Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

BL/BA sutures opening

Old 05-27-2018, 07:39 AM

Woody1995 is on a distinguished road
BL/BA sutures opening

Ugh! Y’all! I am so frustrated and worried now for almost 3 weeks of dealing with an open suture line.

About week three my right side under crease suture line opened up. Small opening. Doctor and nurses check it out and it was not that deep and no implant exposure (Thank God) so they cleaned and debreed it and restitched it up.
Now there’s another or existing section that’s opened up a tiny spot between the new sutures! I’ve just finished a 10 day round of antibiotics as a precautionary measure. I am so frustrated and sad and worried! I have been a model patient! I’m a non smoker and never around smoke! I have none of the delayed healing indicators! Just don’t know why this is happening! Anyone else dealt with this after a lift?
Old 07-06-2018, 02:39 AM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Woody1995 View Post
Ugh! Y’all! I am so frustrated and worried now for almost 3 weeks of dealing with an open suture line.

About week three my right side under crease suture line opened up. Small opening. Doctor and nurses check it out and it was not that deep and no implant exposure (Thank God) so they cleaned and debreed it and restitched it up.
Now there’s another or existing section that’s opened up a tiny spot between the new sutures! I’ve just finished a 10 day round of antibiotics as a precautionary measure. I am so frustrated and sad and worried! I have been a model patient! I’m a non smoker and never around smoke! I have none of the delayed healing indicators! Just don’t know why this is happening! Anyone else dealt with this after a lift?
Did everything end up ok?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:13 PM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
Do you have dissolvable sutures? If you do, your body may be allergic to them and “spitting them out.” I had that with my first surgery with the incision on my areola. They were red and opening up in places. I had a pustule that was the size of a dime that kept coming and going. I had the stitches that get removed with my second surgeon and this never happened.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:15 PM
32C with 150cc's and lift

beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice beckybee is just really nice
I see the post is a little old but for anyone with dissolvable sutures, there’s something called “spitting stitches” when your body wants to expel them. Just happens to some people.