Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Freaking Out about Donut Lift

Old 05-09-2018, 10:25 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Freaking Out about Donut Lift

I am hoping to hear personal experiences from some people who have had Donut Lifts combined w/ larger implants. Are you happy with the lift or do you regret it? How long was your lift healing? Any complications or revisions? How long did you have your scar?

I have heard that Donut Lifts w/ simultaneous periareolar placement of implants increase your risk of capsular contracture by 34%! I mean, 34% is a HUGE number. I've also read there is a increased risk of complications in general, increased risk of revision surgery, etc. Potentiality for severe scarring, nipple flattening & areola stretching. Not to mention I'm stumbling upon Donut lift horror story after horror story while I'm actually searching the internet for POSITIVE outcomes! It's as if the positive experiences simply don't exist lol Yikes!

Anyone have a Donut lift w/ implants whose willing to share their experience with me, I would be so grateful! I do have a secondary consult to discuss my concerns, but I am losing sleep over this. My breasts have been a huge source of emotional distress for so long and I feel like I cannot afford the emotional toll of something going wrong during a surgery that's intended to improve my situation.

Thanks in advance for all comments.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Jennaven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
I am hoping to hear personal experiences from some people who have had Donut Lifts combined w/ larger implants. Are you happy with the lift or do you regret it? How long was your lift healing? Any complications or revisions? How long did you have your scar?

I have heard that Donut Lifts w/ simultaneous periareolar placement of implants increase your risk of capsular contracture by 34%! I mean, 34% is a HUGE number. I've also read there is a increased risk of complications in general, increased risk of revision surgery, etc. Potentiality for severe scarring, nipple flattening & areola stretching. Not to mention I'm stumbling upon Donut lift horror story after horror story while I'm actually searching the internet for POSITIVE outcomes! It's as if the positive experiences simply don't exist lol Yikes!

Anyone have a Donut lift w/ implants whose willing to share their experience with me, I would be so grateful! I do have a secondary consult to discuss my concerns, but I am losing sleep over this. My breasts have been a huge source of emotional distress for so long and I feel like I cannot afford the emotional toll of something going wrong during a surgery that's intended to improve my situation.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Hey! I had a donut lift with large implants on my second aug. I love them they are looking great so far and I donít have really any concerns. I chose the donut lift bc my first aug I went through the areola and you could even see a scar what so ever after. I should have just gotten the lift the first time but I was borederline if I needed it or not.
Youíll hear good and bad stories for both sides- my friend had a lollipop lift and her got infected and she almost had to get explanted bc they could get her incesion to close w/ getting infected- I know other who have had the same w zero probs. It really
Just comes down to the person
I have lots of pics shoot me a FR if you want to see my progress
good luck on you BA
Old 05-09-2018, 02:07 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jennaven View Post
Hey! I had a donut lift with large implants on my second aug. I love them they are looking great so far and I donít have really any concerns. I chose the donut lift bc my first aug I went through the areola and you could even see a scar what so ever after. I should have just gotten the lift the first time but I was borederline if I needed it or not.
Youíll hear good and bad stories for both sides- my friend had a lollipop lift and her got infected and she almost had to get explanted bc they could get her incesion to close w/ getting infected- I know other who have had the same w zero probs. It really
Just comes down to the person
I have lots of pics shoot me a FR if you want to see my progress
good luck on you BA
Thank you so much. That makes me feel a little better. If it's dependent on a individuals ability to heal, I do tend to heal well in general. I had a Spinal decompression and microdiscektomy surgery after a bad accident and my surgeon said my back scar is one of the lightest, slimmest scars he has ever seen and he is quite proud of it. lol But this surgery is a whole different thing and I'm brand new to elective surgery. I just hate the idea of possibly making the wrong decision and having to live with knowing I CHOSE IT.

I did message you because I don't know how to friend request yet but I'm going to try to figure it out so I can see your photos. I really appreciate your willingness to share. This lift has me so distraught it's ridiculous!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:55 PM

mia711 will become famous soon enough
Wow, I am feeling exactly the same way. My PS mentioned I would be a good candidate for the donut lift but that it wasn't necessary. I was right in the middle. I decided to go forwards with the lift since I did want my breasts to look perkier. I am 12 days post op and I just got my suture tapes off this evening. I freaking out by how they look and I have been looking everyone for before and after pictures to try and calm myself down. I haven't seen very many decent after pictures since most of them are taken before they fully heal. I have been researching a lot of forums and I have seen that most women are extremely happy they did it. That the only concern was that they wish they would have had it earlier. I'm feeling a little more optimistic now. I am still really early in the healing process and I know its going to take a while for the incision to heal. I'm staying optimistic

Last edited by mia711; 06-05-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 AM

Coming back to update for those who may be feeling this way in the future...

I had my BL/BA 23 days ago. Went with the Benelli/Donut lift and 550 cc implants and so far I have no regrets! I just had my Steri strips removed and saw my incisions for the first time two days ago and they are actually not as scary looking as I anticipated. I will keep updating my profile with progress photos so women researching this lift in the future have another resource of actual experience.

HUGE thank you to the gals here who were willing to talk to me about it because I was a nervous wreck!