Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Mdlg1955
  • 3 Post By KayKay1206
  • 1 Post By Mdlg1955

Makeup/ bronzer over scars?

Old 05-14-2017, 04:20 PM

Xoxoet is on a distinguished road
Makeup/ bronzer over scars?

Hello! I am 8 weeks post op from a full anchor lift without implants. My scars have been healing nicely so far (thank god) but they are still noticeable and are in the healing process. I'm using silicone sheets and gel to help them heal. I'm wondering if it's okay to put makeup or body bronzer/self tanner on the scars? Can it possibly make them hyperpigmented? Also, when did your scars finally blend in with your skin? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:55 AM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Xoxoet View Post
Hello! I am 8 weeks post op from a full anchor lift without implants. My scars have been healing nicely so far (thank god) but they are still noticeable and are in the healing process. I'm using silicone sheets and gel to help them heal. I'm wondering if it's okay to put makeup or body bronzer/self tanner on the scars? Can it possibly make them hyperpigmented? Also, when did your scars finally blend in with your skin? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Hi, It's really best to check with your own PS on what products are safe to put on your incisions post surgically. I will say at 8 weeks you're still pretty early in the scar healing process. Scars go through several phases of healing according to experts. When they first close up they usually look pretty good; then collagen begins to form and they often get red (or darken) for a period of time. Some call this the "angry phase."

Everyone heals at different rate. For me the "angry phase" was between two and four months. From that point (4 mo po) my scars slowly faded; at 9 mo po they blend in much better, although still slightly visible. The literature I've read says it can take 12 to 18 months (or longer) before you see the final results. Google "scar healing phases" for more details.

My opinion: You mention you're using silicone sheet/gel. I think it may be counterproductive to be applying make-up to your incision while doing scar therapy. Have you checked the manufactures instructions (of the brand you're using) for the length of time they recommend you use their product? Be sure to check with your own PS on this matter as well. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:07 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
scars can take well up to a year to fade. and that also depends on how you scar in general.

8 weeks is still very early! here are my scars at 2, 3, 4, 5 months. just gotta be patient

BooBitties, Mdlg1955 and Larue like this.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:21 AM

Mdlg1955 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
scars can take well up to a year to fade. and that also depends on how you scar in general

....here are my scars at 2, 3, 4, 5 months. just gotta be patient

KayKay, your scars look fantastic! Wish mine could heal as fast. I hope to get as good of results at 12 months that you have at five months. Btw, as they say (literally speaking): "time heals all wounds." :-)

KayKay1206 likes this.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:19 AM

smboobs is on a distinguished road
I have scars on my stomach going from just below the panty line to an inch or so past my belly-button from a burst appendix.. mis-diagnosed as 'cramps'. Anyways, I put sun screen on it every day, two or three times if I was going to be in direct sunlight. This kept it healing in the same color as the surrounding skin.

My friend does micro needling for facials. I didn't get this on my stomach yet, but it got rid of all the scars on my face from teenage acne (crater face to baby face!!). Probably will work well with any scar.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:15 PM
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. ~dune~

Willowways will become famous soon enough
Do you know what mm microneedles rollers she used?
Old 09-25-2021, 10:46 AM

IsacCornish is on a distinguished road
If you apply a bronzer to the scar, it will simply wash off since the skin texture is entirely different there. It is smoother and without pores. My sister, through her stupidity, somehow cut herself with a stationery knife. The scar was located from the beginning of the cheekbone to its end. The most disturbing thing was that it was three days before graduation. The scar wouldn't have healed by that time, so she decided to cover it with a bronzer. It looked terrible. The scar turned yellow, and the face looked untidy, but it was quickly washed away. So, the scars cannot be covered up in any way. Before graduation, she just made up her eyes bright with an eye pencil and covered up the bruises under her eyes with concealer.