar revision as it has to be within 1 yr so I only pay for supply fees from what the nurse told me.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Ready to go from floppy to firm!!!

SONGlove is on a distinguished road
Well I just heard back from Dr. Revis and he did say i would need a revision and a more aggressive lift and I would have to wait 6-12 months so that my wounds heal and softened up which my ps said he would wait 12 mths to do the scar revision I just hope he wont charge me full price again cuz I wont have the money to get it done and I would just have to do the scar revision as it has to be within 1 yr so I only pay for supply fees from what the nurse told me.
I can tell thru this journey with you, that you are super sweet and maybe kind of 'be and let be' personality ... please feel free to correct me if i am wrong! BUT ... you and your family have invested a lot of money, time, etc into this 'cosmetic' surgery, so that you can feel better about your breast ... please do not feel like you cannot bring up your concerns to your PS. It is not only their job, but their responsibility to right this wrong. You aren't asking for a refund on you dinner because you don't like the flavor ... this is surgery. Think of it like this: if it was something considered 'not elective', like a gall bladder surgery, and it was not executed correctly ... would you be questioning who pays what, or demanding your right to have it corrected?

The fact that we 'choose' to invest in an 'cosmetic' surgery, does not allow flexibility in whether they choose to complete the job correctly. Stand strong, this is your temple!

And know I am going to have to do the same thing tomorrow ... fingers are crossed for both of us !

BooBitties likes this.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by SONGlove View Post
I can tell thru this journey with you, that you are super sweet and maybe kind of 'be and let be' personality ... please feel free to correct me if i am wrong! BUT ... you and your family have invested a lot of money, time, etc into this 'cosmetic' surgery, so that you can feel better about your breast ... please do not feel like you cannot bring up your concerns to your PS. It is not only their job, but their responsibility to right this wrong. You aren't asking for a refund on you dinner because you don't like the flavor ... this is surgery. Think of it like this: if it was something considered 'not elective', like a gall bladder surgery, and it was not executed correctly ... would you be questioning who pays what, or demanding your right to have it corrected?

The fact that we 'choose' to invest in an 'cosmetic' surgery, does not allow flexibility in whether they choose to complete the job correctly. Stand strong, this is your temple!

And know I am going to have to do the same thing tomorrow ... fingers are crossed for both of us !

Yes I can seem that way but in person Ive heard from others that I look like im a B or that Iam not someone to mess with and my mouth is part of that to regular street ppl.
When I talk to ppl like more professional or i dont know the term I feel little to them and wont speak up. I will probably talk to the nurse first and let her know my concern and she see what he thinks but if they both in there at the same time then ill just have to tell him I feel like the lift didnt work and Iam not satisfied with the lift I feel it is still saggy and I just show him pics of what I want the outcome to be. Hopefully he will say yes it didnt come out right.

Please keep in touch and let me know what the doctor tells you tomorrow. My appt is next tuesday.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:13 PM

CP55161 is on a distinguished road
What kind of lift did you have?

I had a full anchor lift probably about a week or 2 before you. I also downsized my implants at the same time. I'm not thrilled with my incisions or the scarring. Like you, I've had some problems with the spitting stitches but my open wounds are not nearly as big. I am, however, very pleased with the lift. My breasts are up high.

I hope you can work up the nerve to politely but firmly tell your surgeon that you are not happy with your results and you want to know what your options are. I know it is intimidating. I don't think I always speak up as much as I should.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CP55161 View Post
What kind of lift did you have?

I had a full anchor lift probably about a week or 2 before you. I also downsized my implants at the same time. I'm not thrilled with my incisions or the scarring. Like you, I've had some problems with the spitting stitches but my open wounds are not nearly as big. I am, however, very pleased with the lift. My breasts are up high.

I hope you can work up the nerve to politely but firmly tell your surgeon that you are not happy with your results and you want to know what your options are. I know it is intimidating. I don't think I always speak up as much as I should.
Sorry this thing doesnt update like I wished it would. I only have a donut lift done cause he said thats all i really needed.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Check Up today!!!!

Well just wanted to update yall a little on my Appt this moring..The nurse had me undress and put the half gown on then asked if I had any questions or concerns today and I explained to her I had concern with the lift not working or looking the way I thought. She said ok go ahead and get undressed and Ill come back in, so when she came in she said we are going to go take some after pics so we went to the other room and she took the same pics as pre op and then said lets look. So I feel she was trying to tell me the lift did work and theres nothing we can do with the donut lift it only does so much. So we looked and yes I can tell it did lift some but not the way I wanted so she said lets go back in the room and bring the ps in to see what he can explain and options.

So I waited there maybe 5 mins and he comes in checks my open wounds says there doing great and explained that the donut lift only does so much so we would wait 12 months and we can do the scar revision and also said theres a couple of options he can do for the lift we can go back in at the office and take some more skin around the aerola but that might not help as much so he said he could also do the lollipop or vertical to give me the look I am wanting! I questioned weather he could do the lollipop or vertical in the office or would it have to be in the OR he said either/or if I do it in the OR I would only have to pay the hospital fee not his part too. So thats a big relief that he wont charge me to do the more aggressive lift. Now to decide what is better the office or the OR I still have time to decide since in wont be until July or August of next year.

Then he gives me have you thought about a tummy tuck it will get rid of your strech marks and make you look alot better slimmer you boobs will look even bigger. Im like oh I dont know I dont like the scar across my whole stomach. Hes like you wont even see it its so far down. Hes like it would be the best time while Iam in there doing the revision if in OR i can do the tummy tuck same time. Im like ok well Ill think about it.

Now I know Im fat but I think if I work out the way I was suppose to and get my eating on track I dont think I need a tummy tuck. I mean Im only a size 6-10 depends on clothes so like can I start with liposuction first i mean I dont think its thats drastic that I need a tummy tuck.....lol when I was training I got down to a size 2 so I know I just need to get on it so he doesnt say I need a tummy tuck to make my boobs look bigger...
Old 09-06-2016, 02:17 PM

I questioned weather he could do the lollipop or vertical in the office or would it have to be in the OR he said either/or if I do it in the OR I would only have to pay the hospital fee not his part too. So thats a big relief that he wont charge me to do the more aggressive lift. Now to decide what is better the office or the OR I still have time to decide since in wont be until July or August of next year.
OR, without a doubt. It's not a 5 min procedure. Still major surgery - one that some go in for w/o implants (reduction/lift only). If it were me, I would not have it done in office, unless he has a real surgical suite, but since he performed your surgery in the OR before, my guess is that he does not have a surgical suite. Not many surgeons would have both...that I know of. I'd want the safety of the OR, you should find out exactly what he has and if others have had in office procedures outside of botox in there.

Glad he's not going to charge you his surgical fees.

Then he gives me have you thought about a tummy tuck it will get rid of your strech marks and make you look alot better slimmer you boobs will look even bigger. Im like oh I dont know I dont like the scar across my whole stomach. Hes like you wont even see it its so far down. Hes like it would be the best time while Iam in there doing the revision if in OR i can do the tummy tuck same time. Im like ok well Ill think about it.

Now I know Im fat but I think if I work out the way I was suppose to and get my eating on track I dont think I need a tummy tuck. I mean Im only a size 6-10 depends on clothes so like can I start with liposuction first i mean I dont think its thats drastic that I need a tummy tuck.....lol when I was training I got down to a size 2 so I know I just need to get on it so he doesnt say I need a tummy tuck to make my boobs look bigger...
NO. That was a sales pitch and a ****** one at that. (you can use your imagination on what's behind those asterisks)

I have NOTHING against a good ol' tummy tuck, but when it's suggested to you or anyone, I don't think that it's a good move to push forward with it. If you wanted a TT, you would have asked for it the first time. Look what he made you think about yourself:

but I think if I work out the way I was suppose to and get my eating on track I dont think I need a tummy tuck. I mean Im only a size 6-10 depends on clothes so like can I start with liposuction first i mean I dont think its thats drastic that I need a tummy tuck.....lol when I was training I got down to a size 2 so I know I just need to get on it so he doesnt say I need a tummy tuck to make my boobs look bigger...
The words that I am thinking will decimate the word filter so I will not type them.

Last edited by BooBitties; 09-06-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Well just wanted to update yall a little on my Appt this moring..The nurse had me undress and put the half gown on then asked if I had any questions or concerns today and I explained to her I had concern with the lift not working or looking the way I thought. She said ok go ahead and get undressed and Ill come back in, so when she came in she said we are going to go take some after pics so we went to the other room and she took the same pics as pre op and then said lets look. So I feel she was trying to tell me the lift did work and theres nothing we can do with the donut lift it only does so much. So we looked and yes I can tell it did lift some but not the way I wanted so she said lets go back in the room and bring the ps in to see what he can explain and options.

So I waited there maybe 5 mins and he comes in checks my open wounds says there doing great and explained that the donut lift only does so much so we would wait 12 months and we can do the scar revision and also said theres a couple of options he can do for the lift we can go back in at the office and take some more skin around the aerola but that might not help as much so he said he could also do the lollipop or vertical to give me the look I am wanting! I questioned weather he could do the lollipop or vertical in the office or would it have to be in the OR he said either/or if I do it in the OR I would only have to pay the hospital fee not his part too. So thats a big relief that he wont charge me to do the more aggressive lift. Now to decide what is better the office or the OR I still have time to decide since in wont be until July or August of next year.

It does sound sales pitchy however, with that said- my daughter is a size 0 and she's having a mommy makeover in December. She eats clean and works out nearly everyday. She is in the best shape of her life but liposuction doesn't remove excess skin. I don't know what your abdomen looks like but if you have loose skin, the only way to get rid of it is with a TT. My daughter had twins weighing a total of 12 pounds and she's only 5 feet tall. She can do a million crunches and that loose skin is still gonna be there. It sounds like you have a lot of time to consider it so do what you can for now and see where you are closer to the time of your revision.

BooBitties and Chquinta like this.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
It does sound sales pitchy however, with that said- my daughter is a size 0 and she's having a mommy makeover in December. She eats clean and works out nearly everyday. She is in the best shape of her life but liposuction doesn't remove excess skin. I don't know what your abdomen looks like but if you have loose skin, the only way to get rid of it is with a TT. My daughter had twins weighing a total of 12 pounds and she's only 5 feet tall. She can do a million crunches and that loose skin is still gonna be there. It sounds like you have a lot of time to consider it so do what you can for now and see where you are closer to the time of your revision.
I think the thing that sketches me out is the sales pitch. Personally, I'd love a mini TT, but curses on the surgeon that suggests it first! lol

Chquinta likes this.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:49 PM

PorcelainPeach will become famous soon enough
IMO, when you go in to discuss your boobs and have no mention of the TT, it's downright offensive of him to bring up another procedure to you.......

If you really want a TT, it's certainly something to consider given you'll be under the knife already...I just don't get the best vibe from this doc from your posts because I'm honestly annoyed with him telling you a donut lift "only does so much." Um, if it only does so much...why wouldn't he choose something else to begin with?
Reply Subscribe