Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

How long does it last?

Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Sparkles2303 is on a distinguished road
How long does it last?

Hi ladies. This is probably a silly question, but is a lift fairly permanent? I know breasts will continue to change over time, but is a breast lift like getting implants where you will eventually have to get another one (at least) at some point?
Old 07-02-2018, 07:46 PM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sparkles2303 View Post
Hi ladies. This is probably a silly question, but is a lift fairly permanent? I know breasts will continue to change over time, but is a breast lift like getting implants where you will eventually have to get another one (at least) at some point?
I wonder the same thing. I have a lollipop lift. Iím thinking gravity will do its thing and they will sag again, but it might be different since I wonít be having more children.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:59 PM

PumpkinPasties is on a distinguished road
I think how quickly you sag depends partly on the quality of your skin. But yes, eventually breasts will droop again. Lifts don't stop the natural aging process. They just reset it.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Alli3fire will become famous soon enough Alli3fire will become famous soon enough
My breast never sagged until they increased so much in size with pregnancy and breast feeding my children. After they went back to normal size, I had a lot of sagging and my skin did not rebound. My breast drastically increased in size with pregnancy, I'm talking a 4 cup size diference. So, I'm hopeful that now that I'm done having children, my lift will be someone permanent assuming I dont' have any drastic weight loss or gain. I think if you needed a lift due to an event that won't happen again, like pregnancy or a very big weight loss, you;re lift should hold a very very long time.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:29 PM

Sparkles2303 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Alli3fire View Post
My breast never sagged until they increased so much in size with pregnancy and breast feeding my children. After they went back to normal size, I had a lot of sagging and my skin did not rebound. My breast drastically increased in size with pregnancy, I'm talking a 4 cup size diference. So, I'm hopeful that now that I'm done having children, my lift will be someone permanent assuming I dont' have any drastic weight loss or gain. I think if you needed a lift due to an event that won't happen again, like pregnancy or a very big weight loss, you;re lift should hold a very very long time.
I'm definitely hoping for that! I had my first child last year and my breasts changed of course, so once I'm done having kids in a couple of years I'll be ready for a lift and possibly replace my implants? I knew my breasts would change with pregnancy, but I wasn't expecting them to change THAT much since I already had implants! I can't wait to expand my family (hopefully), but I'm not looking forward to what more pregnancies will do to my breasts! 🤷
Old 08-02-2018, 08:47 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
It's really hard to say because I think it depends a lot on individual anatomy, quality of skin elasticity, lifestyle, etc...

I work in women's healthcare, specifically with Prenatal and Postpartum women. And I can tell you that I just recently had a patient who had a lift and implants 12 years ago after her first child. She's had 3 more children since, and her breasts look amazing. Even through three more kids she didn't face ptosis again.

I think our bodies can be radically adaptive once they've faced a trauma like damaged tissue/ptosis, oftentimes our bodies will find a way to prevent that from re-occurring in the future. But I don't think we can count on it and I would not consider a lift permanent. I went into my lift thinking, "Hey, if it gets me a few years of feeling/looking good, I'm happy. If it lasts forever, I'm ecstatic!"